Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

LC500 V8s back to mid £40k by end of year?

Flytvr

5 hours ago, 96spec said:

Just watched that :-). lol fills it up with it running - obviously way too excited. Actually had something similar on a Hybrid XC90 T8 last year - parked it up in town and went to lunch - came back to the engine running 😁 just hadnt turned the thing off - a bit scary.

His point on the volume is saved for each input is the same for the sound settings bass/mid/treble

Never really thought a lot about the F type - partly due to JLR brand but also the design looks awkward. My wife had a crossfire years ago which Clarkson mocked that car and the F Type fundamental design looks not disimilar! Actually that crossfire was a reasonable car - mostly SLK underneath - remember crawling underneath to look at rattle and AMG exhaust on it 🙂 - bought an SC after that car.

Ha - I thought the Crossfire coupe was quite a good looking car till Clarkson said it looked like a dog squatting to go to the toilet.  Once I had that image in my mind I could never unsee it whenever I saw a Crossfire.  I don’t think the convertible suffered from the same image problem 🙂

• Like 1

On 5/30/2023 at 7:16 PM, Arth_Vader said:

Me too - although I’m mostly just trawling through the forums looking for reliability and expensive issues as you can get the driving reviews from YouTube. (I discovered a few nasty  Achilles heels for RS4s so made  sure I got a solid warranty.)

IMO this is different.  The posts are not asking about the ownership experience and are all on this depreciation topic, sometimes asserting poor quality interiors, poor bodywork  bad mpg, and generally talking prices down and seemingly seizing on every perceived wobble in prices at an independent, and saying the dealers should be following suit.

Free country and all but just seems a bit disingenuous….

So right on que.. Lexus Chester listing a 29k mile Red sport for just under 50K. Think this is now the first sub 50k LC500 from a Lexus Dealer, so please do say who has got their view of the market most accurate?

My top three guesses are Mystic Meg or Philip Schofield or Lexus Chester. I think Chester win 'cos they threw me the keys to a white LC and told me to go play with it. It didn't disappoint.

The F type confuses me. Looks good, great engines, sounds awesome, much more of a sportscar but I can't help feeling it's out of it's depth on used prices. 50 grand plus for a decent V8 seems expensive.

2 hours ago, eightk said:

My top three guesses are Mystic Meg or Philip Schofield or Lexus Chester. I think Chester win 'cos they threw me the keys to a white LC and told me to go play with it. It didn't disappoint.

The F type confuses me. Looks good, great engines, sounds awesome, much more of a sportscar but I can't help feeling it's out of it's depth on used prices. 50 grand plus for a decent V8 seems expensive.

I mean I guess that counts as accepting I had a clearer view of where the market was going than you did. Good news for me because I think a decent example should be sat around 45k

17 minutes ago, BrettMRC said:

I bet your fun at parties 🤪😛

Not really 😛 but on the plus side I don't question why other people are at the party or indeed rubbish other peoples views of the party so boring but polite 😛

I'm genuinely curious at the spread of cars vs the asking price, you have Lexus dealers who are almost £10k (20% in cash terms) apart for basically the same car with the higher mileage examples often being the more expensive. It's not something I've seen in other markets, prices are often pinned to spec/mileage/condition. The Lexus warranty nullifies condition in this case and unless there's serious body work issues (unlikely on this kind of car and hugely unlikely at main dealers) then I'm genuinely at a loss as to why there's such a spread. Cars with this low availability and price tag you expect buyers to be at the national level, surely nobody just passes a forecourt and picks one up without seeing what other examples exist? Are dealers just happy to keep cars on the books on the off chance someone buys them vs take the hit of marking them down? They surely have enough margin on every used car to cover themselves?

Anyone have some thoughts?

13 hours ago, DtoTheM said:

I mean I guess that counts as accepting I had a clearer view of where the market was going than you did. Good news for me because I think a decent example should be sat around 45k

The Chester car is decent miles, good spec, right colours - same as mine so definitely the right colour combo 😂, ML, HUD, pre-18 louder exhaust, 50k sticker, you’d get that for close to 45k I’m sure. Put an offer in and see how you get on.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DtoTheM said:

How many phone calls are they getting right now? Heh

Screenshot_20230602-143400.jpg

Cheap enough for you? I'd offer them nine and a half, no part ex, no finance. They might take it.

On 5/31/2023 at 3:52 PM, Arth_Vader said:

Indeed - the M850i. Whenever the two cars are reviewed side by side or whenever reviewers like throttlehouse review the LC after they’ve reviewed the m850i the LC gets the nod.  Sometimes it’s close sometimes it’s by clear margin.

As for the rear seats, they are not for show.   I do agree the carguys video was rather over the top in its practicality assessment but I took my family to France in the LC for the weekend, and with some adjustments in the front the wife and toddler both went in the  back.  This isn’t possible in the convertible.   The front seats go up and forward, I’m 5’10 and heavy build but I can drive for long distances with someone behind me.

Thank you for your comment about needing professional help, but I think my assessment was spot on.   I didn’t say he’d be able to affect values much, but it’s been getting rather annoying to see him try so hard on an owner forum, and to celebrate every illusory chink in the LCs ability to hold its value.  Disingenuous is a pretty accurate one word summation.

Ditto - done lots of road trips with 2 kids in the back. And I’m 6 foot and still manage to get a NL 8 year old comfy… ish. Kids are fine back there. Probably a challenge for teenagers though! 

