Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Delays

beyond the blue

I'm yet another with October delivery quoted, and the order not yet in production. If they've been making everyone the same promises then they're either going to need a big ship or there'll be quite a few disappointed customers come October. Unfortunately, given Lexus' history of delivery predictions, I fear it's going to be the latter.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, PaulD68 said:

It seems no one that has been moved onto the MY23 cars has a build slot allocated yet ? 

Is it possible Lexus have problems with the newest spec model ? 

Something is not right, when i spoke to Lexus Uk, they were incredibly vague....its not sitting well with me at all. My Dad gave me his car to use in Feb and he has been using buses to travel, i am desperate to return his car as the weather changes.......its not on 

• Sad 1

Reading some of the Toyota production announcements it seems they are still having COVID and supply chain issues with their suppliers and suspend plant operations at different factories for the odd day here and there.

Their latest update seems to be more encouraging - so the only unknown is if there are specific ES issues unrelated to the plant (as the ES uses the same production line as the RX, they can just pump out more RXs).

We at Toyota would like to again apologize for the repeated adjustments to our production plans due to the parts shortage resulting from the spread of COVID-19, and for causing considerable inconvenience to our customers, who have been waiting for the delivery of vehicles, suppliers, and other parties concerned.

The global production volume for September is expected to be approximately 850,000 units (approx. 250,000 units in Japan and 600,000 units overseas). In last month's production plan, we announced that the average monthly production plan for the next three months (August through October) would be approximately 850,000 units, and that the planned production volume for September is in line with this plan.

At the time of this announcement, the global production plan for September through November has been revised to a higher volume, estimated to average about 900,000 units per month. This plan is based on careful confirmation of parts supply and the personnel structures and facility capacities of our suppliers. However, it remains difficult to look ahead due to the spread of COVID-19 and other factors, and we will continue to make every effort possible to deliver as many vehicles to our customers at the earliest date while closely examining the situation.

The production forecast for the fiscal year remains unchanged (approx. 9.7 million).

• Like 2

Just had word today from our dealer. The car which was ordered in January and was originally due in May and then October will not be here til 2023. I am told, that there still isn’t a built slot and that delivery is 3 months beyond that! And even that is an estimate. That’s an even longer wait than my VW ID3! I also have a Grenadier on order - that’s due in March - at this rate it may be here before the Lexus! 

• Sad 2

33 minutes ago, Shotleyboy said:

Just had word today from our dealer. The car which was ordered in January and was originally due in May and then October will not be here til 2023. I am told, that there still isn’t a built slot and that delivery is 3 months beyond that! And even that is an estimate. That’s an even longer wait than my VW ID3! I also have a Grenadier on order - that’s due in March - at this rate it may be here before the Lexus! 

This is absolutely ridiculous! Ordered in Jan! 

No hope for me then... 

• Sad 1

Ordered an ES Nov 2021 no ETA. Ordered a Toyota May 2022 this has just entered build and has an ETA of early November. Communication has been very good from the Toyota dealer and terrible from the Lexus one....

• Sad 2

29 minutes ago, Cs150 said:

Ordered an ES Nov 2021 no ETA. Ordered a Toyota May 2022 this has just entered build and has an ETA of early November. Communication has been very good from the Toyota dealer and terrible from the Lexus one....

Another minus for Lexus Cambridge.

17 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

Another minus for Lexus Cambridge.

My order is with Lexus Swindon. Onto the second salesman now and neither have been pro-active in communication. To be fair though it’s a fairly sh*t job currently, ringing clients with constant bad news. No one is a winner here except the few who got their cars - to them, best wishes!

29 minutes ago, Shotleyboy said:

My order is with Lexus Swindon. Onto the second salesman now and neither have been pro-active in communication. To be fair though it’s a fairly sh*t job currently, ringing clients with constant bad news. No one is a winner here except the few who got their cars - to them, best wishes!

Thanks for the information Shotleyboy.

It is an opportunity as it doesn`t have to be ash*job at all. It all stems from the respective Dealership Principal whose job it is to motivate.There are many ways to sell bad news--ask Dale Carnegie-.

