Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Delays

beyond the blue

• 2 weeks later...

It seems the delay issues being experienced by the ES buyers is model specific. I ordered an RX in the 3rd week of November 2021 and took delivery of my new car on 23March 2022; which was a record 4 months. Am ware Lexus have three manufacturing plants in Japan and the RX is built in Aichi, not sure where the ES is built? This may explain the delays, in addition to the global semiconductor shortages.

Also, it may come down to model issues, for example is their a delay for ML audio chips or maybe a delay on a particular colour interior? Or the ventilated seating? 

if their is a particular external supplier involved, the delay could be longer 

25 minutes ago, Tonyw said:

Also, it may come down to model issues, for example is their a delay for ML audio chips or maybe a delay on a particular colour interior? Or the ventilated seating? 

if their is a particular external supplier involved, the delay could be longer 

Im sure they're probably having chip issues for the Mark Levinson system. Harman Industries which seems to own harman kardonm, Mark Levinson amongst others is having a chip crisis. Other brands have already dropped the ability to choose HK as an option and have clearly noted it may take longer for the car to arrive to thos that specified it

17 hours ago, Cs150 said:

Ordered third week of November 2021. Been given multiple dates that have changed. Last date was July. Now slipped to August! 

This is worrying. I ordered December 2021 and was initially told May 2022. Last update was July 2022 but that was about 3-4 weeks ago. I suspect mine will be August/September now...

5 hours ago, rayaans said:

Im sure they're probably having chip issues for the Mark Levinson system. Harman Industries which seems to own harman kardonm, Mark Levinson amongst others is having a chip crisis. Other brands have already dropped the ability to choose HK as an option and have clearly noted it may take longer for the car to arrive to thos that specified it

Just like BMW, removed hk in the spec and people still willing to order it

10 hours ago, Aljaf90 said:

This is worrying. I ordered December 2021 and was initially told May 2022. Last update was July 2022 but that was about 3-4 weeks ago. I suspect mine will be August/September now...

In my case the dealer communication has been absolutely abysmal. I pushed hard and requested a screenshot from their system showing the exact projected delivery date. They have not provided the screenshot still but have advised August is the new current date approx. Cannot state how disappointed I am with the local dealer really. Local Ford, Kia and Toyota dealers all of which I have experience with due to having a number of vehicles all far superior to the Lexus dealer experience.

10 hours ago, Cs150 said:

In my case the dealer communication has been absolutely abysmal. I pushed hard and requested a screenshot from their system showing the exact projected delivery date. They have not provided the screenshot still but have advised August is the new current date approx. Cannot state how disappointed I am with the local dealer really. Local Ford, Kia and Toyota dealers all of which I have experience with due to having a number of vehicles all far superior to the Lexus dealer experience.

You're right, it has been poor. But in the current climate I would assume it is the same for most dealers/manufacturers as *everyone's* orders are delayed. In the past, it was isolated cases.

just like the Lexus NX, the manufacture in Japan has been stop accept order already,  and mention the waiting time is around 9 months to 1 year.

the sales person will still accept customer order and let the customer wait, it just like a gambling, maybe after a months, all the semiconductor issue has been solved, then the manufacture production become normal, then customer will receive a Brand New vehicle and the sales person get the bonus

if the semiconductor shortage keep going on, customer can choose to cancel the order and it wont affect the sales person

Just called and got an update from my dealer. My car is still not allocated a build slot/date. They have advised that on the 27th of this month, they will know if this is going to be a MY22 car, in which case expecting delivery in August, or if this will be a MY23 car with the new updates - in which case this will be a September/October delivery + also a potential price increase - which I'm obviously not happy about.

Having placed my order in December 2021 and initially told this would be a May 2022 delivery - this is disappointing. 

He has promised to call me back on the 28th with an update, so let's see.

• 3 weeks later...

Again ordered my ES Premium in early Feb, had 2x email from Lexus Edinburgh to say a build slot hasn’t been allocated yet. He did say that estimated delivery would be June-ish. That’s abit of a pipe dream now.

I’ll assume I’ll be hit with the recent price increase aswell, which will take the overall cost over that £40k mark. (Was a mental kinda barrier)

55 minutes ago, kevtoon2905 said:

Again ordered my ES Premium in early Feb, had 2x email from Lexus Edinburgh to say a build slot hasn’t been allocated yet. He did say that estimated delivery would be June-ish. That’s abit of a pipe dream now.

I’ll assume I’ll be hit with the recent price increase aswell, which will take the overall cost over that £40k mark. (Was a mental kinda barrier)

I ordered mine first week of February,  currently being told delivery mid October, and that's if it gets a build slot in the next month or 2.

2 hours ago, george72 said:

ordered late Feb...ETA OCT

Seems optimistic , I've ordered 14 Jan and I've been told October also. Order still at " ORDER IN PROGRESS" stage.  Like mentioned before that will only be achieved if the "BUILD" starts in next 4 weeks, allowing for shipping time etc.. 

• Like 1

Ordered Nov last year, proposed delivery date changed more times than a political script. Communication poor, dealer experience poor, image of Lexus brand now poor. Not got the car yet and it is on a negative!

I had a call from the dealer today. I originally ordered my Premium Edition in mid February, when it was quoted as July/August delivery. A call in April put that back to November/December.

Today's call tells me it is currently showing October delivery. When I asked, it was confirmed it would be MY23, and that the change for the model year was the completely updated multimedia system. The dealer also confirmed the price I would be charged was as stated on my original order, and we know from the MY23 Price List already available that the car will still be under the £40k VED barrier, so I'm back to being a happy customer again. I'll be even happier once I see it's entered production. but I suppose I'll have to wait untill at least August to see that.

• Like 4

In the same situation ordered mid feb - ETA- October- fingers crossed.

I am interested in the new multi media set up and wondered if we have had any other update on this. I was not overally impressed with the sound quality on my standard pioneer stereo on my old Es300h and would be interested to see if the sound quality was likely to  see an upgrade.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dippo said:

I had a call from the dealer today. I originally ordered my Premium Edition in mid February, when it was quoted as July/August delivery. A call in April put that back to November/December.

Today's call tells me it is currently showing October delivery. When I asked, it was confirmed it would be MY23, and that the change for the model year was the completely updated multimedia system. The dealer also confirmed the price I would be charged was as stated on my original order, and we know from the MY23 Price List already available that the car will still be under the £40k VED barrier, so I'm back to being a happy customer again. I'll be even happier once I see it's entered production. but I suppose I'll have to wait untill at least August to see that.

Am still to hear back from my dealer as to whether mine is MY23. I ordered in December and expected delivery is late September currently. The infotainment change is a big deal and could make or break a sale based on individual preferences - it bemuses me that there is absolutely no announcement publicly about this from Lexus (well not one that I've seen anyway and I'm searching on a daily basis in anticipation). This kind of change isn't an overnight decision, makes me wonder whether it's a response to supply chain issues rather than a considered road map and therefore communications is playing catch-up.

• Like 2

Received an update that the expected date has changed to not giving a projected date! So dealer unable to give any indication when the vehicle will arrive!

• Sad 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links