Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Lexus Relax Query

Possibly a daft question, but doesnt hurt to ask

Looking at buying an RCF from a trader not a Lexus dealer, all seems in order with respect to Lexus Relax warranty in terms of service history and it is still in warranty from its last Lexus dealer service. However I was reading the T&Cs and came across the following exert:

I find point e) to be open to interpretation. So is this regarding first sale (as in it is not an import car) or any Lexus sold private/trade?

Ive asked Lexus Chester, they dont know and asked me to ring Lexus UK.  

image.png.f7fd6e61329bb8126266cf62124a2c70.png

I see what you mean, and in reality all cars are, at sometime or another, sold through Lexus GB. Personally I would say Lexus are offering a 1 year extension to your warranty provided the car is serviced by them and would therefore perpetuate the warranty regardless of where the car was sourced i.e. even a non Lexus franchise.

1 hour ago, Spunkmeyer said:

Possibly a daft question, but doesnt hurt to ask

Looking at buying an RCF from a trader not a Lexus dealer, all seems in order with respect to Lexus Relax warranty in terms of service history and it is still in warranty from its last Lexus dealer service. However I was reading the T&Cs and came across the following exert:

I find point e) to be open to interpretation. So is this regarding first sale (as in it is not an import car) or any Lexus sold private/trade?

Ive asked Lexus Chester, they dont know and asked me to ring Lexus UK.  

image.png.f7fd6e61329bb8126266cf62124a2c70.png

It is as Brian R says so you will be covered unless the car was an import say from Japan or elsewhere. Poor service however from Lexus Cheshire, asking you to phone lexus gb😔. They no doubt want your service business but couldn't be flagged to assist you - that's not what you expect is it? 

1 hour ago, Phil xxkr said:

It is as Brian R says so you will be covered unless the car was an import say from Japan or elsewhere. Poor service however from Lexus Cheshire, asking you to phone lexus gb😔. They no doubt want your service business but couldn't be flagged to assist you - that's not what you expect is it? 

I deal with Lexus Chester.

I have noticed that there has been a change in structure and that Tom Skelton has been elevated to  a senior position within the Service function.

This has LED to many Service questions being fielded by inexperienced staff which I hope in time will resolve itself, but in the interim may lead to dissatisfaction amongst customers. I do hope that this is short-lived.

I concur with Brian and Philip above but would advise Christian to get off his Social Media backside and confront Lexus UK soonest and then tell us all what he has been told.

😉

43 minutes ago, steve2006 said:

I think Christian was referring to the person he spoke to at Lexus Chester wanting to end the call ASAP and get back to social media not himself.

In which case I offer a full and unreserved apology. Thanks Steve.

Obviously the warranty T&Cs will need to be read carefully but in my experience (not with Lexus) warranty is not voided by modifications but if the mod can be shown to be the cause of the claim or be involved in the failure of another component, the warranty will not be honoured on those components.

If one were to modify the exhaust and a wheel bearing failed, that would be covered. If one were to modify the suspension and the wheel bearing failed, one might have a fight on one's hands..

It can be a grey area and gives the policy provider an opportunity to wriggle out of coughing up. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

I deal with Lexus Chester.

I have noticed that there has been a change in structure and that Tom Skelton has been elevated to  a senior position within the Service function.

This has led to many Service questions being fielded by inexperienced staff which I hope in time will resolve itself, but in the interim may lead to dissatisfaction amongst customers. I do hope that this is short-lived.

I concur with Brian and Philip above but would advise Christian to get off his Social Media backside and confront Lexus UK soonest and then tell us all what he has been told.

😉

Spot-on John, let's get back to, what can I do for you not what can you do for me 😎

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links