• Like 1

On 6/1/2023 at 11:10 PM, DtoTheM said:

Anyone have some thoughts?

Back in 2010 dealer demo ISFs were 40-50k, depending on dealer, for what was effectively the same car. There was time when there were 6 red ones and about a dozen others for sale and there seemed no logic to main dealer prices. Also, individual dealers would bounce the price of a car up and down by up to 4k for no apparent reason. I just bided my time and travelled to Wolverhampton to take advantage of the odd market conditions.

Anyone know a Lexus salesman who could explain? 

2 hours ago, MNMJ said:

Back in 2010 dealer demo ISFs were 40-50k, depending on dealer, for what was effectively the same car. There was time when there were 6 red ones and about a dozen others for sale and there seemed no logic to main dealer prices. Also, individual dealers would bounce the price of a car up and down by up to 4k for no apparent reason. I just bided my time and travelled to Wolverhampton to take advantage of the odd market conditions.

Anyone know a Lexus salesman who could explain? 

I see the 56/57 white sport plus in hedge end has gone, but why not look at the 47 white sport plus in Somerset? Just weird!

18 hours ago, DtoTheM said:

I see the 56/57 white sport plus in hedge end has gone, but why not look at the 47 white sport plus in Somerset? Just weird!

Hedge End get a lot (relatively speaking) of LCs through their doors, they may have a waiting list for a certain spec. There you go - buy the Somerset car and save ten-plus grand.

2 hours ago, eightk said:

Hedge End get a lot (relatively speaking) of LCs through their doors, they may have a waiting list for a certain spec. There you go - buy the Somerset car and save ten-plus grand.

Not the car I'm after sadly. But I do find the LC market very odd, maybe people are tied to a particular local dealer and they get signed up before doing any research. I wonder as well how many are done as PXs with an existing dealership car and basically the sticker price becomes almost irrelevant. There was one I was looking at a few months ago but before I could see it it got sold "to a long term customer who traded in their RC F" 

The right car will be along at some point, just a waiting game like always!

On 6/4/2023 at 6:11 PM, DtoTheM said:

maybe people are tied to a particular local dealer

...and if that dealer has a odd outlook, then you might be stuck.

Many moons ago a salesman at Lexus Chester told me they would not get a blue or red F car in as a demo because no one wants them; it was only white / silver / gey / black that people bought.

Red and Blue were the only colours I would consider, so I went elsewhere

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MNMJ said:

...and if that dealer has a odd outlook, then you might be stuck.

Many moons ago a salesman at Lexus Chester told me they would not get a blue or red F car in as a demo because no one wants them; it was only white / silver / gey / black that people bought.

Red and Blue were the only colours I would consider, so I went elsewhere

Colours are weird, the reds and yellows (haven't seen a blue for sale I think it's a newer colour so not down at my level) are the best, likewise interiors I really like the tan. On the second hand market the more interesting trims often are more sought after yet first time buyers always play it safe and boring.

Aso who buys the LC without the HUD?!! I can take or leave the sound but the HUD feels like a must.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, DtoTheM said:

Colours are weird, the reds and yellows (haven't seen a blue for sale I think it's a newer colour so not down at my level) are the best, likewise interiors I really like the tan. On the second hand market the more interesting trims often are more sought after yet first time buyers always play it safe and boring.

Aso who buys the LC without the HUD?!! I can take or leave the sound but the HUD feels like a must.

Oh yeah Maverick - HUD absolutely a must if you like to pretend you’re a F16 fighter pilot

Think I’ve used mine about 4 times in 2 years, if that.

It’s getting to be a long list. No more than 45k, must have HUD, buyer WLTM perfect seat bolster… 

Oh, and for the first time in as long as I’ve been interested in them the two cheapest LC on autotrader are V8s not hybrids.

37 minutes ago, eightk said:

It’s getting to be a long list. No more than 45k, must have HUD, buyer WLTM perfect seat bolster… 

Oh, and for the first time in as long as I’ve been interested in them the two cheapest LC on autotrader are V8s not hybrids.

Rear spoiler too - and no boring colours please  - damn those pesky first time buyers (many on this forum) who stumped up to buy the new cars -  why are they not thinking about the poor perfectionist bargain hunters who are currently trapped in old Nissans with gigantic tasteful boy racer rear wings?

Just selfish.

This has to be the least welcoming car community I've ever joined, is this what Lexus ownership is like is it? You could just not read this thread if I'm that much of a pain.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, DtoTheM said:

This has to be the least welcoming car community I've ever joined, is this what Lexus ownership is like is it? You could just not read this thread if I'm that much of a pain.

I think we are still generally on the 'good' side when it comes to forums 🙂  

Also, personally, I find the HUD in my current car invaluable and would consider it a requirement if I was looking for an LC (should I ever be in such a fortunate position!).

• Like 2

Yeah I have my HUD on all the time now.

That Lexus Chester one looks like a nice opportunity for someone to get into a Lexus LC via a Lexus dealer.

I’ve had HUD in my last twocars, tried it for 5 mins, rather underwhelming and turned it off! Certainly wouldn’t consider it essential and would take the upgraded audio any day. 

Even the base spec non sport plus is quite nice, wheels on the plus are better but personally not bothered about the rear spoiler and alcantara, if anything the full leather and glass roof seems more appealing on the base, just an opinion before someone comes with internet shotgun fully loaded!!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links