Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Background Check

3 hours ago, Spunkmeyer said:

Well I’m back in an F car. Managed 38.2mpg on the journey home!

Congratulations on the Car. Post up some pictures. How did you manage to get 38 miles to the gallon??? Thus is Camry economy.

Love the fact the speedo goes to 200mph but not in a millions years will the mpg go above 40! 

i wasn’t in a rush so was just trundling along at 56 up the M6 behind a lorry. Might be completely unfounded but it did feel like cruise control was more economical than normal driving at constant speed in eco mode (contrary to my experiences in other cars)

F700C733-08CE-4D5F-B6EC-729DD2981E1B.jpeg

32 minutes ago, Spunkmeyer said:

Love the fact the speedo goes to 200mph but not in a millions years will the mpg go above 40! 

i wasn’t in a rush so was just trundling along at 56 up the M6 behind a lorry. Might be completely unfounded but it did feel like cruise control was more economical than normal driving at constant speed in eco mode (contrary to my experiences in other cars)

F700C733-08CE-4D5F-B6EC-729DD2981E1B.jpeg

You got a nice slip stream that really does help with the fuel economy behind the lorry.

Nice work...

Given fuel prices are criminal at the moment I respect any eco warrior activities.

This week I am doing the school and nursery runs in the F as the wife is away in the family car. 5 mile round trip 3 miles a day on a cold engine with a bit of traffic. 19mpg and 42 miles from £20!

If it keeps going up a spirited drive might get close to £1 a mile!!

Edit: just did some quick maths and using super unleaded 6 mpg would be over £1 a mile :shock:

I picked up my F in March and drove back to Essex from Liverpool -250 miles and managed 36.5 at a steady 65- 75 getting the feel of the car in Normal mode. From then I've never used any thing other than Sport with the occasional Sport Plus. I don't think you'll ever use Eco again once you get the feel of that car - not actually sure why they put that on other than to keep the Green lobby happy. 

Enjoy that car pal. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links