Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

UXe verses RZ

If you compare the above the RZ has 50% more range than the UX .

However only Tesla have readily available Chargers.

So how available are the Charges for Lexus/Toyota  EVs in the UK such that you can guarantee your journey, model range dependant, has 45minutes/ 70% boost

stops.?

Assume you cannot book Charging Slots so any non Tesla E -journey is stress inducing !

Please convince me I am wrong.

Tel

2 hours ago, Tel said:

If you compare the above the RZ has 50% more range than the UX .

So how available are the Charges for Lexus/Toyota  EVs in the UK such that you can guarantee your journey, model range dependant, has 45minutes/ 70% boost

stops.?

Assume you cannot book Charging Slots so any non Tesla E -journey is stress inducing !

Please convince me I am wrong.

Tel

Where did you get 50% extra range on the RZ from? Its about 25% assuming the RZ will have around 250 miles.

Some tesla supercharger stations are open to any vehicle so it depends on where you're going. I would say most motorway charging stations are fine but you do have to wait sometimes as they don't have enough. The best way to do it is to find a random charger somewhere, like a hospital for example.

• Like 1

Just now, rayaans said:

Where did you get 50% extra range on the RZ from? Its about 25% assuming the RZ will have around 250 miles.

Some tesla supercharger stations are open to any vehicle so it depends on where you're going. I would say most motorway charging stations are fine but you do have to wait sometimes as they don't have enough. The best way to do it is to find a random charger somewhere, like a hospital for example.

Best random chargers are Lexus dealerships. Go there, plug it on the fast charger, get in the dealership to ask some information about LC500, drink some coffee, then half an hour later say "Thanks, i will have a think and may drop by again next time to discuss a test drive" or something like that

Job done!

• Haha 2

Thank you both.

The top RZ rear traction unit has a far more powerful unit than the Toyota & is said to have a higher range as well, bringing it closer to a Tesla in all aspects of performance.

The opportunity to use T-Charges is great news----assume the App indicates what Charges are available as you journey & the Lexus Charge Lead is now universal as I believed it was not when the UXe was first launched.

Can the Home Charger feed be really long as my Consumer Unit is not close to my garage.?

Tel

10 hours ago, Tel said:

Plenty of good charging options around, such as Ionity, and Tesla superchargers are being opened up for other vehicles. Luckily they aren't continuing with the obsolete CHAdeMO charge port on the RZ so you also have more options than UX owners.

• Like 1

On 6/21/2022 at 10:17 AM, rayaans said:

Some tesla supercharger stations are open to any vehicle so it depends on where you're going.

The UXe has out dated CHADEMO port, wouldn't work at a Tesla charger, and increasingly even other suppliers like Gridserve and Osprey aren't supporting CHADEMO.

The RZ isn't a great EV, but its much better than the UXe.

• Like 2

If the RZ & its Toyota equivalent can use Tesla Chargers they will rapidly become over subscribed.

ICE vehicles over 10 years are still  cost beneficial assuming the Putin Issue ends in the near future & Global Energy Issues normalise.

5 years on Batteries & Chargers will dramatically change for the better.

My last Company cars were Lexus & a Transcontinental Tesla would be my weapon of choice today as I would not have to be concerned about Build issues etcetera.

A Pensioner has to be well off, brave & patient to be an Eco Worrier that appears attractive but is still currently flawed.

Tel

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tel said:

If the RZ & its Toyota equivalent can use Tesla Chargers they will rapidly become over subscribed.

The amount of Lexus and Toyota BEVs will be a drop in the ocean compared to the amount of vehicles Tesla sell in the UK however the point is valid when you consider all other BEVs as well. I believe the purpose is to fund additional chargers so the situation shouldn't get worse and I imagine that Tesla will alter pricing to control demand - it is already cheaper for Tesla owners to use them compared to non-Tesla owners and there are plenty of alternatives being brought online all the time now.

6 hours ago, Tel said:

EV charging costs are going up, its 50p/kWh at most Tesla chargers, so £40 for a refill, not petrol expensive but I suspect in the long run not far off.

The benefit of EVs is you aren't held to ransom by Tesla (or any other charging network). 

Cheap off peak electricity, solar PV, even just standard electricity rates at home is far cheaper. So unless you enjoy paying £££ for fuel most EV owners only use DC rapid charging on long trips or as a last resort.

• Like 2

On 6/28/2022 at 3:35 PM, ganzoom said:

EV charging costs are going up, its 50p/kWh at most Tesla chargers, so £40 for a refill, not petrol expensive but I suspect in the long run not far off.

The benefit of EVs is you aren't held to ransom by Tesla (or any other charging network). 

Cheap off peak electricity, solar PV, even just standard electricity rates at home is far cheaper. So unless you enjoy paying £££ for fuel most EV owners only use DC rapid charging on long trips or as a last resort.

I'm still on a fixed rate Octopus Go tariff paying 5p/kw at night so fill up for 1.5p/m compared with what would be about 21p/m for my old petrol NX. A 200 miles journey to visit family costs me about £3.

I've not had to charge out in the wild much. When I have its mainly been on 7kw posts while staying away from home. Those have been hit and miss but it depends a lot on the network. They were BP Pulse, who have a fairly appalling reputation for reliablity. It's almost like BP want people to keep on buying petrol.

The Tesla chargers are the gold standard for other's to follow. Plug and play if you have a Tesla and very reliable and fast (eg charge speed of up to 1000 miles range added in an hour on the V3s). Only 15 opened up so far and you do need to use an app if you don't have a Tesla. Hopefully it'll push the other charger networks to up their game.

Also thinking you might find it useful to download the Wattsup App (or Zapmap, ABRP...), plot usual routes that you take and see what public chargers are available on the route.

Terry, the charging cable will obviously be a certain length as supplied with the car, don't  know how possible it would be to make it longer but the downside is you would lose voltage, an electricity cable is just like a hose pipe, the longer it is the more pressure you lose, volts is the electrical equivalent of pressure in a fluid.

Bill D.

No I am referring to the cable between the Consumer Box in my Bungalow & the Charger mounted in the Garage. I assume it makes no difference other than cost.

Tel

1 hour ago, Tel said:

I assume it makes no difference other than cost.

Correct. There is the cost of the extra length of cable, labour increase to install the extra distance, and if the distance is very long then they would have to use a larger cable which further increases the cost.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links