Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Selling my RCF

20 hours ago, rayaans said:

That trader appears to have painted the insides of your previous RC-F exhaust red

c1160afbde1f4d059ffa211b8bfa00eb.jpg

And its a shocking job too - its got overspray all over the backbox. Also managed to put £4k onto the price (rip off) and then changed the number plates to some naff ones. 

Talk about ruining a lovely car

What the... looks almost like vandalism, except the dealer did it? That will turn off a lot of potential buyers... seriously, wtf.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/27/2021 at 8:32 PM, ColinBarber said:

Hopefully you will get one in September, otherwise it would be Nov/Dec. Their estimates are optimistic at best, and for this quarter the China factory is going to be supplying mainland Europe with M3 for the first time and initial shipments of MY so there is going to be constraint of UK deliveries.

Just confirmation it’s on the way. Should get it in a couple of weeks. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/6/2021 at 8:42 PM, rayaans said:

That trader appears to have painted the insides of your previous RC-F exhaust red

c1160afbde1f4d059ffa211b8bfa00eb.jpg

And its a shocking job too - its got overspray all over the backbox. Also managed to put £4k onto the price (rip off) and then changed the number plates to some naff ones. 

Talk about ruining a lovely car

Woooooow its like its got afterburners! 🚀 

WTAF!!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, after a week in the M3LR, I can safely say that I’m never going back to internal combustion for my daily driver….

I ‘might’ get something else that is small and light for weekend hooning around, but actually, probably not.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JonP said:

Well, after a week in the M3LR, I can safely say that I’m never going back to internal combustion for my daily driver….

I ‘might’ get something else that is small and light for weekend hooning around, but actually, probably not.  

Jesus that's a statement and a half. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Arnett said:

Jesus that's a statement and a half. 

Might be different if I didn’t have a fast home charger, but I used to think that yeah, I’d go electric but I just need batteries to get better or whatever. I was pretty sure after a test drive and living with the Tesla has confirmed it. 

all the talk about poor paint and panel fit are in the past. I’m having the car ceramic coated, guys just told me they can’t fault the factory body work. Inside is this same. No rattles etc, as good as anything I’ve seen from Toyota and the iPad style dash works really well. 

Driving the single motor version might be less interesting but the dual motor version seems like the perfect car for me at the moment. I think Chris Harris got that right….

3 hours ago, JonP said:

Might be different if I didn’t have a fast home charger, but I used to think that yeah, I’d go electric but I just need batteries to get better or whatever. I was pretty sure after a test drive and living with the Tesla has confirmed it. 

all the talk about poor paint and panel fit are in the past. I’m having the car ceramic coated, guys just told me they can’t fault the factory body work. Inside is this same. No rattles etc, as good as anything I’ve seen from Toyota and the iPad style dash works really well. 

Driving the single motor version might be less interesting but the dual motor version seems like the perfect car for me at the moment. I think Chris Harris got that right….

A friend of mine has a model X, its nice I just find it lacks personality and I hate the lack of noise that comes with the electric cars.

That could be one of the reasons I prefer Hydrogen, the engines can make a sound a burble etc. 

The instantaneous power of electric cars is great but I feel they lack personality as such. I suppose as time goes on this will change further. And yeah I imagine a fast home charger makes a world of difference.  

19 hours ago, JonP said:

How does it compare to the RCF? I mean I guess it's hard to even draw comparisons as they are totally different cars.

I can totally understand driving one as a daily, plenty of punch around town and very cheap running costs.

4 hours ago, Rob RCF said:

How does it compare to the RCF? I mean I guess it's hard to even draw comparisons as they are totally different cars.

I can totally understand driving one as a daily, plenty of punch around town and very cheap running costs.

