Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Windscreen washer removal.

My passenger windscreen washer is really weak and I was wondering how to remove them without breaking them  initially I thought you’d pull from the end closest to the windscreen but I don’t want to force it and snap any clips. Anyone removed these successfully?

EAC7055D-9A21-4524-B178-C75AD20206FB.jpeg

Ok so I thought f**k it I’ll try this. It worked. Anyway removed and cleaned the washer jet but no improvement. Swapped keys over and still the same. 

I used a syringe and fired water into the washer lines (passenger side) and it came out driver side no problem so there’s definitely no blockage. 

any advice?

17 minutes ago, steve2006 said:

Check the valve where both washer jet pipes connect into, these have been known to fail on other models resulting in poor pressure at one jet.

E4CFFE34-19FB-476D-8084-5EA8157CADEA.png

Yeah I just come across that. I’ve ordered one from amazon, do you know the best way to remove the clips that hold the sound proofing to the bonnet? 

D270C1A5-DE1C-4EC6-A801-586B2A33C201.png

1 hour ago, Dcisfsport said:

Yeah I just come across that. I’ve ordered one from Amazon, do you know the best way to remove the clips that hold the sound proofing to the bonnet? 

Let me know how you get on. My washer jets stopped working too..I can still hear the pump when I pull the stalk so that's fine, there must be a blockage somewhere though.. Jets under the bonnet look clean so it might be the valve like Steve says above.

Hi Lucas ,might be worth taking out the pump and checking ; when you can hear it running it does not mean the spindle is turning the impeller which may have jammed and sheared  had this happen before but not on the Lexus

Dave

15 minutes ago, true blue said:

Hi Lucas ,might be worth taking out the pump and checking ; when you can hear it running it does not mean the spindle is turning the impeller which may have jammed and sheared  had this happen before but not on the Lexus

Dave

Perhaps. I'll check it out.. I also just found an old thread: 

2 hours ago, Dcisfsport said:

Yeah I just come across that. I’ve ordered one from Amazon, do you know the best way to remove the clips that hold the sound proofing to the bonnet? 

You can buy a set of clip removal tools for a few pounds on eBay, the forked one just goes under the clip head and then you lever it out..

Replacement clips are also pretty cheap on fleabay should you break any, I purchased a 200 box assortment for around a fiver.

• Thanks 1

Hi Darren. How you getting on with the washer jets removal? My drivers side jet is weak but not a MOT failure but not as good as the passenger side. Thinking of just replacing the pair and the valve connector. 

53 minutes ago, Mr Vlad said:

Hi Darren. How you getting on with the washer jets removal? My drivers side jet is weak but not a MOT failure but not as good as the passenger side. Thinking of just replacing the pair and the valve connector. 

Managed to remove them with the the method In the video I posted above. I’m hoping the valve arrives tomorrow before I head out to work. Rest assured I’ll update as soon as I get the chance to fit it. 

also the part number for the valve is 85321-28020

Update for anyone that’s still interested. 
armed with two table spoons I popped off the clips and changed the part. Back to fully working jets.

R.I.P to the clips that didn’t survive.8FCB818D-B658-4D73-9E20-EA62EFA745E6.thumb.jpeg.1e7657cc2558add26c9ff082dea1a951.jpeg8A4E16CF-AADC-49ED-B5D0-439F6447CA25.thumb.jpeg.0c75f9df3e7336c4fdf42a17dbb2068d.jpegDC3CE834-10D4-4AAF-B0E2-A76845EAB727.thumb.jpeg.a1388d3eb2d2a982392f780845de92a5.jpeg

Edited by Dcisfsport
  • Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links