Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gargantuan Solar Farms

Phil xxkr

London, 13 February - Net Zero Watch has warned that current plans to dramatically expand industrial solar farms on farmland across across Britain is a serious threat to UK agriculture and food security. 

Drawing on new data from the solar industry the campaign group has revealed that an astonishing 37,000 MW of land based solar PV capacity is in pre-planning and planning in the UK.

If built, this would take 150,000 acres of farmland – or 75,000 football pitches – out of production at a time when Britain has less farmland in use than at any time since 1945, and is losing such land to industrial and other uses at the rate of about 99,000 acres a year, increasing import dependency.

This is an excerpt from Net Zero Watch. Com's latest press release. I offer it up as yet another sleight of hand from the green insanity all around (unlike farmland shortly) ! It's worth a perusal. I confess an interest here as I have good friends who are farmers and I am a member of the GWPF. 😎

• Sad 1

Scotland has 19.5 million acres .......  suggest Sturgeon agrees to a little of her peaceful blessed land be put over to Green Objectives and the power generated be underground cabled to the south where it will be used ...  levelling-up could be reality ............  but maybe just a metre or so in the air above ground level tho'

Malc

• Like 1

As it stands, Scotland already exports over 25% of it's generated electricity to the rest of the UK.

3 hours ago, Malc said:

suggest Sturgeon agrees

Good luck with that. 😄 She's hell-bent on turning the place into North Korea.

12 hours ago, J Henderson said:

As it stands, Scotland already exports over 25% of it's generated electricity to the rest of the UK.

Good luck with that. 😄 She's hell-bent on turning the place into North Korea.

That's an interesting start John, what's the source, wind, hydro? 

Those cells need not kill the farmland. The Germans are installing them on high platforms and planting crops underneath that normally don't like a lot of sun. IIRC berries and the such. See here: https://www.dw.com/en/farmers-reap-double-benefits-with-solar-power-in-fields/a-58284134

57500524_401.jpg

57555224_401.jpg

there's an awful lot of onshore wind .........  Sturgeonesque propelled ........ lots of hot air to be captured especially at Holyrood during debates methinks 😉

Malc

There was an article on the local news the other night about plans to turn most of Lincolnshire into a solar power farm Given that Peterborough is turning into the distribution centre hub of East Anglia, why not insist that any new distribution centres have to have solar panels on their roofs? (rooves?) I can't remember how many football pitches were going to be taken away from farming in this plan, which I must find the means to object to, but it was a significant number.

14 minutes ago, Mincey said:

There was an article on the local news the other night about plans to turn most of Lincolnshire into a solar power farm Given that Peterborough is turning into the distribution centre hub of East Anglia, why not insist that any new distribution centres have to have solar panels on their roofs? (rooves?) I can't remember how many football pitches were going to be taken away from farming in this plan, which I must find the means to object to, but it was a significant number.

Even the biggest "shed" would be dwarfed by the enormity of these proposals. The West Cottam one for example is 2,800 acres 😱. Imagine a pleasant run out to countryside with mile upon mile of solar panels! Biggest issue is the depletion of agricultural land meaning more food imports via the English Channel - good luck with security of supply there. And what about all the people who work on the land, supply and service the tractors and machinery, the processors of the produce from the land and so on. This is inevitably due to the madcap "net zero agenda" so first thing is to write to your MP outlining your concerns if enough people do it we just might get a pause in the destruction of the countryside. 👍

• Like 1

On 2/13/2022 at 11:00 AM, Phil xxkr said:

75,000 football pitches – out of production at a time

have we got that many .  and just to let you all know that I really wouldn't have any issue with each and every one being handed over for power generation ...  they'll be in convenient locations too for masses of EV Charging Points .  I guess ! ....  or is there a little more to plugging in an EV I wonder :whistling:

Nah, footie hasn't ever attracted me .....  and anyway I'm thinking lots might be owned and financed with Oligarch money and I don't mind all that Russian dosh being confiscated either for a more worthwhile cause ............  powering up our Great British Nation :yes:

Malc

32 minutes ago, Malc said:

have we got that many .  and just to let you all know that I really wouldn't have any issue with each and every one being handed over for power generation ...  they'll be in convenient locations too for masses of EV Charging Points .  I guess ! ....  or is there a little more to plugging in an EV I wonder :whistling:

Nah, footie hasn't ever attracted me .....  and anyway I'm thinking lots might be owned and financed with Oligarch money and I don't mind all that Russian dosh being confiscated either for a more worthwhile cause ............  powering up our Great British Nation :yes:

Malc

Still in your Pj's Malc? 🤣. The 75k wasn't anything to do with football but merely a way of mentally grasping the sheer scale of the vandalism for those people who think an acre is the effect of being hit in the nether region 😭. And sequestration of Russian assets would be really welcomed by all the UK investors in Russia such as JCB. I don't think your application to the diplomatic service is progressing very well 😎

3 hours ago, Phil xxkr said:

I don't think your application to the diplomatic service is progressing very well

Got an interview next Monday ..  under the clock at Waterloo Station ..  they've promised to pay me with large brown envelopes too :wink3:

I've insisted no £50 notes tho'

I'm still musing as to how Putin can be the 9th richest guy in the world right now ..........  that's the status I read somewhere recently, might be wrong tho ...  he's very hardworking and clever and is justly deserving of all he gets methinks 

Malc

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Malc said:

Got an interview next Monday ..  under the clock at Waterloo Station ..  they've promised to pay me with large brown envelopes too :wink3:

I've insisted no £50 notes tho'

I'm still musing as to how Putin can be the 9th richest guy in the world right now ..........  that's the status I read somewhere recently, might be wrong tho ...  he's very hardworking and clever and is justly deserving of all he gets methinks 

Malc

How right you are tovarich 💂

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links