Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

NX 2022 delivery date

3 hours ago, Starlight said:

Not sure where you got the point of full functionality from. To start with, the NX, I reserved last year lost a load of functions to the one being delivered this year. Global issues affect all manufacturers and that is not the point, if you read the statement properly. Some manufacturers are better upfront, I have been around before going for lexus. Some have stock tools where you can reserve stock builds and have it delivered quicker, chips, war or earthquakes included but if you want bespoke build with all features, you get to wait. Lexus in North America also offer that. 

The rest of your argument about right to cancel and unrecognized revenue seems quite naive in business terms. There is nothing called unrecognized revenue when the cash is sitting in your bank. I am not sure you have any idea of the power of capital flows in business. You may want to pose that comments to companies who crowdfund resources of the value of £10 million pounds in 6 months or finance accountants who struggle with cash flow issues.

The arguments often blames the customer but if you don't like the criticism, then don't take the order and if you take the order and give an expected handover date, focus on that. 

Sorry you're not getting the NX you ordered. Think I'd cancel if that was the case, especially if there's no change in cost/deal. 

I was referring to other manufacturers who aren't able to offer all of the options in the brochure, rather than actual spec changes that seem to have taken place with Lexus. 

I mentioned unrecognised revenue and right to cancel as I was simply trying to highlight the fact that the money paid is a refundable deposit and not the true value of the goods that Lexus will eventually recognise. 

I'm sure annual UK sales across the brand are way less than 20k cars so your statement felt disingenuous, hence me thinking it sounded harsh. 

2 hours ago, Don C said:

Not sure where 20000 orders come from but it doesn’t matter whether it’s a new car, new house or new kitchen, if you’re having it made to order, you’re going to have to stump up a deposit and that doesn’t matter if they can give you an expected delivery date or not.  Lexus or any other manufacturer are sticking their neck out for hundreds of millions until the customer pays for what they’re building.  As for my being smug because mines arrived, I planned mine to lose the least on mine by selling it when it’s value was high and bought a Yaris in the interim on which I made a profit and there’s nothing to stop anybody doing the same thing.  Every single person that put their deposit on a new NX, knew the risk at the time of ordering and any of them can get a full refund if they fancy their chances with another high spec brand. If Lexus have already started building they stand to lose far more than £500.  Nobody is held at gunpoint.  

This. 

3 hours ago, Caspa said:

Sorry you're not getting the NX you ordered. Think I'd cancel if that was the case, especially if there's no change in cost/deal. 

I was referring to other manufacturers who aren't able to offer all of the options in the brochure, rather than actual spec changes that seem to have taken place with Lexus. 

I mentioned unrecognised revenue and right to cancel as I was simply trying to highlight the fact that the money paid is a refundable deposit and not the true value of the goods that Lexus will eventually recognise. 

I'm sure annual UK sales across the brand are way less than 20k cars so your statement felt disingenuous, hence me thinking it sounded harsh. 

This. 

Registered sales and advanced orders are different terminologies and have different statistics. If you are sure, please post lexus UK advance order statistics for 2021. 

13 minutes ago, Starlight said:

Registered sales and advanced orders are different terminologies and have different statistics. If you are sure, please post lexus UK advance order statistics for 2021. 

In addition, not sure what disingenuous refers to - 20000 orders = 10 million; 2500 orders = 1.25 million. So pick your choice. Numbers often present information better than rhetorics.

2 hours ago, Starlight said:

In addition, not sure what disingenuous refers to - 20000 orders = 10 million; 2500 orders = 1.25 million. So pick your choice. Numbers often present information better than rhetorics.

I can work out where the value comes from, I didn’t realise you were using hypothetical sales figures.  Talking down doesn’t make you right.  

7 minutes ago, Don C said:

I can work out where the value comes from, I didn’t realise you were using hypothetical sales figures.  Talking down doesn’t make you right.  

Thanks Don, I am not seeking to be right. I would probably be on your side if I have my order delivered, telling others waiting, to calm down, be merry, and lexus is on your side. 

To respond to your quote precisely, this post is not about sales figure but about advanced orders. Personally, I have no business with any manufacturers's sales figure as long as my order is on my driveway. However, I am concerned about advanced orders statistics when mine is stuck like most people who ordered 350h fsport. You talk about hypothetical facts and people knowing about risks when they ordered. 

The only risks I was factually aware at the point of order was, reserve your order, full spec with no reductions, be the first to test drive, delivery will start January 2022, and your order will be among the second batch. I made my decision based on that. Otherwise, I would have gone for 450h+ Fsport.

38 minutes ago, Starlight said:

Thanks Don, I am not seeking to be right. I would probably be on your side if I have my order delivered, telling others waiting, to calm down, be merry, and lexus is on your side. 

To respond to your quote precisely, this post is not about sales figure but about advanced orders. Personally, I have no business with any manufacturers's sales figure as long as my order is on my driveway. However, I am concerned about advanced orders statistics when mine is stuck like most people who ordered 350h fsport. You talk about hypothetical facts and people knowing about risks when they ordered. 

