Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi All,

So I picked up my first Lexus on Saturday, it's 2009 IS250C. It has  57,000 miles but does have a with a few issues such as alloy wheels corrosion, some body scrapes, flaking wiper arms etc...  I'm planning to get these issues sorted out, however for the life of me I cannot seem to reset the TPMS. I have checked the tire pressures and adjusted as specifed in manual. (Fronts 35 psi and Rears 38 psi), but to no avail. I hold the on/off Sat button for more than 3 seconds, but don't get the message 'Pressure initial'

I think I need to replace the TPMS, however wanted to check if anyone else experience this on their IS?

Look forward to everyones comments/feedback.

John

I don't know about your vehicle model but, on my UX, the TPMS resets after a short drive, rather than trying to use the info system.

Apologies if that reply isn't useful. 

Hi John

Did you get this from Stockport? Think I took a look at it too. 

I ended up with a different IS250C, but it's also a 2009 and reset my TPMS recently. I did this by turning the engine on, toggling to the 'tire pressure initial' screen using the satellite button and then holding it for 3 seconds. I don't get the 'system check' message as on the video above, but the tyre pressure warning light flashes 3 or 4 times to show that it has been registered. 

Hope this helps.

Tim

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tim_2111 said:

Hi John

Did you get this from Stockport? Think I took a look at it too. 

I ended up with a different IS250C, but it's also a 2009 and reset my TPMS recently. I did this by turning the engine on, toggling to the 'tire pressure initial' screen using the satellite button and then holding it for 3 seconds. I don't get the 'system check' message as on the video above, but the tyre pressure warning light flashes 3 or 4 times to show that it has been registered. 

Hope this helps.

Tim

Hi Tim,

Yeah I got this from Stockport. 

I think one of the TPMS sensor has had it and will need a visit to the garage. I got the car booked in on the 20th December to get the alloys refurbished and will ask them to install new sensors. 

How are you finding your IS250C? Enjoying it? 

I am finding that on mine the roof rattles quite bad over poor roads. Need to find a way to reduce the rattle. Another item to add to the to-do-list.

9 hours ago, McShmoopy said:

I was under the impression the IS250 2nd Gen didnt have a tyre pressure monitoring system! Was this included in all trim levels or only a few of them? 

Hi Bilal, 

Not sure if this was included in the trim level, however to be honest I rather not have this feature. I did a bit of research and found that TPMS was made mandatory from 2016.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Beamish said:

The TPMS was only fitted to the IS250C and was not available in the saloons but I am open to correction on this.

Dec.

I appreciate you may be referring to a specific model year, but my IS250 Premier, registered in Feb 2015, came with TPMS valves.

I’ve had to replace one, which was broken by a well-meaning lad trying to remove the metal dust cap (nb: plastic dust caps don’t corrode on to the valve stem) which was done by a local tyre place for about £70.

The reset button on mine is under the front of the dash, almost in line with the steering column.  And no - it doesn’t reset itself.  The batteries can last from 5 - 10 years, apparently.

4 hours ago, Beamish said:

The TPMS was only fitted to the IS250C and was not available in the saloons but I am open to correction on this.

Dec.

5 hours ago, LIJO151 said:

Hi Bilal, 

Not sure if this was included in the trim level, however to be honest I rather not have this feature. I did a bit of research and found that TPMS was made mandatory from 2016.

Thanks for the info guys, I've just checked in the 2009 IS250C SE-L I have available and my personal saloon 2010 IS250 F sport and only he IS250C had the tyre pressure monitoring. It is strange they only introduced it in the convertible but could it be because there is no spare tyre with the convertible compared to the saloon? 

On 12/7/2021 at 11:55 PM, LIJO151 said:

Hi Tim,

Yeah I got this from Stockport. 

I think one of the TPMS sensor has had it and will need a visit to the garage. I got the car booked in on the 20th December to get the alloys refurbished and will ask them to install new sensors. 

How are you finding your IS250C? Enjoying it? 

I am finding that on mine the roof rattles quite bad over poor roads. Need to find a way to reduce the rattle. Another item to add to the to-do-list.

Hi John

Loving it so far, although the weather's not been too conducive to even sitting in it on the drive!!! I gave it a good clean and polish inside and out and there's no way you would think it was over 10 years' old. Mine does tend to rattle a bit too, and a search on the internet seems to bring up a whole multitude of reasons for this .... and solutions, but I think that I will simply need to take it out on a very long drive to see where it's coming from before attempting any resolution. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links