All motor manufacturers are in the same boat and such news as is available must be conveyed in an open and honest way. No point in telling lies or making excuses.Remember that they are customers who have friends and children who might themselves be future customers.Treat them with respect and they might just respect you.

Go into the showroom and have polite conversations with those people who are in the sh*t jobs and you will see them in a different light.Give it a try.

Last week I had occasion to phone Lexus Cardiff. I`d never been in touch previously and they didn`t know me from Adam. Wow, what great customer service I got from two of their Sales Team Ryan Elston and Stephen Thomas and I`ve have no hesitation about travelling the 200 miles to give them my business. Clearly some Dealer Principals are more effective than others.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

It is an opportunity as it doesn`t have to be ash*job at all. It all stems from the respective Dealership Principal whose job it is to motivate.There are many ways to sell bad news--ask Dale Carnegie-.

You've been on those expensive management courses again, haven't you! Or else they made a big impression on you a while back.

Please explain how it is anything other than a sh*t job to have to phone someone and tell them that the car you told them will be arriving in October is now not arriving in October, and whatever new date you give will probably not be believed because you've lost all credibility by giving incorrect information so many times before.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dippo said:

You've been on those expensive management courses again, haven't you! Or else they made a big impression on you a while back.

Please explain how it is anything other than a sh*t job to have to phone someone and tell them that the car you told them will be arriving in October is now not arriving in October, and whatever new date you give will probably not be believed because you've lost all credibility by giving incorrect information so many times before.

Not sh*to me Ian. If its part of my job it is my responsibility to do what is required to the best of my ability. You clearly do not have good and effective communicators down there. Write to Lexus Customer Services and make your views known.

And yes, my attendance on Management Courses was a good while back.

• Like 2

On 9/3/2022 at 11:44 AM, wecpc said:

I have just made the decision to reverse the cancellation as all other options for different suppliers/manufacture's meant longer waits and possible changes to spec/price and as others have said I was happy at the time for the 2022MY spec, just that the 2023MY was tempting especially as I was told I was going to get it. But coming down to reality the 2022MY spec is OK and there is always android auto to bypass their system.

Luckily my sales executive phoned me this morning to arrange my deposit return before I had chance to email him of my change of mind, so it is all back to normal again with the car due in the next few weeks. It is currently in the UK going through its PDI checks before come down to my local showroom. The end of the saga, thank goodness.

My ES300 has now arrived at my dealers, just awaiting the call for the handover time.

• Like 2

Mine’s coming into the dealers on the 23rd Sept and picking it up Saturday 1st. Could have been a couple of days earlier but the Saturday works best for me. 

My LS is now on 199,000 miles so will just miss out on taking it to 200k!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dippo said:

It's a good job I was sitting down - I just checked the tracker, and my car (Premium Edition, ordered mid-February) has just gone to build in progress!

You will find it's worth the wait. Mine was ordered in mid-February and took delivery mid-July as I took delivery of a cancelled order. Had to pay the full price thou as the order contain some extras like sunroof etc

2 hours ago, Dippo said:

It's a good job I was sitting down - I just checked the tracker, and my car (Premium Edition, ordered mid-February) has just gone to build in progress!

Hope for us all. Mine was also ordered in mid Feb.. Keeping everything crossed 

On 9/14/2022 at 4:28 PM, wecpc said:

My ES300 has now arrived at my dealers, just awaiting the call for the handover time.

Had the call, all paperwork sorted electronically with handover due on Tuesday 27th September at 3pm. I just hope it is not raining, at least until I get home, so I can fully inspect it before driving off.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, wecpc said:

Had the call, all paperwork sorted electronically with handover due on Tuesday 27th September at 3pm. I just hope it is not raining, at least until I get home, so I can fully inspect it before driving off.

You might get a free umbrella like I did. Plus my showroom has a special side room with cool lighting to unveil your new car in private, so I got chance to get a good look over before taking outside. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

A glimmer of hope

Just been contacted by my dealer who informs me that  "Oct 31st is when it is scheduled to arrive in the UK, it then has final checks at Burnastone before coming to us" -

What does this mean in terms of time before it reaches the dealership (Lincoln)?  Days? Weeks?

thanks

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links