Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus 10 Year Plus Extended Warranty

I agree,The tailgate in 5 years of ownership has been the only major issue, Lexus forum seems to bear this out with other owners.

Other than that just the 12v Battery ( due to not being used in lockdown ) & replacement Battery in key fob.

The best car brand I have ever encountered, hope I'm not speaking too soon !!!!!

• 1 month later...

As a matter of interest, has anyone had the 10 yr plus warranty long enough to know whether it auto renews, or if you have to prompt the dealer?

Mine will be up for renewal later this year and so wanted to know if I needed to do anything, or if it will just keep going unless I opt out.

46 minutes ago, Bluemarlin said:

As a matter of interest, has anyone had the 10 yr plus warranty long enough to know whether it auto renews, or if you have to prompt the dealer?

Mine will be up for renewal later this year and so wanted to know if I needed to do anything, or if it will just keep going unless I opt out.

I wouldn't assume that it auto renews - I had to make a call to put mine in place when my old Extended Warranty expired - be ready to chase it up close to your expiry date. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

20 minutes ago, King Bart said:

Just been to Lexus Stockport today and was told that Extended Warranty Plus doesn't exist anymore.

It's called 10 Year Plus Extended Warranty and only available when cars reach 10 years old or 100k miles - before that Relax Warranty is in place. Some Lexus staff still seem unaware of it - when I went to renew mine the person I spoke to initially didn't know about it but passed me over to someone who did and it was all renewed over the phone with no problem. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, King Bart said:

Just been to Lexus Stockport today and was told that Extended Warranty Plus doesn't exist anymore.

It apears that your car is 2007, so perhaps they meant it wasn't eligible, as it's up to 15yrs and 150k miles.

44 minutes ago, wharfhouse said:

It's called 10 Year Plus Extended Warranty and only available when cars reach 10 years old or 100k miles - before that Relax Warranty is in place. Some Lexus staff still seem unaware of it - when I went to renew mine the person I spoke to initially didn't know about it but passed me over to someone who did and it was all renewed over the phone with no problem. 

How long did it take for your paperwork to  come through Phil. After a bit of faffing around I got mine renewed over the phone with Lexus Guildford a couple of weeks or so ago, but haven't received any paperwork yet.

Sorry guys, was writing from my old account re Lexus Stockport. Which Lexus dealership offered the Extended one? My 2012 RX450h Relax is due to expire next month (still under 100k) and when I've asked about Extended Warranty Plus was told it doesn't exist. Any chance you could advise which dealership does Extended Warranty Plus so I can let them know. I'm going to get my Big 100k service done in December anyway to have Lexus Relax Extended for another year (originally was supposed to be March 2023), but next year I'll go with Extended Warranty Plus.  Thanks for the info!

Edited by BartLexusFan
Added mileage

24 minutes ago, Bluemarlin said:

How long did it take for your paperwork to  come through Phil. After a bit of faffing around I got mine renewed over the phone with Lexus Guildford a couple of weeks or so ago, but haven't received any paperwork yet.

I had my paperwork via email in 24 hours of my phone call with the dealer - it was as a pdf attachment from "motor.admin@thewarrantygroup.com" - I never received anything through the post though so you might want to double check your emails.

Also as I never received anything about the Lexus Roadside Assistance (by email or post) I checked with LRA this week to make sure all was in place for the next 12 months and had an email back confirming it is along with "Unfortunately, we no longer provide postal documents for complimentary cover and you will no longer receive new membership cards as we are working on reducing our carbon footprint and reliance on plastics, however please find attached a copy of the Lexus Roadside Assistance handbook providing full terms and conditions of your breakdown cover."

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, BartLexusFan said:

Sorry guys, was writing from my old account re Lexus Stockport. Which Lexus dealership offered the Extended one? My 2012 RX450h Relax is due to expire next month and when I've asked about Extended Warranty Plus was told it doesn't exist. Any chance you could advise which dealership does Extended Warranty Plus so I can let them know. I'm going to get my Big 100k service done in December anyway to have Lexus Relax Extended for another year (originally was supposed to be March 2023), but next year I'll go with Extended Warranty Plus.  Thanks for the info!

I arranged my 10 Year Plus Extended Warranty through Lexus Reading (Jemca group) - it's the second year I have had this and just renewed in October. The 10 Year Plus Extended Warranty is not dealer specific though, they just organise it for you, the provider is Toyota (GB) plc and it's administered by TWG Services Limited.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wharfhouse said:

I arranged my 10 Year Plus Extended Warranty through Lexus Reading (Jemca group) - it's the second year I have had this and just renewed in October. The 10 Year Plus Extended Warranty is not dealer specific though, they just organise it for you, the provider is Toyota (GB) plc and it's administered by TWG Services Limited.

Legend, thank you!

