Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Profile not loading

Hello, does anyone else’s profile flash up during driving saying it can’t connect or can’t load?? It’s only during driving because my memory seat still works when I turn on the car and it’s still connected to apple car play and Bluetooth….I’m not majorly fussed as my memory seat still works but just annoying that it flashes up! 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Ken R said:

Car location feature on Lexus Link now totally useless it appears. It indicates my car up to 30 miles away from where it actually is!

Not sure whether you have seen the new "My Lexus" website which has a different look and a few more features. It says I reached a speed of 135MPH over the weekend and in the driving analytics I averaged 84 mph on the M5. It also shows me parked 2 miles from my home when the car is on the drive.

4 hours ago, Ken R said:

Car location feature on Lexus Link now totally useless it appears. It indicates my car up to 30 miles away from where it actually is!

As You know, Ken, mine has been playing up for a while but yesterday and today it has worked perfectly….. Very strange that mine is OK and yours is worse…🤔

• Confused 1

Just noticed after my delete reinstall, the Link app is now up to date, showing most recent journey etc. I will keep an eye on it to see if there are any changes over the next couple of days.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/27/2022 at 2:41 PM, John Adams said:

Not sure whether you have seen the new "My Lexus" website which has a different look and a few more features. It says I reached a speed of 135MPH over the weekend and in the driving analytics I averaged 84 mph on the M5. It also shows me parked 2 miles from my home when the car is on the drive.

I have just looked at the new site, a minor improvement IMO over the previous one but the analytics are interesting.

It says I drove at 112MPH today, which is interesting considering I have only done one journey today.  Looking at the journey history it is showing todays journey had a max speed of 112KPH (70MPH) which is correct for where I went, so it looks like the analytics is showing KPH whilst saying MPH.  The [ios] app had this a little while ago for the mileage where the car was reporting 9000 miles when it was actually 9000 KM (that was a shock until I worked it out 🙂 )

I guess someone has not updated the configuration on the website and I am sure they will update this soon.

I have given up on the profiles, I seemed to be getting the guest one more often than mine which is frustrating.  I think it is linked to the Bluetooth connection mentioned earlier.  Entering the car, the phone will often not connect and trying to force the connection by pressing the Connect button in the settings just refreshes and doesn't even try to connect.  Switching off and opening the door and re-starting does seem to get the connection to work however but not ideal.

I will try the waiting a short time before switching on the car to see if it is more reliable.  Maybe Lexus expect everyone to be slow and relaxed.

Having no profiles does (did) seem to be more stable with all of the settings retained, however today after stopping off at a shop I got back into the car and started up and it was like a reset had been carried out and all of my settings (and favourites) had gone.  Not the end of the world but difficult to remember all of the changes I had made.  I don't know if it was an OTA update or the car having a fault, I will have to see if that happens again (after setting everything back up again 😠)

• 3 weeks later...

There must have been an OTA in the last few weeks.

You can now link the keyfob to your account (and list multiple Bluetooth devices as "identity devices"). The profile gets recognised as soon as you start the car (warning screen) now.

Took me a while to realise because my profile stopped working altogether all of a sudden.

Has anyone had this issue fixed yet. I’ve been playing email ping pong with Lexus customer support and pretty much all they are asking me to do is remove car from app then reconnect. It fails every time!

My profile is there in the system I can see it, but whenever I leave the car then come back it always loads up “guest” profile and completely ignores mine. 
im headed to dealer in a couple of weeks for the recall jobs, so I guess I’ll register it as a fault and leave it to them.

They have just replied to my last email. Now telling me that I can link my profile with a key. Not sure what that has got to do with using my smartphone to link profile???

• 1 month later...
On 6/10/2022 at 2:54 PM, zanderblue said:

Has anyone had this issue fixed yet. I’ve been playing email ping pong with Lexus customer support and pretty much all they are asking me to do is remove car from app then reconnect. It fails every time!

My profile is there in the system I can see it, but whenever I leave the car then come back it always loads up “guest” profile and completely ignores mine. 
im headed to dealer in a couple of weeks for the recall jobs, so I guess I’ll register it as a fault and leave it to them.

They have just replied to my last email. Now telling me that I can link my profile with a key. Not sure what that has got to do with using my smartphone to link profile???

OK, so visited dealer to clear down the 2 recall notices couple of weeks ago. I asked them to check out spurious notification in the app about “door not shut properly”, they said nothing wrong with car, it’s my phone??? Notifications keep arriving!

Also had some tech support from one of the sales guys on my profile not loading, I’m afraid to say a complete failure. He did offer up, “it’s all new and we’re still learning”. Frankly, I think it’s pretty poor after sales support/service.

However, I did pick up a crib sheet from Lexus USA which I’ve tried and appears to have resolved the problem. I’ve attached below for anyone with a similar issue.

USER PROFILE NOT LOADING.pdf

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

We too are having huge issues with profiles.  What is a brilliant car mechanically is spoiled with so much key functionality tied up in a profile system that plain does not work and worse is described by a handbook set that could best be described as very poorly and incompletely written.

The big problems we have are

Second profile = no smart functions

Adding a second profile requires linking to a second Lexus Link account and as soon as we do that the prime account loses 'ownership' and all access to smart functions (eg remote preset of temperature, lock/unlock etc).  Unlink that second account and the second profile deletes itself from the car in seconds.  No second profile means second driver really can't enjoy the car.

Prime profile doesn't reliably load

If we both get in the car than it's a 50:50 chance whether it will load the prime driver profile or Guest (=no recall of preferences, locations etc).  Might be tolerable if the car offered the single key press select of correct profile (as page 59 of the multimedia handbook promises) but guess what, it doesn't.

