Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Today I'll mainly be moaning about ...

Steve

1 hour ago, NeilS said:

I once had to attend a meeting to discuss the agenda for an upcoming meeting! Unbelievable. 

As a former Chartered Secretary, I can vouch for the wisdom behind the practice.👍

And as a former Trade Union officer, so can I !🤣🤣

1 hour ago, Phil xxkr said:

That explains the old saying "you make your own luck" 🤣🍀

I often wonder whether I was Adolf Hitler or Attila The Hun in a former life and it's Fate's way of paying me back...

I would like to moan about the lack of imagination and talent within the BBC. Apparently, there are moves afoot to bring back Big Break. That said, it would be more entertaining than all these in-vogue games with falling balls.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mincey said:

I would like to moan about the lack of imagination and talent within the BBC. Apparently, there are moves afoot to bring back Big Break. That said, it would be more entertaining than all these in-vogue games with falling balls.

Crikey James, who in their right mind watches the BBC these days? 🤯. It's clearly the effect of CV-19 lockdown🤣. No wonder the government wants to carry it on 😎

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mincey said:

I often wonder whether I was Adolf Hitler or Attila The Hun in a former life and it's Fate's way of paying me back...

There is a long long queue ahead of you for that particular accolade 😉

• Haha 1

....and if I may go one step further: websites which do not tell you when you're trying to log in with an email address which has not been registered with the site. Ok it's my fault for flitting between two email addresses, but if I were designing the site, I'd let people know. It is shodding coding. Absolutely shoddy. Shambolic in fact.

8 hours ago, Mincey said:

On a related note, has anybody ever noticed that those who believe in ‘past lives’ always seem to think they were Napoleon, or Cleopatra, or Atilla, or Hitler, or Robin Hood, or Julius Caesar etc. 

Funny how nobody ever seems to have just been a peasant from Grimsby.

I myself was Henry VIII, but that’s different…

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Phil xxkr said:

Crikey James, who in their right mind watches the BBC these days? 🤯. It's clearly the effect of CV-19 lockdown🤣. No wonder the government wants to carry it on 😎

I used to know (have lost touch) a colleague who was previously a senior manager at the BBC. He considered W1A to be a documentary rather than a comedy…

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, First_Lexus said:

I used to know (have lost touch) a colleague who was previously a senior manager at the BBC. He considered W1A to be a documentary rather than a comedy…

Yet I and others thought it an obit 😅

I have a very seasonal moan while I’m in the mood.

Brussels Sprouts. I mean, they’re the creation of the devil, right? Evil, EVIL things. And if my family tell me just once more that ‘…you’ll get to like them as you get older’ I swear I’ll scream. That ship sailed at least four decades ago…

51 minutes ago, First_Lexus said:

Brussels Sprouts. I mean, they’re the creation of the devil, right? Evil, EVIL things. And if my family tell me just once more that ‘…you’ll get to like them as you get older’ I swear I’ll scream. That ship sailed at least four decades ago…

Brussel Sprouts are bad for your health, Scientists have shown that everyone who ever ate a Sprout between the years 1762 and 1815 are now dead . You have been warned  Ade Bozzay

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, First_Lexus said:

This is lush!

BrusselsSproutKetchupGLASS2020_Medium_07

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, dutchie01 said:

Brussels Sprouts Ketchup??? Is this from thesame company producing Herring Mayonaise and Raw Liver Mustard?

Not as far as I am aware! Raw Liver Mustard would definitely get a miss from me, and I'm not too sure about the sound of Herring Mayonnaise either....

1 hour ago, Mincey said:

Not as far as I am aware! Raw Liver Mustard would definitely get a miss from me, and I'm not too sure about the sound of Herring Mayonnaise either....

Are you in reality that YouTube chap who does Rate My Takeaway? 🤣

• Haha 3

On 12/20/2021 at 11:33 AM, Mincey said:

....and if I may go one step further: websites which do not tell you when you're trying to log in with an email address which has not been registered with the site. Ok it's my fault for flitting between two email addresses, but if I were designing the site, I'd let people know. It is shodding coding. Absolutely shoddy. Shambolic in fact.

No, it's in line with cybersecurity and information security best practice. If someone is trying to guess your login details, whether manually or by automated means, you do not want to give reason to think that they have at least one right, and which it is.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, DanD said:

No, it's in line with cybersecurity and information security best practice. If someone is trying to guess your login details, whether manually or by automated means, you do not want to give reason to think that they have at least one right, and which it is.

I'm not convinced about that.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links