Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi New Member from MK- 3rd Lexus!

JC12

Hi All.. Just thought I would say hello. 

Im about to pick up a 2009 is220d SE-i - 70k Miles , FSH etc etc.. This will be my 3rd Lexus. Previously I had a 2007 is220d, I traded it in for a 2019 is300h as I was living in London at the time and was super economical. I could never get on the the CVT but it is what it is... 

Im a car enthusiast and usually go for cars which are slightly older, well maintained but still keep me busy. I dont like a car where there is nothing to do! 

Ive got a few plans, I couldnt find a is220d which fitted my criteria and budget so unfortunately mine does not have the touch screen or rev camera so probably will be my first project. not too fussed about the ML sound system so i think it will be a fairly straight forward job! 

pics to follow. Thanks! 

Hi Joel. Blimey you're getting another is220. You must really like them considering it'll be your 2nd one. I know exactly where you're coming from re the excellent is300h and it's CVT. Hated my 1st one but after a year in an auto I got another one and loved it. There are quite a few entertainment upgrades for your car since it doesn't have nav etc. There's quite a bit on here about that lol.

• Like 1

Haha.. yes.. i need something for a year or so to get me to the station and back (25 mile round trip) 2 ir 3 times a week. , and after sifting through the paperwork of this one and trying to find something wrong with it  which i couldn't, I decided to go for it. 

8 dealer stamps including gearbox, and diff oil at the last service! Who ever had it last really loved it lol. 

The dpf, 5th Injector and egr might get the full vix treatment but it's not broken (yet) so just going to leave it. My personal experience if the is220d is great if the above is seen to! 

Looked at 250 but poor economy and tax is more than i want to pay right now. 

I just love a diesel chugger and I'm all about value for money, which these are if you find a good one! 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Joel, nice to hear someone on their 2nd IS220. 

I bought mine in 2017, no problems with injectors, but during lockdown in 2020 I had to change the Battery, as it doesn't like not being used for weeks at a time. Last year it went into limp home mode,  AA patrolman hit the EGR valve with a copper hammer, removed the error code and sent me on my way. I cleaned the EGR a week later, ran perfectly since.

• 1 month later...

Hi Joel, good to hear you are enjoying your car.

I was having issues with white smoke and really poor fuel consumption so I bit the bullet and had work done on the dpf, egr and a remap.  It's like a different car.  Smooth acceleration, no lag, goes like a rocket and gets 10mpg more (that's 33%) on average.

It's the car I always hoped it would be.  136k miles and still going strong.

16 hours ago, Adyb said:

and gets 10mpg more (that's 33%) on average.

and on present prices of diesel that's about 58p a litre's worth:unsure:

Malc

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links