Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2009 RX with 180k on the clock reviewed by Scotty Kilmer

Personally I would not trust any youtuber with car "reviews" because they overglorify cars to such a level that competes with 90's teleshoping ads.

About the gen 2 RX, I think exterior is the best looking of all RX generations, but the interior is too old.

The reliability of the car was top notch, but now is too old and has past its lifespan.

The real problem with this model is fuel consumption, of about 10-13 liters/ 100kms, which is not that big deal in USofA, where gasoline is cheaper than water, however in Europe is heart breaking.

The second problem with RX in Europe are replacement parts, Lexus has managed to sell about 290 000 RXs in 20 years in Europe + UK + Russia, therefore manufactures did not bother with aftermarket parts, nor are any of them in scrapyards.

1 hour ago, Andrei 00 said:

The second problem with RX in Europe are replacement parts, Lexus has managed to sell about 290 000 RXs in 20 years in Europe + UK + Russia, therefore manufactures did not bother with aftermarket parts, nor are any of them in scrapyards.

Most of the parts are the same for LHD vehicles so you can import from the US (rockauto etc.) where there are lots of aftermarket parts. The 400h is the one to get though, as you say the cost of running a petrol one is high. Corrosion is another issue for this vehicle in the UK climate, the underbody rust protection isn't that great on these models.

I get about 30mpg with my 2.4L and although that’s not a lot by modern standards, when you offset it against reliability or the cost of buying something newer with equivalent boot space it’s a pretty decent tradeoff. One day i’ll probably upgrade to a volvo estate but can’t afford to do it at the moment, and my car wouldn’t be worth much to sell but is very valuable to me as a super reliable runabout with a cavernous boot.

• Like 2

"High Peak Autos" is definetely a recommended channel, the owner Matt is a second hand car dealer and knows more about cars then 99 percent of youtubers.

"Different Car Review" is another recommendation, who does common issues and faults for second hand cars. Here is a video about the RX gen 2.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links