The only risks I was factually aware at the point of order was, reserve your order, full spec with no reductions, be the first to test drive, delivery will start January 2022, and your order will be among the second batch. I made my decision based on that. Otherwise, I would have gone for 450h+ Fsport.

In addition - COVID and microchips were already factored in by the manufacturer before the EDD and the assurances above. Maybe, you and your dealer can see well into the future like Nostrademus and were able to have further discussions about earthquakes and many others. In my case, I was not that gifted or opportuned. Nonetheless, none of the above have stopped manufacturers taking orders and giving people spurious EDD. Furthermore, despite all these world problems, no manufacturer I know has posted any loss, in fact Lexus posted a record 1.1% of sales with a record 3000 units in September 2021 (since, you are interested in facts and figures and you may also want to ask them about their rock solid advance order bookings and schedules) despite global issues.

Like I said, my order just like many others waiting will arrive but don't seek to minimise other people's experience because you are more fortunate.  That was point of this argument.

12 hours ago, Andy B said:

Here's the extract from the manual which shows how to do this:-

1777615688_Screenshot_20220326-203255_SamsungNotes.thumb.png.d1d12f59b0b16ca5a83c1e4a255e07af.png

Hope this helps. 

Many thanks Andy, it worked a treat first time!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Starlight said:

I referred to annual sales as I was sure I'd seen the last couple years at some point, but just looked it up for you. 

https://media.lexus.co.uk/lexus-overcomes-2020s-challenges-to-reach-record-breaking-uk-market-share/#:~:text=In terms of volume%2C 13%2C727,cars were sold in 2020.

https://media.lexus.co.uk/lexus-maintains-momentum-with-strong-2021-uk-sales-results/

I don't believe stats are available for advanced orders, but going on the annual sales for the brand you can see why the 20k didn't seem right to me. The NX is their top seller so likely takes a big chunk of that, but not aware of the exacts. 

14 hours ago, Starlight said:

It was the hypothetical number of orders as maths is maths, so didn't think that would be hard to work out. 

Jay Z's version is my preferred, but as the saying goes... Men lie, woman lie, but numbers don't. 

Unless they're made up that is lol.

Do note that I only said I thought you were being harsh when looking at the big picture, so there was no malice, which can't be said about your initial reply which came across as insulting. You may not be seeking to be right, but you're certainly talking down to people like Don said. 

Doesn't bother me but just chill a little as the delay really does seem to be getting to you more than it should. It's just a car and there's so many more important things to worry about, and that's from someone who's also sitting here waiting for their car to arrive!

• Like 3

Just had a call from my dealer. The original and recently confirmed delivery date of June for my 450h has now been reconfirmed as “could be as late as August.”

TBH I’ve been expecting the call. Does it bother me, - no the cars purchase price is fixed and the p/x price is fixed so has zero financial impact.
Try getting Land Rover to fix either of these & they will just laugh at you. Been there, done that and walked away.

• Like 1

My expected delivery date was also updated today.  Was originally told mid-August when I ordered towards the end of January.  That changed to mid-September a few weeks later and has now changed to mid-October.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

A number of rather negative comments on here.  Ordered my NX 350h FSPORT in January with an expected delivery of late August / early September.  Advised today mid-September, so very much on track - Ipswich Lexus providing reliable estimates and regular updates.    

2 minutes ago, philipsmith said:

A number of rather negative comments on here.  Ordered my NX 350h FSPORT in January with an expected delivery of late August / early September.  Advised today mid-September, so very much on track - Ipswich Lexus providing reliable estimates and regular updates.    

I’ll second that last phrase 👍

43 minutes ago, Chance521 said:

Seeing the pandemic may end soon and the semi conductor situation is resolved,  the product lines will be running full speed… fingers crossed 

I’m not sure either of those things are close to being sorted yet are they?  Seems the delays are still on the way up so going to be a very long time until we might get back to some sort of normality. 

My previous two updates was for delivery delayed until May (originally was end of Jan), I’m not expecting any good news when I get an update in a week or so.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Chance521 said:

Seeing the pandemic may end soon and the semi conductor situation is resolved,  the product lines will be running full speed… fingers crossed 

Well, I certainly hope you're correct!

Like others, the delay isn't the end of the world for me.  My current lease runs out mid-September, so I'll have to make alternative arrangements for a month or so, which I've done before so no big deal.  

