Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content


Wheel alignment


Shelside
 Share

Recommended Posts

My 2006 Rx350 is due its Mot this month so I've been checking over all the simple things that may flag a fail, bulbs, tyres, that sort of thing. 

Being front wheel drive it's a given the front tyres will take more of a pounding than the rears. I have noticed that all the tyres have worn unevenly so I will be replacing all of them before the Mot. Last year's test advised that the front suspension bushes/pin were wearing but not excessive so may need replacing this time around. 

I used to own a few e32 and e38 BMW 7 series cars and these were well known to suffer from "Wheel Wobble", which also lead to uneven tyre wear. Wheel alignment made things more bearable but didn't eradicate it completely. 

So, my question is, can anyone recommend anywhere that provides decent results as far as alignment is concerned. The local place I used to use is no longer there. I'm in North Herts but don't mind traveling if the service is good. 

Thanks in advance. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


45 minutes ago, Shelside said:

My 2006 Rx350 is due its Mot this month so I've been checking over all the simple things that may flag a fail, bulbs, tyres, that sort of thing. 

Being front wheel drive it's a given the front tyres will take more of a pounding than the rears. I have noticed that all the tyres have worn unevenly so I will be replacing all of them before the Mot. Last year's test advised that the front suspension bushes/pin were wearing but not excessive so may need replacing this time around. 

I used to own a few e32 and e38 BMW 7 series cars and these were well known to suffer from "Wheel Wobble", which also lead to uneven tyre wear. Wheel alignment made things more bearable but didn't eradicate it completely. 

So, my question is, can anyone recommend anywhere that provides decent results as far as alignment is concerned. The local place I used to use is no longer there. I'm in North Herts but don't mind traveling if the service is good. 

Thanks in advance. 

Wheels In Motion at Chesham. A superb facility and they really know their stuff.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites


15 hours ago, Shelside said:

My 2006 Rx350 is due its Mot this month so I've been checking over all the simple things that may flag a fail, bulbs, tyres, that sort of thing. Being front wheel drive it's a given the front tyres will take more of a pounding than the rears.  

Only front wheel drive?  Did I miss something?  I had always thought the RX350 was 4x4?

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


3 hours ago, Boxbrownie said:

Only front wheel drive?  Did I miss something?  I had always thought the RX350 was 4x4?

Ha ha, yeh my bad. Getting my cars mixed up. The Voyager does the same thing tyre wise being front wheel drive. 

🤣

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Shelside said:

Ha ha, yeh my bad. Getting my cars mixed up. The Voyager does the same thing tyre wise being front wheel drive. 

🤣

Phew……after 40 years in vehicle development I don’t usually miss something like that, I thought I had totally missed a front wheel drive model 😂

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...




Forums


News


Membership