Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rattle noise new NX

I collected the new NX. However, there is an occasional noise from the cabin rear / tailgate (not sure the exact area) while on bumpy road. The noise something like plastic stuff crashing each other, not too loud but I can hear it as the cabin is quiet after window closed.   

anyone else have experience on this from new NX? 

25 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

Nothing in the load under-floor area?

I removed the things from the whole boot area. Even the tools so it’s all empty but the noise is still there 

1 hour ago, Lukeluk said:

I collected the new NX. However, there is an occasional noise from the cabin rear / tailgate (not sure the exact area) while on bumpy road. The noise something like plastic stuff crashing each other, not too loud but I can hear it as the cabin is quiet after window closed.   

I had a door rattle in my NX 350h Takumi. Dealer heard same noise and thought it was something loose in the door too. It turned out to be a loose bracket on the Panoramic roof which they packed with felt and re-torqued.

Moral of the tale….. take it back to the dealer and get them to confirm they can hear it. Then let them investigate and fix it. Mine was sorted in one half-day visit and they loaned me a car for the day.

• Like 3

Do you have a boot tray? - I found mine was rubbing against the hatch door.

Check to see if its your rear number plate vibrating. It was on my NX.  Got lexus to add  some extra sticky pads. Issue solved.

• Like 1

The number plate seems to be a big one. Happened on nearly all of my RXs and fixed with felt pads behind the plate

• Like 2

I checked everything mentioned still there the issue. 
booked for diagnostic in dealership this week. 

• Like 1

On 5/17/2022 at 10:20 PM, Lukeluk said:

Accept it. Brand new or 10 years old...doesnt matter. The noise will always be there eventually. I learnt this after several years of fights with unwanted noises. 

10 hours ago, No Comment said:

Accept it. Brand new or 10 years old...doesnt matter. The noise will always be there eventually. I learnt this after several years of fights with unwanted noises. 

Why should you accept it? I have had a number of new Lexus cars overs the years and most have had no hint of a noise or rattle but on a couple (including my new NX) there is a rattle at the back on a bumpy road. The dealer will sort it out. That's what they are there for. Do not accept any rattle/noise from a new car.

• Like 6