It accelerates faster and response to the throttle is instantaneous, which I really like.  it’s similar dimensions to the rcf, but the view is better. Quiet and comfortable. Sound system perhaps not quite as good as the ML but still pretty good. Eats miles on the motorway. Even without the self driving turned on the adaptive cruise is significantly better. Steering and throttle are quite sensitive, it’s got a motor on each axle so perhaps a bit less steering feel but corners like it’s on rails. 

more room inside, seats 5 adults and plenty of room for luggage etc. feels like the wheelbase might actually be a bit longer, I need to check, as the wheels are in the corners more, which I like. 

the performance model is lower with bigger wheels and brakes and more power, but tbh the long range model in my mind still beats the rcf and the C63s I have tried and is significantly cheaper. Unless you are on a track, and I’m not going to track it, I think it beats most ICE cars, not sure what you would need to do to hang the back end out but it would need to be extreme. 

Oh and don’t forget the running costs. Tyres are PS4s, apparently last 20-40k depending on how you drive. brake pads, usually 100k plus because of the regen braking. Other than that, change the pollen filter occasionally and the brake fluid every 2 years. So it’s a lot cheaper to run, - fully comp on a new Tesla was 60% of the cost for a 6 yr old rcf. So add in approx £7 for about 320 miles charging at home and the savings are substantial. Given what I sold the rcf for I’m covering the cost to change to a new Tesla in < 3 yrs. obviously there is still depreciation to consider, however, have you looked at the prices of 2nd hand model 3s?

30 minutes ago, JonP said:

Oh and don’t forget the running costs. Tyres are PS4s, apparently last 20-40k depending on how you drive. Brake pads, usually 100k plus because of the regen braking. Other than that, change the pollen filter occasionally and the brake fluid every 2 years. So it’s a lot cheaper to run, - fully comp on a new Tesla was 60% of the cost for a 6 yr old rcf. So add in approx £7 for about 320 miles charging at home and the savings are substantial. Given what I sold the rcf for I’m covering the cost to change to a new Tesla in < 3 yrs. obviously there is still depreciation to consider, however, have you looked at the prices of 2nd hand model 3s?

All true, but very boring. 

Well I can't disagree with you as I've never driven one. Sounds like you really like the TM3. Not missing the RCF at all?

I was sort of considering an electric car before getting my RCF, but didn't feel quite ready yet (no home charger, infrastructure concerns, etc).

My last car (2.0 turbo petrol) had really surprising amounts of torque and was pretty fun around town, but felt gutless at motorway speeds. How is it in that regard?

I bet you're pretty chuffed about switching just before the fuel crisis also, lol, good timing.

3 minutes ago, Rob RCF said:

Well I can't disagree with you as I've never driven one. Sounds like you really like the TM3. Not missing the RCF at all?

I was sort of considering an electric car before getting my RCF, but didn't feel quite ready yet (no home charger, infrastructure concerns, etc).

My last car (2.0 turbo petrol) had really surprising amounts of torque and was pretty fun around town, but felt gutless at motorway speeds. How is it in that regard?

I bet you're pretty chuffed about switching just before the fuel crisis also, lol, good timing.

Yes, timing == smug factor 🙂

nope, not missing the rcf.  Just instantly accelerates really strongly at any speed. It’s like driving an electric go kart, the friends I’ve had in the car have been astonished by the acceleration. No need to worry about getting the gearbox lined up and as it’s got a motor on each axle I’m not spinning the rear rubber, so it’s putting the power down more effectively and i think the tyres will last a lot longer than the rears on the rcf 

Top speed is certainly less than the rcf and suspect maxing it on the autobahn for long periods would drain the Battery quickly, but for road use anywhere else , I think it’s perfect. 

However I do think a good home charger is a must, not the Tesla dumb one. I’ve got a Zappi which is brilliant. 

1 hour ago, JonP said:

Yes, timing == smug factor 🙂

nope, not missing the rcf.  Just instantly accelerates really strongly at any speed. It’s like driving an electric go kart, the friends I’ve had in the car have been astonished by the acceleration. No need to worry about getting the gearbox lined up and as it’s got a motor on each axle I’m not spinning the rear rubber, so it’s putting the power down more effectively and i think the tyres will last a lot longer than the rears on the rcf 

Top speed is certainly less than the rcf and suspect maxing it on the autobahn for long periods would drain the battery quickly, but for road use anywhere else , I think it’s perfect. 

