Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

On 8/27/2021 at 4:16 PM, b4u2 said:

still got to resolve this though....

any suggestions or ideas what it may be?

I really would take it back to the dealer with a list of what needs fixing, so that its condition meets (presumably) the glowing description when you bought it.

You might be without a car for a few days, but in the long term it will be worth it surely...

Sooner than later.

• Like 1

On 8/26/2021 at 10:19 PM, b4u2 said:

@NemesisUK

I have tried it on all options

never mind

it's not the end of the world although i like everything working

Non-working lamp washers can affect the MOT test on vehicles registered after 1st September 2009.  It can be classed as a Minor fail for regular bulbs, but as a Major fail for LED and HID lamps.

So another reason for getting back to the dealer if this is a fault that has occurred since the vehicle has been in their possession.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, b4u2 said:

@PCM

Dealer is about 250 miles away from my home. He's based in Scotland. 

I see that’s the first time you’ve mentioned that!

Of course that raises other questions.  The first of which is ‘why’?

Mind you, it doesn’t get you any nearer to solving the problem - unless a nearer Dealer is the answer?

25 minutes ago, LenT said:

Of course that raises other questions.  The first of which is ‘why’?

That's an easy one to answer Len - you just have to be prepared to travel for the right car.

We live in Preston, Lancashire, and our first RX (a 300) was bought from a trader in London. Our second and third (current) RXs, both 450h, have come from Lexus Teeside.

6 minutes ago, Herbie said:

That's an easy one to answer Len - you just have to be prepared to travel for the right car.

I’m clearly out of step in that regard, Herbs.  I’ve never been that focussed.

Every car I’ve had - and there have been a few - has been the result of chance encounters.  I certainly don’t have the dedication - or probably the automotive knowledge - to travel 250 miles to inspect a specific example.  So I’ve undoubtedly been fortunate that they’ve all been good buys and an interesting mix.

The Lexus Is a good example.  I didn’t even know there was a Lexus dealer in MK.  I was on my way to look for Mercs, Audi, BMW and the like.  I just popped in, never having even driven Lexus before or being aware of the model range.

Told the sales rep I wanted to replace a Honda Accord and he showed me the IS 250.  I drove it, did the tour of the other marques, and returned to put a deposit on the Lexus.  So basically I’m the very last person to dole out car buying advice!

And, to bring this back on topic, I didn’t worry about the head lamp washers because I never knew it had them!

Oh, just to add - it’s been a delight to own and drive.

• Like 2

On 8/26/2021 at 8:30 PM, scudney said:

Headlight washers will only work with Headlights on,silly question but did the key actually work in the door before 🤔

Good question.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links