• Like 1

My dealership (the one in London) is not good. Not proactive to update, and even no reply after my email. I don't have expectation on the ETA. From originally May to August to September (my order was place in mid Jan). I already placed an order for another model from Mercedes, whoever faster to deliver, I'll take that. I know Lexus is better however reality does not allow me to have infinite waiting time for a vehicle unfortunately. Perhaps I can sell  the brand new Mercedes after 6 months usage then the ETA of Lexus can be delivered in end of 2022 or Q1 of 2023 in worst case. Sigh.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, ZackLuk said:

My dealership (the one in London) is not good. Not proactive to update, and even no reply after my email. I don't have expectation on the ETA. From originally May to August to September (my order was place in mid Jan). I already placed an order for another model from Mercedes, whoever faster to deliver, I'll take that. I know Lexus is better however reality does not allow me to have infinite waiting time for a vehicle unfortunately. Perhaps I can sell  the brand new Mercedes after 6 months usage then the ETA of Lexus can be delivered in end of 2022 or Q1 of 2023 in worst case. Sigh.

Not good indeed and not representative of the usual Lexus standards that I have experienced. Lexus Edinburgh kept me updated every step of the way from the initial order in September last year to delivery earlier this month. 

8 hours ago, ZackLuk said:

My dealership (the one in London) is not good. Not proactive to update, and even no reply after my email. I don't have expectation on the ETA. From originally May to August to September (my order was place in mid Jan).

Hmmm 🤔, initially we were only interested in the 350h and during the 1st 2 weeks of January our dealer was always quoting Sept as the expected earliest delivery date.

We only decided on the 450h after being pleasantly surprised during the test drive and at the time of placing the order (31st Jan) they had moved to Oct delivery for the 350h.

4 hours ago, Ken R said:

Not good indeed and not representative of the usual Lexus standards that I have experienced. Lexus Edinburgh kept me updated every step of the way from the initial order in September last year to delivery earlier this month. 

How are you getting on with it Ken?

I've made an irritating blunder I think. On a whim I ordered the illuminated scuff plates for my 450h+ F-Sport. I got notification that it was in Derby on 4th March but it's delayed there until they can fit the said scuff plates. My dealer (Lexus Stockport) have been pushing to get it registered before 1st April but it seems that we're still a couple of weeks away. Full marks to Lexus Stockport for keeping me informed and providing regular updates, I do get a weekly call from them but they've not been able to expedite my car. So a cautionary tale - if you're looking for the quickest possible delivery, steer clear of non-factory fitted options. 

20 hours ago, philipsmith said:

Got my update yesterday. Ordered 450+ end of Jan and had a date of Aug 5th now forecast to be Sept 20th. A move of 46 days. Have a feeling this won't be the last delay! My current lease can only be extended till the end of Sept.

6 hours ago, Don C said:

How are you getting on with it Ken?

Hi Don

Very pleased with the car so far but only covered 250 miles to date - a large part in ev mode and getting to grips with the new features. EV range indicator is very accurate and the change from ev to ice is barely noticeable. Drove 13 miles in hv/ev mode to charge the traction Battery and gained about 6 miles however consumption dropped to 30mpg and the engine noise intrusion would make me avoid this option in future. HUD is brilliantly clear as is the 360 degree camera. Fit and finish is first class and ev charging very straightforward. Awaiting the install of the ev charger but using a 3 pin plug at present. The car recognising my profile is a bit hit or miss as discussed elsewhere in the loc. Only problem that I am having is with the internal tailgate switch locking option not working - get 2 beeps but nothing happens. Also the ev reverse warning to pedestrians is barely audible. I also miss the panoramic roof that I enjoyed on my old NX. Will update as I cover more miles and head to the petrol station to calculate the overall mpg. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Ken R said:

Hi Don

Very pleased with the car so far but only covered 250 miles to date - a large part in ev mode and getting to grips with the new features. EV range indicator is very accurate and the change from ev to ice is barely noticeable. Drove 13 miles in hv/ev mode to charge the traction battery and gained about 6 miles however consumption dropped to 30mpg and the engine noise intrusion would make me avoid this option in future. HUD is brilliantly clear as is the 360 degree camera. Fit and finish is first class and ev charging very straightforward. Awaiting the install of the ev charger but using a 3 pin plug at present. The car recognising my profile is a bit hit or miss as discussed elsewhere in the loc. Only problem that I am having is with the internal tailgate switch locking option not working - get 2 beeps but nothing happens. Also the ev reverse warning to pedestrians is barely audible. I also miss the panoramic roof that I enjoyed on my old NX. Will update as I cover more miles and head to the petrol station to calculate the overall mpg. 

Regarding about the tailgate locking, did you try to step away from it to let it lock? It won't lock if your key is still near the tailgate. There is a video for your reference. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Morning all, just thought I’d share my experience. NX 350h finally delivered - took just over 5 months and appreciate the waiting time may have lengthened. Ordered back in Oct and the biggest wait was for build in progress (end Jan) then left factory 10 days later and on its way to the UK. Took almost exactly a calendar month to arrive at Portbury and another two weeks for pickup at the dealership. The other issue I mentioned before was the luxury tax issue which affects only a small number of people (unfortunately me) - it looks like DVLA are playing hardball and are taxing the car based on the list price at the point of delivery (just over £40k in my case) rather than the price at the point of purchase (below £40k for me and honoured by Lexus) - very annoying!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links