Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Morning all.

I'm thinking seriously about swapping my IS and a pile of cash for a new RX. I test drove a new SE-L this week and it is an excellent car.

Does anyone have any predictions for depreciation on the new-model RX ?

The old model wasn't quite up there with the XC90 or X5 for depreciation, mainly it seems because Lexus seems prepared to build to demand rather than making people wait over a year.

Also would I be a fool to buy now and not wait for the hybrid ?

April edition of WhatCar? has a twin test between the RX300 SE-L and the VW Touareg. They have the Lexus value at 59% after 3 years which is only bettered by the X5. Although trading into a Lexus dealer won't get you that percentage.

I would at least wait until the pricing is available for the RX400h. If it's not much more than the SE-L then I would get that. I have a feeling it will be quite a bit more.

Thanks chaps.

I wouldn't be so sure on trade-ins from Lexus, I was given a very good guide figure for my 3 and a half year old IS, although it is fairly low mileage for it's age.

I like the sound of the hybrid, but if Lexus are really pricing it against the V8 X5 then I think it may be a bit too pricy for me.

The SE-L is fabulous though, I couldn't fault it, even the slight lack of pace didn't worry me because you didn't feel like tearing around like a nutter in that car !

April edition of WhatCar? has a twin test between the RX300 SE-L and the VW Touareg. They have the Lexus value at 59% after 3 years which is only bettered by the X5. Although trading into a Lexus dealer won't get you that percentage.

I would at least wait until the pricing is available for the RX400h. If it's not much more than the SE-L then I would get that. I have a feeling it will be quite a bit more.

So where would you get 59%?

Apologies for ignorance but I have always run my previous cars so they were only worth a few thousand max so never had to consider a 'high' value px.

I like the idea of the hybrid but suspect it will be outside my league.

• 3 weeks later...

I was thinking of maybe trading my RX300-SE + nav in for a new car of the same spec. Done just under 10K in 1 year, any idea of what kind of figure the dealer will come up with?

Anyone else been stupid enough to renew every year? :duh:

Cheers,

ab

Anyone else been stupid enough to renew every year? :duh:

Unfortunately yes :sick:

Had a basic Punto for 18 months then swapped for one of those HGT Abarth one's (which was to be honest a bit pants and build was crap).

Had that for 5 months (lost 5 grand) and swapped for a Megane cabriolet, had that for 18 months until I finally got some sense and got the Lex.

Never been happier and won't be swapping any time soon excluding unforeseen circumstances (touch wood!!)

A mate of mine at work averages about 12 months per car and I'm not talking Punto's here - ie top of the range Impreza's, M3, S3 & top of the range Gallant - very nice motors but I couldn't afford to play at that end of the market - still spending too much on beer :hehe:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links