Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

More Carbon Delamination

4 hours ago, F.A. said:

After years of constant nagging, Lexus have finally come back with a ‘good will gesture’ offer of £3600 to replace my rear spoiler  and centre console and dash trims. Obviously I’m not proceeding with that 😡. Does anyone have the contact details of the head honcho at Lexus?  Worth a letter to express my dissatisfaction with the brand I think.  

Interesting to know if they would be fitting replacement parts that have had any improvement work done since the original design.  Are the new ones going to fail the same way in a few years time?

Such a shame when you consider the parts involved and the impact the failure has aesthetically, affecting the ownership experience.  

suppose you could use it as an opportunity to upgrade and spray them Solar Flare!

1 hour ago, Jgtcracer said:

Interesting to know if they would be fitting replacement parts that have had any improvement work done since the original design.  Are the new ones going to fail the same way in a few years time?

Such a shame when you consider the parts involved and the impact the failure has aesthetically, affecting the ownership experience.  

suppose you could use it as an opportunity to upgrade and spray them Solar Flare!

That’s the concern. I doubt that the new parts are made any differently as Lexus refuse to admit they have a problem. 

Considering there are only around 65 GSFs in the country, you would have thought that they would have been more accommodating, but their customer service is not what it used to be in my opinion.  A massive shame indeed. 

Is this problem specific to the GS F ? It would be interesting hear from any RC F owners having issues with the carbon trim on their cars as I would imagine the same processes are used on the carbon pieces 🤔.

I know that some people in America are having problems with the trim on their RCFs but I’m not sure about in the UK. 

7 minutes ago, F.A. said:

I know that some people in America are having problems with the trim on their RCFs but I’m not sure about in the UK. 

Any RC F owners out there care to comment ? 

48 minutes ago, Duggie B said:

I’m not aware of any but worth remembering that standard carbon on UK RCFs is a little different.  Mine is silver weave, similar to an ISF.  Think black carbon was maybe an option (?) and on the carbons.

12 hours ago, Duggie B said:

My RCF has the silver carbon trim on the interior and is fine. I have heard of some having problems with the RCFs with black carbon delaminating around the window switches though.

I don't think I've seen any examples of the silver carbon delaminating so maybe it's made with a different process or something.

11 hours ago, Duggie B said:

Have to say, thankfully my F isn't suffering from the delamination problem atm🤞

🤞🏾 it stays that way. Mine is a  ‘17 plate, so maybe the later ones were manufactured properly. 

1 hour ago, Rob RCF said:

My RCF has the silver carbon trim on the interior and is fine. I have heard of some having problems with the RCFs with black carbon delaminating around the window switches though.

I don't think I've seen any examples of the silver carbon delaminating so maybe it's made with a different process or something.

I guess this is what UK RCFs are using

https://carbonfibergear.com/blogs/carbonfiber/what-is-texalium

10 hours ago, ashyk36 said:

My passenger side carbon trim has the the same problem.

Half of the strip is now delaminated. 

Unfortunately I think they are all susceptible and it’s just a matter of time. Apart from the ones we know about  on this forum, I’ve been watching the ones which come and go on AT and the majority all have some signs of delamination.  Not the isolated case due to neglect Lexus want you to think it is 😡

12 hours ago, MNMJ said:

Not noticed any de-lam on my RC-F and it is coming up to 8 years old. Maybe it is just the GSF?

Yes thankfully my RCF isn’t either🤞🏻

On 5/13/2023 at 11:55 AM, Jgtcracer said:

I think you've got that dead right, had a good look at mine today and it does seem to be that material. I guess us RCF owners dodged a bullet with this one. Particularly with Lexus denying any liability, bit surprised by that I must say. First bit of negative comments I heard about the RCF and GSF cars.

I think I'd be very unhappy with it occurring bordering on incandescent with Lexus avoiding any acknowledgement then lack of sorting it.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links