Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Cd Changer

I've not had any problem with my cd changer [yet] but lots of you have. Does anyone know why? Is it ever down to user error, like pushing the disc in too hard or at the wrong time etc? How many of you have had errors using standard CDs rather than copies? I seem to recall one post that associated err 3 problems with using copied discs. Are these thicker than standard ones ? Do they cause jams?

I think CDRs are thinner than standard CDs (maybe this is what causes the problem?).

Toyota/Lexus CD players all seem to be a bit on the temperamental side. I'm guessing that the multi-cd player suffers more than most due to its complexity.

I think most in dash changers struggle 'cos there's not a lot of room to play with - I've heard the Visteon (read Ford/Jaguar) changers are similarly blighted. Still a good thump and everything is fine for another couple of months :lol:

I think CDRs are thinner than standard CDs

Nope, standart CDs are thinner than CDRs.

But that doesn't cause the changer to fail.

It just has weak nippels in there (don't know how to explain that) :P

If you get your changer changed within the warranty you get a used one, which is repaired. The weak nippels (really don't know how to explain them) are changed by harder ones.

:whistling:

I'll also ask the "experts" :huh: to see what there opinion is when I go to Lexus tomorrow to get the unit removed.

FYI, the two CDs I have jammed in there just now are original CDs and as far as I can remember I was fairly careful putting them in. Tried giving the side of the console a good thump (several times now!) and no joy either.

You have to open the console. Only plug in the power connector of the unit. Turn key on egnition. Turn changer 180deg bottom up and shake it while pressing load-, eject- or CD-button several times.

Sometimes it also helps to reset the unit by pulling the fuse (don't know which one).

I think most in dash changers struggle 'cos there's not a lot of room to play with - I've heard the Visteon (read Ford/Jaguar) changers are similarly blighted. Still a good thump and everything is fine for another couple of months  :lol:

I've had 6 disc changers in a Jeep, Mitsubishi, BMW and Lexus. I had problems with all bar the Lexus. The common theme with them jamming seems to be cheap CD-Rs and p :tsktsk: d mates sticking (forcing) the changer in upside down :lol: Can't do that with the Lexus :lol:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links