Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus SC 430 club gathering and meet.

14 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Ant, I used to advise new Members with SC 430`s to join Lexus World where they would be able to meet and converse with many SC Members inc Bob, Graham and Neil. I was a Member there too.I cannot do that now with its demise but of course they are always welcome here. A Lexus is always a Lexus.

Cannot you take on the Role of introducing an SC Register,by inviting SC Owners to get in touch with you and then you can assume the Role of Centre of the SC Universe ?

By doing so you will also keep us L.O.C Members informed of developments n the Lexus World.

Good luck.

I coming up for 19 years a member with the LOC, joined with my Lexus is200….seems a long time ago now 😎

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Bob King said:

I coming up for 19 years a member with the LOC, joined with my Lexus is200….seems a long time ago now 😎

And I joined n `13 with my GS450h which has only accumulated 65,000 trouble free miles.

And if I remember correctly,Graham was recovering from a serious illness and wondering whether to sell his (then) LS. And Tony Richa was telling everyone how he had accumulated over 200,000 trouble free miles in his GS 450h.

Interestingly my old Merc Estate is now 19 years old and has accumulated 256,000miles and is shortly to add a further 4000 miles.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Bob King said:

If I see you ask for help ..I’ll not be far away 😉

Thanks Bob, you’ve helped me out a lot since I got my car 👍👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Russ59 said:

Thanks Bob, you’ve helped me out a lot since I got my car 👍👍

I’ll only offer advise if it’s a job I’ve done before…..you’ve just been lucky so far 😉😉

• Like 2

4 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

Cannot you take on the Role of introducing an SC Register,by inviting SC Owners to get in touch with you and then you can assume the Role of Centre of the SC Universe ?

Hi John

I too mourn the loss of LexusWorld, I enjoyed the friendships, banter and information that were always present daily.  As LexusWorld is now gone we need to consider ways of developing the SC Club within the Lexus Owners Club to make it more enjoyable.

I do not want, as you say, to make myself 'Centre of the Universe' but the good clubs I have been fortunate enough to be part of were good because the members were a team. I do not make suggestions because I want, or don't want, to carry it out, I suggest it to spark discossionust for the membership to discuss and decide if it is right and beneficial.

Rant over 😀

Ant

25 minutes ago, Lexiguy said:

Hi John

I too mourn the loss of LexusWorld, I enjoyed the friendships, banter and information that were always present daily.  As LexusWorld is now gone we need to consider ways of developing the SC Club within the Lexus Owners Club to make it more enjoyable.

I do not want, as you say, to make myself 'Centre of the Universe' but the good clubs I have been fortunate enough to be part of were good because the members were a team. I do not make suggestions because I want, or don't want, to carry it out, I suggest it to spark discossionust for the membership to discuss and decide if it is right and beneficial.

Rant over 😀

Ant

Sorry Ant,but I clearly failed to make my point.

Lead and others will follow. Hide not your light under a Bushell.

Successful Teams respect their fellow Members for their contribution. 

Of course contributions will appear and be submitted to the Keeper of the Register whoever that is.

It doesn`t have to be you or anyone in particular, but you have been the sole contributor to the SC Cause. So, unless others step forward your initiative is perhaps best served by you initially.

Nobody asked me to produce and maintain a list of garages which have been recommended by fellow Members, it just struck me as being wholly worthwhile, so I did it and occasionally others suggest additions to me.

In my view the existence of a Register of SC/Soarer vehicles is an excellent idea which will certainly assimilate interests  and provide a  welcome boost to the L.O.C. There is no need to ask for the views of others.The absence of a Register will lead to a loss of important information re the ownership of U.K. owned vehicles.

All just my personal view.

• Like 2

I too found the LexusWorld site really useful. Being new to the SC it was really informative and I learned a lot.  I particularly liked where members recorded all their mods and history of their car under their own thread.  it was fascinating reading. It’s a shame those and all the technical stuff can’t be viewed still some how.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Glyn Jennings said:

I too found the LexusWorld site really useful. Being new to the SC it was really informative and I learned a lot.  I particularly liked where members recorded all their mods and history of their car under their own thread.  it was fascinating reading. It’s a shame those and all the technical stuff can’t be viewed still some how.

Yes I’ll shall miss my restore threads on the silver and then blue SC430, was nice to look back over the work I had done .

Sadly between the site maintenance guy and the owner it self imploded ..so all lost forever !