• Like 1

To put the 10 year plus extended warranty into perspective, I have just had my 2010 RX450Hserviced and MOT'd and four suspension bushes and arms were worn.

Cost to replace was in the region of £2500 which has been covered by the warranty.

Well worth the money.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, wharfhouse said:

I had my paperwork via email in 24 hours of my phone call with the dealer - it was as a pdf attachment from "motor.admin@thewarrantygroup.com" - I never received anything through the post though so you might want to double check your emails.

Also as I never received anything about the Lexus Roadside Assistance (by email or post) I checked with LRA this week to make sure all was in place for the next 12 months and had an email back confirming it is along with "Unfortunately, we no longer provide postal documents for complimentary cover and you will no longer receive new membership cards as we are working on reducing our carbon footprint and reliance on plastics, however please find attached a copy of the Lexus Roadside Assistance handbook providing full terms and conditions of your breakdown cover."

Brilliant, thanks Phil. I just checked my emails and saw that the dealership emailed me the pdf the day they set it up.

Thanks also for the heads up on the LRA, as I can stop waiting in vain for documentation on that to arrive.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Bluemarlin said:

Brilliant, thanks Phil. I just checked my emails and saw that the dealership emailed me the pdf the day they set it up.

Thanks also for the heads up on the LRA, as I can stop waiting in vain for documentation on that to arrive.

Glad to hear you found it

On 11/23/2022 at 5:42 PM, Cypry 1 said:

To put the 10 year plus extended warranty into perspective, I have just had my 2010 RX450Hserviced and MOT'd and four suspension bushes and arms were worn.

Cost to replace was in the region of £2500 which has been covered by the warranty.

Well worth the money.

I'm impressed. Definitely good news

• 4 weeks later...

I have recently taken up Lexus 10 year plus extended warranty, 01/11/22 ,but I have not received any document regarding Roadside Assistance. With the old extended warranty I received a Roadside assistance booklet with Membership Number and Contact details. I do have the full printed out agreement but nothing else, can anbody help?

1 hour ago, RoyCavanagh said:

I have recently taken up Lexus 10 year plus extended warranty, 01/11/22 ,but I have not received any document regarding Roadside Assistance. With the old extended warranty I received a Roadside assistance booklet with Membership Number and Contact details. I do have the full printed out agreement but nothing else, can anbody help?

I`m same as you Roy. I bought the 10 year plus extension from Lexus Chester and it is they who should provide paperwork re Roadside Assistance. They have not done so but I did phone the Roadside Assistance Team who confirmed that I was covered.

I will remind Chester to issue some paperwork,but the whole situation is unsatisfactory.

Which Lexus Dealer did you buy the 10 plus warranty from ?

I also received no paperwork this year for the Lexus Roadside Assistance with the 10 Year Plus Extended Warranty (last year I received the booklet and card). I emailed LRA and asked them to confirm it was in place and they replied it was but that they don't send any documentation or card anymore - something to do with saving the planet... Personally for peace of mind I think an email confirmation wouldn't be too much as the documentation with the 10 Year Plus Extended Warranty does not contain any reference to the LRA. If we all contact them to confirm it's in place maybe they will decide to start pre-empting it and send something out next time... 

• 1 year later...

Thanks everyone, just wanted to confirm this is still the case. Just signed up my 2013 RX450h which has just done 100,000 miles. The road assistance is still included as well. 

• Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/3/2024 at 12:28 PM, BartLexusFan said:

Thanks everyone, just wanted to confirm this is still the case. Just signed up my 2013 RX450h which has just done 100,000 miles. The road assistance is still included as well. 

Hi bart, I'm trying to find out which dealer did you get your extended warranty signed up from?  I stay in Manchester myself, I've rang lexus Stockport and Bolton, dy both seems not to know anything about the 10 years plus extended warranty

This might be a stupid question but is this 10 year extended warranty available in Ireland ? My 2016 IS300H F Sport only gets its annual warranty now every service and this can continue up to 185 000kms to my knowledge. 

Is it after this mileage I can avail of the extended warranty?

Hi BOLAJI,

I have the 10 year extended warranty & had the same issue that none of my local centres had heard of it, together with the call centre of LEXUS UK. No matter what I was able to evidence from this forum all adamant there was  no such thing.

As a last resort I called my dealer who I bought my RX from Snows, LEXUS, Hedge End ( Southampton ) I spoke with Conor in service ( a " expert " of the 10 year plus warranty ) who explained everything I needed to know, took in out over the phone £540 per year interest free over 10 months, all the paperwork arrived in the post a few days later. For 10-15 minutes on the phone with him so useful than my previous labours.

Hope this helps.

Frank

I need to buy this warranty soon ... I've emailed my local service manager but he never replied. I hope they are aware of it. 

Does anyone know if the warranty can be transferred to a new owner in case I sell it? That would be a great selling point. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links