However I do think a good home charger is a must, not the Tesla dumb one. I’ve got a Zappi which is brilliant. 

It's an obvious question... But do you not miss the noise?

Went I went from my ISF to my FK8 I really struggled with lack of noise of a V8 compared to the 4 pot turbo even though my Type R is faster accelerating mid range.  New exhaust has sorted that to a degree ofc 🙂

I can't imagine going from a V8 to nothing.  The only people who do that are failed F1 (V6) or Indycar drivers who end up in Formula E 😉

Or am I wrong and the whoopie cushion sound effects while sat in front of an open fire make up for the lack of V8 😉

5 hours ago, FTBBCVoodoo said:

It's an obvious question... But do you not miss the noise?

Went I went from my ISF to my FK8 I really struggled with lack of noise of a V8 compared to the 4 pot turbo even though my Type R is faster accelerating mid range.  New exhaust has sorted that to a degree ofc 🙂

I can't imagine going from a V8 to nothing.  The only people who do that are failed F1 (V6) or Indycar drivers who end up in Formula E 😉

Or am I wrong and the whoopie cushion sound effects while sat in front of an open fire make up for the lack of V8 😉

I thought I would, in practice, not at all. Listen to a lot more music whilst driving now. I’ve had 3 V8s in a row, I may be getting old but I can get from A-B faster and with more composure than ever before in what is basically an electrified skateboard with seats and not have the maintenance hassles.

It’s a new, software and electron driven world these days, time to move on. Particularly with speed limiters coming in next year. 

13 minutes ago, JonP said:

I thought I would, in practice, not at all. Listen to a lot more music whilst driving now. I’ve had 3 V8s in a row, I may be getting old but I can get from A-B faster and with more composure than ever before in what is basically an electrified skateboard with seats and not have the maintenance hassles.

It’s a new, software and electron driven world these days, time to move on. Particularly with speed limiters coming in next year. 

Randomly my neighbour had a Tesla on a weekend test a few years ago.  He decided against it and no word of a lie, bought a 1984 Ferrari Mondial.  Ugly thing but sounded lovely.  You couldn't go from more of an extreme to another although he potters around in an SC430 nowadays.

I drove a friend's electric Mini Cooper S the other day and must say I wasn't blown away although it weighs more and has less power than my Type R, something with a bit more go may change my mind.

That being said...  The wife is currently EV shopping. 

The Hyundai Ioniq-5 appears to be the front runner at the moment.  She works from home and has to go to Bristol from Poole about once a month so for school/shop runs it makes sense.  I also think the Ioniq-5 looks awesome, like an old school Cylon on wheels 😉

I am sticking with fossil juice as long as I can using her as my carbon offset 😉

It's just whether to stick to my Halfords Civic or return to the F fold that I am on the fence with at the moment.

On 9/30/2021 at 11:21 AM, JonP said:

A friend of mine has a model X, its nice I just find it lacks personality and I hate the lack of noise that comes with the electric cars.

That could be one of the reasons I prefer Hydrogen, the engines can make a sound a burble etc. 

The instantaneous power of electric cars is great but I feel they lack personality as such. I suppose as time goes on this will change further. And yeah I imagine a fast home charger makes a world of difference.   

Tell you what though.. I really dont mine the look of the Kia Ev6 it looks different.. and I like that.  

Lexus does not have IMO even a remotely tempting electric propitiation 

2 minutes ago, Arnett said:

Tell you what though.. I really dont mine the look of the Kia Ev6 it looks different.. and I like that.  

Lexus does not have IMO even a remotely tempting electric propitiation 

Completely agree on the Ev6, if they hadn’t quoted a stupid lead time for delivery when I asked about it I would have been seriously tempted. Similarly a polestar 2.

My wife fancies a Honda e, but the Battery size is a bit small given the distances she travels and it’s comparatively expensive, I’m not really convinced by the smaller EVs yet, though we could make it work. 

I think there is a good argument for hydrogen as an alternative fuel for buses and trucks and for some weird reason I quite like the Rasa. I think there is still a long way to go in car design in the post ICE era. 

• 3 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links