Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Windscreen Cleaning

To get back on topic how do people remove those horrible smears from the inside which only rear their ugly heads when the sun is low in the mornings and evenings?

6 hours ago, Ala Larj said:

To get back on topic how do people remove those horrible smears from the inside which only rear their ugly heads when the sun is low in the mornings and evenings?

Meg's glass cleaner and a microfiber towel followed by a polish with dry paper towel. It can take a couple of goes with the cleaner but once it doesn't leave beads you know it's removed all the grease film. Then a good rub down with kitchen roll and job's a good 'un 

• Like 1

Never been completely happy with microfibre cloths for applying or removing glass cleaning products.  Prefer good old-fashioned cotton ones because they seem to spread and absorb liquids better, with less smudging.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NemesisUK said:

I suppose the cloths I use might be better described as moleskin texture rather than thick microfiber.

I think I know the type you mean, chamois-like, and made in thin and less thin versions, the latter quite absorbent.  I’m sorry if I sound like a dispenser of housekeeping tips in a lady’s magazine but while I agree that the thin version is good for wiping off liquids and foams, I find that it can develop a mildewy smell unless scrupulously washed and dried after every use.  Also, preservation slightly damp in a plastic envelope is undesirable for much the same reason.  Or so has been my experience even with supposedly premium branded ones.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links