Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The Weather

Lexiguy

The Lexus is tucked up in the garage due to all the roads here in Fareham being heavily salted.  The Jag is a diesel, so takes about 3 days to warm up, but its electric front and back screen defrosters and electrically heated seats are superb.  Couldn’t put anything in its boot though because the rubber seal had frozen solid. Last week I had bought rubber protector/lube stuff (Nextzett Rubber Care Stick, 100ml, white) off amazon for the Lexus’ roof rubbers (a simple precaution).  A good dose is now on the jag boot rubber. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

my 20 year old Merc (non hybrid) was lousy and my GS (hybrid) is also lousy. The common denominator is ME

What sort of de-misting do you have to do to yourself, Roy? Sounds an interesting concept. Do you start with your glasses and move on to your eyes? You could try switching on the seat warmers, too—a warm rear end is a great help when it's that cold. 😀

• Haha 2

On 12/10/2022 at 1:28 PM, NemesisUK said:

My hybrid RC defrosted quickly and the petrol engine was up to temp within minutes. Not really had to test the RX but from a subzero start the morning the engine was up to temp within minutes, very similar to the RC.

On 12/10/2022 at 1:33 PM, royoftherovers said:

Glyn,my 20 year old Merc (non hybrid) was lousy and my GS (hybrid) is also lousy. The common denominator is ME  🤣

I think it may have been down to me. Today I rediscovered how to redirect the air to the windscreen and put it in recirculating mode the air in the car and it was much quicker. I did read the manual quite comprehensively 18 months ago when I first got the RX but obvious have forgotten most of it now but at over seven hundred pages this is a lot to remember on top of the further over three hundred pages for the infotainment and satellite navigation system. So much high tech and so many settings but I guess thats progress for you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...

My good friend and neighbour Darren drove my car for me this morning as I am currently unable to. We went out for about 90 minutes and that will have circulated all the fluids, exercised the brakes and all the joints a work out. 

Shame the weather was poor drizzling at best, raining heavy at worst!

20221230_103108.thumb.jpg.87d44ed3d07acbed3db27487c25a943a.jpg

Holme Moss in the pennines!

20221230_103047.thumb.jpg.1c8a50304632d2e9fd1d2a7c3e8b57ad.jpg

Looking down on Holmfirth!

Driving down home!

Hope you enjoy the pictures as I enjoyed to journey. He was well impressed by the SC but not surprising as he drives a Tesla and his toy is a MX5!

Anthony

• Like 2

Nice to have a good neighbour and friend Ant.👍

You're not alone Malc, the portrait filming caught me out too......at first.😊

Sussex is just a big flood plain at the moment. I took my SC out of hibernation and into the pouring rain for its MOT and service just before Christmas. A lowered SC is not the best vehicle for deep puddles and fords but it copes well enough in the rain. I have some winters for it but can't be bothered to swap them over. 161k miles and no advisories but it does need a little more minor cosmetic surgery so it's gone back to the garage for more paint. I really don't need it, I'm ashamed to say the SC has only done 5k miles in the last 2 years.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, b4u2 said:

I just took a nice drive out to the Lakes , got back now.

Scary driving through countryside at night, no street lights 

I find Lexus headlamps are pretty good at lighting the way ahead and narrow lanes are easier in the dark as you can see the  headlights of the oncoming vehicles when approaching bends. You do have to be careful of the odd stray sheep or pedestrian staggering home from the village pub.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, b4u2 said:

I just took a nice drive out to the Lakes , got back now.

Scary driving through countryside at night, no street lights 

I know what you mean, we suffer with no lights on local roads, that's why upgrading all my vehicle lighting was a priority!

Now not bad for a vehicle that is over 15 years old. Anthony

20221114_170827.thumb.jpg.ce8c8d3e842a5b9488b8660f6baa7222.jpg20221114_170902.thumb.jpg.00e68204f389a300b776cf6610c1c150.jpg

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Lexiguy said:

Hi Neil

Thanks, I hope you had a good Christmas, I wondered if it was you on the track putting X1OUT through its paces!

Screenshot_20230103_083607_Chrome.thumb.jpg.b92032630ab1d73e0f6c8f08fef08751.jpg

Thanks Ant, just getting some practice in for the Summer meet car park.🤣

On 1/3/2023 at 9:54 AM, Lexiguy said:

I know what you mean, we suffer with no lights on local roads, that's why upgrading all my vehicle lighting was a priority!

Now not bad for a vehicle that is over 15 years old. Anthony

20221114_170827.thumb.jpg.ce8c8d3e842a5b9488b8660f6baa7222.jpg20221114_170902.thumb.jpg.00e68204f389a300b776cf6610c1c150.jpg

Nice!  I look forward to chatting with you at the meet about lighting upgrades. 👍 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Perry Mahoney said:

Nice!  I look forward to chatting with you at the meet about lighting upgrades. 👍 

It's not an exact science, I had to choose wisely (more like trial and error or educated guesswork likmmm to choose the correct bulb and maximum LED light possible. I think they were all bought on eBay.

Then I removed the front bumper to get access to renew the foglight bulbs and remove the headlights. 

You could do with two people to remove the bumper one at each corner and something soft to set it down on.

While the bumper is off you could kill two birds with one stone and fit front parking sensors, I bought a set of flush ones which look very modern and easy to fit.

The only thing is modern bulbs are so good that they make the zenons look poor!

Have fun, Anthony 20211001_135505.thumb.jpg.ca62bca1c3a7f3127ec22876beddb1b7.jpg20211224_150309.thumb.jpg.0124553811f28875f889fe3f6c6b8039.jpg20211001_135451.thumb.jpg.2c8a23d974170f6f840513942d772df6.jpg 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly not had a dry day since before Christmas , rivers swollen and now snow and hail yesterday temperature above freezing guess what I did?  Correct I washed the lexus🤣

Proof.....

20230120_162910.jpg

20230120_163112.jpg

20230120_163131.jpg

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links