Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

The End of the CT.

Moleman

1 hour ago, Las Palmas said:

Your car is proofing that they last 10 years,

Ever had problems with the hybrid battery?

Only issue I have had is with the drivers side windscreen washer nozzle stopped working. That was replaced FOC by my local lexus dealer a few years ago.

Costs have been 2 sets of tyres in 80,000 miles, 1 set of brake pads and discs and the annual servicing / MoT

Other than that nothing to report. Everything works as it should.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, northernstar said:

Only issue I have had is with the drivers side windscreen washer nozzle stopped working. That was replaced FOC by my local lexus dealer a few years ago.

Costs have been 2 sets of tyres in 80,000 miles, 1 set of brake pads and discs and the annual servicing / MoT

Other than that nothing to report. Everything works as it should.

Says it all. Reliable excellent car 

• Like 2

Have had CT as second car for 4 years to LS600hL, really excellent little car.

Typically superb Lexus build quality, best solid interior in class, sporty ride a good contrast to floating LS, super refined and comfortable, large enough for 4 people and hatch boot really flexible, v cheap to run and so very reliable. Would love to buy a new replacement if Lexus build a mark 2, otherwise a UX will beckon at some point. 

• Like 6

Me and the missus have had the CT 2 years 7 months so far. Never looked back!

I'm not an SUV fan at all. Aim is to keep it min 7-10 years. If another hatchback is offered by Lexus or something similar in size to the IS saloon, then I may be tempted!!! 

We also are happy with the one we have and hope to be able to keep it till we can have a combustion engine car fuelled with hydrogen. If such a car has a range of 200 - 300 miles and there are filling stations enough this would be a fantastic thing.

Hydrogen i dangerous: yes. So is gasoline and most other fuels.

Long live the CT.

• Like 2

Could it be the end of Lexus?

I think I read John (royoftherovers) mention that Lexus service once was and now no longer as it was, or something like that. Maybe Toyota wants to make Toyota the brand for all. Maybe Lexus is no longer so perfect assembled and in details perfected as it once was. If that is right then there is no reason to have a very expensive Lexus. Especially not if a Toyota with same equipment and quality can be bought cheaper. We did not buy the CT because it is an expensive brand. But because the brand has a reputation for reliability, but I see that some of the newer cars are having problems of various kind, that are taken care of as long as they are brand new and warranty is full, but what will be the result if expensive problems start to appear after the first full warranty period. Will Lexus then repair free of charge? Or not?

Hope that the 2016 models were still made with the previous famous Lexus quality. So far, we have had no issues except for the unreasonable expensive service (compared to Toyota).

5 hours ago, Las Palmas said:

Could it be the end of Lexus?

I think I read John (royoftherovers) mention that Lexus service once was and now no longer as it was, or something like that. Maybe Toyota wants to make Toyota the brand for all. Maybe Lexus is no longer so perfect assembled and in details perfected as it once was. If that is right then there is no reason to have a very expensive Lexus. Especially not if a Toyota with same equipment and quality can be bought cheaper. We did not buy the CT because it is an expensive brand. But because the brand has a reputation for reliability, but I see that some of the newer cars are having problems of various kind, that are taken care of as long as they are brand new and warranty is full, but what will be the result if expensive problems start to appear after the first full warranty period. Will Lexus then repair free of charge? Or not?

Hope that the 2016 models were still made with the previous famous Lexus quality. So far, we have had no issues except for the unreasonable expensive service (compared to Toyota).

Hi Las, 

Could it be the end of Lexus??? Really they are just gong to stop the brand????? 

Lexus build quality seems to be the same for me if not better every time I bought another Lexus as I have had a 2000 IS200, 2008 IS220D and now a 2019 CT200h have had no major problems even with the IS220d that is so problematic was fine just an air condition pump was the biggest expense for that car. All 3 of them have been and are serviced by main dealer (Lexus Teesside) and the customer service from them has always been excellent and can never complain.   

I understand there will be a small percentage that may have faults or some quality issues but over all with the millions of cars they produce. 

Why complain about the service cost when you know Lexus is a premium brand over Toyota? If you can afford a Lexus you should be able to afford the running cost and servicing that's how I look at it IMO but each to there own.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, joelfigueira said:

Hi Las, 

Could it be the end of Lexus??? Really they are just gong to stop the brand????? 

Lexus build quality seems to be the same for me if not better every time I bought another Lexus as I have had a 2000 IS200, 2008 IS220D and now a 2019 CT200h have had no major problems even with the IS220d that is so problematic was fine just an air condition pump was the biggest expense for that car. All 3 of them have been and are serviced by main dealer (Lexus Teesside) and the customer service from them has always been excellent and can never complain.   

I understand there will be a small percentage that may have faults or some quality issues but over all with the millions of cars they produce. 

Why complain about the service cost when you know Lexus is a premium brand over Toyota? If you can afford a Lexus you should be able to afford the running cost and servicing that's how I look at it IMO but each to there own.  

Probably not in the short run. Lexus has a reputation and that has been built over a period. I have seen in forums here some mention faults in rather new (less than 3 years old) cars and do not think it has always been like that, as then Lexus would not have received the reputation the brand has gained. Just wondering if quality is going down compared to what it used to be. Can happen anywhere and maybe they are just getting slobby or have problems getting qualified people working for them.

Why service should be more expensive for Lexus than Toyota is not easy to understand when same oil is used in Prius as in the CT and other hybrids, why same wind-shield wiper shall cost 15€ more when sold to Lexus than Toyota (both names on the package), when many or most of the parts in a service are the same for both brands and when service is made in same place by same personnel.

Think it is OK to have people with Lexus cars pay more than people with Toyota cars for same work and same spare parts? I do not.

You in UK have a lot of different places to go get service, good for you. We too get service in authorized place (only one company here on the island with OEM parts) and when we had the MR2 Spyder serviced, same place, I can tell you service was not the least bit worse, as I remember personnel and service were better.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links