Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Outdoor covers, which is the best?

hybridbatterysolutions

Hi People,

So those who know me know that i recently dabbled in a boneshaker, sorry, I mean a BMW Z4 which I just sold with it's cover which I bought from classic additions, at first I was pleased with it but later noticed that moisture was getting trapped between the paintwork & the cover leaving marks which I had to polish out. 

Given that I paid @£200 for it I am now very wary of covers but I have no real choice because my garages are my workshop so I cant use them, I could build a car port but to be honest the little land i have at the side i want to extend my workshops on to help me cope with the demand & expand.

So any wisdom you can impart would be most appreciated.

I don't know it's name but my nephew keeps my 1932 Triumph in a green fabric type, look-a-like small garage style,  cover that doesn't touch the car at all and enuf space above and around to keep spare engine, his motorbike too under the same cover

I think it might have cost him about £600 but I'm not sure on that

Might be of help to you if you had the space

Malc

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Las Palmas said:

All those laying on the car and not let air circulate are doing more harm than good. Dust can be washed off easy.

A big tent would be better than a standard cover.

Probably not so much of an issue in Las Palmas i guess 

We have now and then dust coming from Sahara (kalima) in quantities so high that you can feel them and chew on the fine sand. Sometimes completely dimming the sun and making the day dark and it can almost look like early evening in mid-day. Those days are very hot.

Wind is coming from north so lava-dust and gas from La Palma is not coming our way.

• 3 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, Localhero said:

I am in the same position garage full of tools can't have a carport, what about something like these? They vary from £200 to £800 never used one but they seem OK!

https://www.canvasandnylon.co.uk/portable-garages/

Have a look in the gold card member discounts are? 

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

I have been looking at car covers fold back type like a pram hood and quite expensive I saw one at £1800 plus £200 delivery on amazon eeeek! The same one is £385 plus £105 delivery on alieexpress in China anybody ever bought from them  and are they safe, and yes you can buy a single unit from them, many thanks Stew LH

On 9/29/2021 at 10:35 AM, hybridbatterysolutions said:

So any wisdom you can impart would be most appreciated.

I used to own a Bentley Eight - nice car, expensive to run!

Too big to fit in the garage so I bought a quality cover.

It kept the car dry, but... as the wind blew, the cover would move and gently rub areas of the car paintwork.

It marked it for life. Never again.

Car port an option?

On 09/11/2021 at 8:07 AM, PCM said:

I used to own a Bentley Eight - nice car, expensive to run!

Too big to fit in the garage so I bought a quality cover.

It kept the car dry, but... as the wind blew, the cover would move and gently rub areas of the car paintwork.

It marked it for life. Never again.

Car port an option?

Thanks for reply I would have a carport but unfortunately it would need to extend past the front elevation of my house which apparently is a definite No No, interested in your car cover comments as I am having a partial respray next week and been told not to put either a cover or wax on new paintwork🤫

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links