There has to be a way.  On the equivalent USA forum, user Kusala says he has the profiles working but here in the UK none of the dealer, the Tech Helpline or the handbook knows how.

One tip the Tech Helpline gave us

If you get in the car and Guest comes up then there is a way round the 'everyone out of the car and try getting back in and hopefully it'll get the right profile and if not repeat the dance until it does' farce:

On the Lexus Link App if you swipe left from the picture of the car an option becomes available to 'Login on multimedia device'  That will identify the profile to the 'Connect User QR code' on the multimedia screen so saves having to remember and laboriously key in a password.

Also the Tech Helpline has a document called 'HOW TO ACTIVATE CONNECTED SERVICES
LEXUS LINK APP'  which does talk through the details steps to properly link a single account to Smart services.  It's 8Meg so can't upload it here.

Now off to try more experiments . . . .

1 hour ago, Stevek13 said:

One tip the Tech Helpline gave us

If you get in the car and Guest comes up then there is a way round the 'everyone out of the car and try getting back in and hopefully it'll get the right profile and if not repeat the dance until it does' farce:

On the Lexus Link App if you swipe left from the picture of the car an option becomes available to 'Login on multimedia device'  That will identify the profile to the 'Connect User QR code' on the multimedia screen so saves having to remember and laboriously key in a password.

Also the Tech Helpline has a document called 'HOW TO ACTIVATE CONNECTED SERVICES
LEXUS LINK APP'  which does talk through the details steps to properly link a single account to Smart services.  It's 8Meg so can't upload it here.

Now off to try more experiments . . . .

Connect using QR code never works for me unfortunately

• Sad 1

Actually it often has connected but it tells you it hasn't.  That 'App Set Up completed' button needs to be pressed whether or not you have completed set up on the App.  Otherwise the App tends to tell you it's failed to identify the car.

I wish whoever wrote the software well when they start junior school in September 😉 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Stevek13 said:

We too are having huge issues with profiles.  What is a brilliant car mechanically is spoiled with so much key functionality tied up in a profile system that plain does not work and worse is described by a handbook set that could best be described as very poorly and incompletely written.

Adding a second profile requires linking to a second Lexus Link account and as soon as we do that the prime account loses 'ownership' and all access to smart functions (eg remote preset of temperature, lock/unlock etc).  Unlink that second account and the second profile deletes itself from the car in seconds.  No second profile means second driver really can't enjoy the car.

If we both get in the car than it's a 50:50 chance whether it will load the prime driver profile or Guest (=no recall of preferences, locations etc).  Might be tolerable if the car offered the single key press select of correct profile (as page 59 of the multimedia handbook promises) but guess what, it doesn't.

There has to be a way.  On the equivalent USA forum, user Kusala says he has the profiles working but here in the UK none of the dealer, the Tech Helpline or the handbook knows how.

I would be interested to know what happens if the passenger switches off their key before approaching the vehicle (Press and hold the lock button on the key fob and press the unlock button twice). Does this help the car 'see' the right profile? ie the person who is going to drive it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Stevek13 said:

Yes, I had this experience earlier this week as well.    I was primary profile, then added a profile for my wife.   We both got emails telling us that connected services entitlements had been transferred to another account (my wife never even tried to enabled the connected services).    Workaround was to deactivate the smart services and connected services in the app for my profile, the re-activate them.    Profiles now successfully added, both profiles load when we use our respective keys, but the presets for the seats, steering wheel etc don't initialise, so we have to adjust them manually.

• Like 1

On 7/24/2022 at 3:18 PM, Harrier Man said:

I would be interested to know what happens if the passenger switches off their key before approaching the vehicle (Press and hold the lock button on the key fob and press the unlock button twice). Does this help the car 'see' the right profile? ie the person who is going to drive it.

So far today it's been promising.  I keep screwing up the experiment by unlocking the car with 'my' (ie Guest) key but on pure test cases it worked every time. 👍 

6 minutes ago, Stevek13 said:

So far today it's been promising.  I keep screwing up the experiment by unlocking the car with 'my' (ie Guest) key but on pure test cases it worked every time. 👍 

That's encouraging. Hope it remains a useful work-around until Lexus sort the problem.

On 7/24/2022 at 3:18 PM, Harrier Man said:

Several days of experimenting while we've been travelling and that definitley works - THANKS

17 minutes ago, Stevek13 said:

Several days of experimenting while we've been travelling and that definitley works - THANKS

You're very welcome Steve, glad it helped and I hope it helps others too. Thank you for posting an update.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/24/2022 at 7:18 PM, Stumpyuk said:

Yes, I had this experience earlier this week as well.    I was primary profile, then added a profile for my wife.   We both got emails telling us that connected services entitlements had been transferred to another account (my wife never even tried to enabled the connected services).    Workaround was to deactivate the smart services and connected services in the app for my profile, the re-activate them.    Profiles now successfully added, both profiles load when we use our respective keys, but the presets for the seats, steering wheel etc don't initialise, so we have to adjust them manually.

Well after weeks of experimenting I can't get this to work.  

However just tried again after loading the latest software update and a very interesting screen came up.  When trying to restore my wife's profile and link her key to it it detected both our keys and asked if I wanted to link multiple keys to the profile - an option not offered before.

If this works as per the message then we can have both of us drive the car just using the seat setting to adjust. 

• 5 weeks later...

I'm having issues with the driving position memory. My profile is linked to my key and phone so loads immediately, but the seat and steering wheel doesn't move, and if I press one of the memory buttons the steering wheel moves into position but I still have to whack my seat forward a bit...

Strangely enough, this seems to happen when I haven't used it for while, but works fine during active use with short stops like popping into the shops for 10 mins. 

Annoying for sure...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links