Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sat Nav has Disappeared!

NemesisUK

17 minutes ago, Rabbers said:

Peter:  Whatever the solution to the mystery will be, I imagine you are thanking your lucky stars that the car is still under warranty.  How long will Lexus Tech take to respond?

I guess they have to wait for Japan to wake up? So perhaps first thing in the morning. Trouble is our start of the day is the end of theirs (assuming normal office hours) so not sure if they have 'live' communication or just emails

Yes, only 2yrs old and 11k miles puts it squarely into Lexus' corner.

I'm not inconvenienced as I have a courtesy car but I'm really puzzled as to how difficult it is to diagnose! Swapping units would be obviously to way but apparently that's not possible  

13 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

I guess they have to wait for Japan to wake up? So perhaps first thing in the morning. Trouble is our start of the day is the end of theirs (assuming normal office hours) so not sure if they have 'live' communication or just emails

Yes, only 2yrs old and 11k miles puts it squarely into Lexus' corner.

I'm not inconvenienced as I have a courtesy car but I'm really puzzled as to how difficult it is to diagnose! Swapping units would be obviously to way but apparently that's not possible  

If the car was over 3 years old, the problem would not be covered by the Manufacturers warranty, nor would it be covered by the new Relax warranty, but willMembers remember that resolution can be available via the Consumer Protection Legislation?

Interesting times ahead methinks.

1 hour ago, royoftherovers said:

If the car was over 3 years old, the problem would not be covered by the Manufacturers warranty, nor would it be covered by the new Relax warranty, but willMembers remember that resolution can be available via the Consumer Protection Legislation?

Interesting times ahead methinks.

Yes but Lexus are very good at providing goodwill.

Bear in mind the £4k fix cost me £500 on a 7 year old car as Lexus head office paid for the majority of it

27 minutes ago, rayaans said:

Yes but Lexus are very good at providing goodwill.

Bear in mind the £4k fix cost me £500 on a 7 year old car as Lexus head office paid for the majority of it

Yes,I fully understand that Rayanns. The world is changing and what Lexus used to do is not what they do now.

I fully expect Lexus to offer Goodwill in cases of owners who possess a full Lexus Service History,but not everyone will be able to claim that going forward and it is those people who will need to consider taking appropriate action under Consumer Protection Law.

I Would not anticipate that what Lexus has done for you to be a suitable benchmark for others. You appear to have a close relationship with Lexus as evidenced by your superior advanced knowledge of Lexus products and your acquisition of high end Lexus vehicles. Time will determine how the consumer will react going forward to the Lexus products and they will act according to how they are treated.

27 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Yes,I fully understand that Rayanns. The world is changing and what Lexus used to do is not what they do now.

I fully expect Lexus to offer Goodwill in cases of owners who possess a full Lexus Service History,but not everyone will be able to claim that going forward and it is those people who will need to consider taking appropriate action under Consumer Protection Law.

I Would not anticipate that what Lexus has done for you to be a suitable benchmark for others. You appear to have a close relationship with Lexus as evidenced by your superior advanced knowledge of Lexus products and your acquisition of high end Lexus vehicles. Time will determine how the consumer will react going forward to the Lexus products and they will act according to how they are treated.

It was only 6 months ago to be fair. They do have a policy in place that helps to keep Lexus vehicles on the road. Obviously if the infotainment system is conked out then they say it's not useful for.the road

Got a call this evening, my car is ready for collection 👍

Apparently the sat nav module suffered an 'internal' failure and has been replaced. Why it took so long, Lexus insisted the dealership run all possible diagnostics before they would ok the replacement. I guess it's not cheap!

Will collect Monday, all covered under warranty.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NemesisUK said:

Got a call this evening, my car is ready for collection 👍

Apparently the sat nav module suffered an 'internal' failure and has been replaced. Why it took so long, Lexus insisted the dealership run all possible diagnostics before they would ok the replacement. I guess it's not cheap!

Will collect Monday, all covered under warranty.

The new part is almost £3k to buy. Labour on top so I'm not surprised. 

But atleast it's sorted fairly efficiently

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rabbers said:

Great news. Patience rewarded. Looks like Lexus is looking more closely than formerly at its warranty costs.

Do not think so Rabbers.

Peter is covered by the 3 year manufacturers warranty.

The Relax warranty would not cover it.

3 hours ago, rayaans said:

The new part is almost £3k to buy. Labour on top so I'm not surprised. 

But atleast it's sorted fairly efficiently

Apart from the lack of communication (nothing for almost a week) I've nothing to moan about. Courtesy car, very nice NX only 1k miles old and no costs apart from replacing fuel used, I'm happy. 

Different story if car was over 3yrs old. I'd expect electronics to last longer, so might be a fight on my hands...

8 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

Do not think so Rabbers.

Peter is covered by the 3 year manufacturers warranty…

Yes, I know that.  But I have noticed that the authorisation of repairs under manufacturer’s warranty can nowadays involve a degree of indecisiveness that was once not at all typical of Lexus.

Car is now back on my driveway. :yahoo:

All clean and gleaming (in the heavy rain), just need to reprogramme my destinations and get used to the low-slung driving position 😉

Have booked my preview appointment in the new NX when it arrives in the dealership next month.... 😎

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links