Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Independent Garage Recommendations - Crewe Area

Hi,

I would like to ask for recommendations regarding a good and trustworthy independent garage for my Lexus IS250 07. Any advice welcome!

I’ve tried searching on the forum but couldn’t find anything around this area. 

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

Taking a 15 year old car to a main dealer for service or indeed work cannot be economical! Especially at Lexus rates🙄

7 hours ago, Texas said:

Taking a 15 year old car to a main dealer for service or indeed work cannot be economical! Especially at Lexus rates🙄

Yeah exactly how I feel! I wouldn't mind traveling a bit up north near Manchester if there are any good garages other members recommend 

If your willing to travel to Manchester then for an extra 7ish miles look up Toyotech Oldham. Great reviews but they won't touch the gearbox, I've asked. I don't k ow if they have a courtesy car or not.

11 hours ago, Mr Vlad said:

If your willing to travel to Manchester then for an extra 7ish miles look up Toyotech Oldham. Great reviews but they won't touch the gearbox, I've asked. I don't k ow if they have a courtesy car or not.

Interesting that they don't touch Gearbox, I was hoping to get the gear box oil replaced as I bought the car not that long ago. Thanks anyways for the suggestion!

On 2/19/2022 at 9:49 AM, 350zeta said:

Hi,

I would like to ask for recommendations regarding a good and trustworthy independent garage for my Lexus IS250 07. Any advice welcome!

I’ve tried searching on the forum but couldn’t find anything around this area. 

Thank you

What would Lexus Charge to change the Gearbox oil ?

When I took my car to Stockport foe it's service I asked them to change the gearbox oil. They were adamant it couldn't be done. After some gentle arguing a service tech came out and said it could be done. However all the do is drop the sump and anywhere between 1 and 2 litres comes out. Sump back on and topped up. I was charged £180. Hope that helps John.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links