Most of us are scattered between here and the FaceBook SC430 group. I agree with Russell about  FB groups in general, its difficult if not impossible to find old post that may of had information on a repair .

Solution..screen shot anything that’s important 👍🏻

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Bob King said:

Most of us are scattered between here and the FaceBook SC430 group. I agree with Russell about  FB groups in general, its difficult if not impossible to find old post that may of had information on a repair .

Solution..screen shot anything that’s important 👍🏻

I very often save photo’s which I think may be useful sometime in the future.

And if I remember, put the whole post in my “Saved” on Facebook.

• Like 3

Hi Russ

It was good to see you and your better half on Sunday.

You could share those interesting and saved photos or articles on here. I am sure many like me would enjoy them.

Ant

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Glyn Jennings said:

Don't forget that LOC does have a build thread section to record your progress. I put a mini version of mine in there. We asked politely a few years ago and admin provided. It's a shame it isn't used a bit more, there are some very interesting builds in there, not least the high power big single turbo IS300.😎

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Neil E said:

Don't forget that LOC does have a build thread section to record your progress. I put a mini version of mine in there. We asked politely a few years ago and admin provided. It's a shame it isn't used a bit more, there are some very interesting builds in there, not least the high power big single turbo IS300.😎

I hadn’t realised there is a build thread section so thanks Neil for the pointer. Seem like yours is the only SC there though.  Perhaps others will use this section as well. I will start my own I just wish I had saved my own bits from LW which was “My Blue SC” from memory. Thankfully it wasn’t years of contributions. Perhaps we could make this our main site for contributing to the SC community to keep up to date with each other from now on.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, lawler999 said:

There you go .

If anybody wants any removed for any reason please feel free to ask .

Hope it captured the day a little for those who could not make it .

Yes please Paul, if you could air-brush out the damage to the front bumper and 4 stones off the owner, that would be great.👍

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Lexiguy said:

Hi Russ

It was good to see you and your better half on Sunday.

You could share those interesting and saved photos or articles on here. I am sure many like me would enjoy them.

Ant

Hi Ant

I save photos of tips other people put on in case I might need them in the future.

Of course if I come up with any tips I’ll post pics on here.

I always think I’m the better half 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Neil E said:

Yes please Paul, if you could air-brush out the damage to the front bumper and 4 stones off the owner, that would be great.👍

I can maybe photo shop some repair work to the bumper , but as for the other request,  I ain't that good mate .

• Haha 3

20 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

And I joined n `13 with my GS450h which has only accumulated 65,000 trouble free miles.

And if I remember correctly,Graham was recovering from a serious illness and wondering whether to sell his (then) LS. And Tony Richa was telling everyone how he had accumulated over 200,000 trouble free miles in his GS 450h.

Interestingly my old Merc Estate is now 19 years old and has accumulated 256,000miles and is shortly to add a further 4000 miles.

God youve a good memory, 😂 yes i had not long bought my LS600hL when i got ill, and was in that delemer  of selling it or storing it, ..with many suggestions i lend it to members so they could keep the fluids fresh and wheels turning 😆 oh and increase the mileage whilst i recover..decided to store it for the duration, 2005 i believe i originally joined here with a LS400, although my first ever ownership of a  lexus was 2002 and have had a lexus or 2 always in my ownership and on drive ever since then….

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Neil E said:

😲 Only 4 stone …id say double it 😆

• Haha 1

Great Drone work!

So wish I could have gone, looks like a great meet. Engine management light (knock Sensor) then wife caught covid then to add insult to injury I got covid on Sunday😢

Fingers crossed For next year

Andy

• Like 1

Hi Andy

Will is a great guy and we are so fortunate that he is a great at YouTube too!

We were sorry not to see you but next year will be even better!

Ant

• Like 1

On 7/14/2022 at 9:23 PM, Lexiguy said:

Have you guys seen the YouTube drone clip of the Lexus Meet?

Enjoy!!!

I just checked out the video and recognised a couple of the cars there. Sorry I couldn't make it I was travelling home from SW France that day. To be honest, it would have been a difficult journey as my car only travels south. Hi to all ex members of the Lexus-world forum, I really miss the humour.

• Like 2

Hi Al

Good to hear from you, shame you couldn't attend this year but hopefully you will be tempted next year!

Yes the good old days of banter on LexusWorld was fun but feel free to replicate it on here mate!

Anthony 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links