Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rattle noise new NX

I have a squeaky/creaky noise from the back of the car that I am almost certain is the rear parcel shelf flexing as the car moves.  Short of removing the parcel shelf, I'm not sure what I can do about it?

• 1 month later...
On 2/7/2023 at 2:06 PM, Simon F said:

I have a squeaky/creaky noise from the back of the car that I am almost certain is the rear parcel shelf flexing as the car moves.  Short of removing the parcel shelf, I'm not sure what I can do about it?

Which model?

Have you taken out the parcel shelf to see if the creaking goes on your NX 350h??

Simon, if you haven't fixed this yet, let me know, I can probably resolve it for you!

Steve

On 5/21/2022 at 10:33 PM, No Comment said:

Accept it. Brand new or 10 years old...doesnt matter. The noise will always be there eventually. I learnt this after several years of fights with unwanted noises. 

Disagree with this. I'm with you when it comes to trying to get rid of unwanted noises....they drive me up the wall too! but certainly not from a brand new or newish vehicle. Should go back to the dealer. 

Once a vehicle gets to around 6-8 years old then some minor rattles are to be expected. However for what you pay for  a Lexus of that age, these should be (and usually are) at a minimum. 

• Like 2

On 1/3/2023 at 11:17 PM, Addh said:

I had an annoying rattle from somewhere around the passenger side pillar until I realised that the front seat belt buckle doesn't always lie flat against the pillar and is slightly twisted after the passenger has taken it off.

It's exactly the same thing with the UX! As the B-pillar is mostly plastic, if the seatbelt buckle isn't lying parallel/flat to the pillar/passenger seat, it can cause rattling if you find it slightly 'out of position'.

I discovered that reasonably quickly as I drove to work one Monday morning wondering for the entire nine mile drive where the rattle was coming from - then I discovered the belt buckle (I had a passenger in the car the previous day) was twisted and was vibrating against the B-pillar on anything other than the smoothest of surfaces. A quick re-adjustment and all was silent again!

16 hours ago, superatticman said:

Disagree with this. I'm with you when it comes to trying to get rid of unwanted noises....they drive me up the wall too! but certainly not from a brand new or newish vehicle. Should go back to the dealer. 

Once a vehicle gets to around 6-8 years old then some minor rattles are to be expected. However for what you pay for  a Lexus of that age, these should be (and usually are) at a minimum. 

Agreed. I think it's only reasonable to expect no squeaks or rattles for at least a year. Possibly two. It all depends on mileage covered and how the car is treated, regardless of brand in my opinion. I don't think I've ever had a car which has remained completely rattle or buzz free after the two/three year mark. There's always been some sort of very minor 'foible' to be heard somewhere after that time. As someone who doesn't often listen to the radio in the car (barring long journeys), I pick up on pretty much anything.

For instance, I've detected a very minor 'buzz' located behind the passenger side of my dashboard when the engine is at a certain rev-range. I can actually manipulate it by dropping the revs or rising them below that 'fixed point' and the buzz disappears. It's been doing this for at least the last six months but it's so minor that few fellow passengers have picked up on it even when I've pointed it out! I've never bothered taking it back to the dealer because I suspect it would involve a 'dashboard out' job, so I've lived with it. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Gary H said:

I don't think I've ever had a car which has remained completely rattle or buzz free after the two/three year mark. There's always been some sort of very minor 'foible' to be heard somewhere after that time. As someone who doesn't often listen to the radio in the car (barring long journeys), I pick up on pretty much anything.

Lexus GS250, completely rattle free 3 years, 35000 miles down the line

The same with a BMW 7 series, 5 and a half years 120.000 miles.

Lexus CT had rattles from day 1.

The RX had rattles that massively improved after the plate was fixed a bit better.

I get the occasional very annoying rattle, probably from the buckle.

One evening I had some loud noise coming from the back of the car, but the next day it disappeared.

No rattles in my 8yr old NX300h 

did get a bit of a squeak last year - it turned out to the side of drivers seat against center arm rest (storage box), but fixed that 

• Like 1

I had a rattle last week. Trying to find where it was coming from was annoying. However I eventually traced and cured it. It was my glasses I had in the in the overhead glasses box. Sometimes its the smallest things.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links