Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

SC430 2007 TPMS

Steve Kavanagh

I have just purchased a Lexus SC430 2007 model, love it. I have a TPMS light appearing on the instrument cluster. I went to a tyre fitters who check and change TPMS sensors who identified one sensor was not transmitting but the remaining 3 sensors where working. However, after changing the sensor they failed to set up the system to register the new sensor and stated that all four TPMS system were not registering with the TPMS monitoring system.

I have tried disabling by disconnection under the centre console - Light still flashes then stays on.  I had the car serviced by my local Lexus garage but they told me it could cost £600 upwards to repair! ridiculous sum of money!!!

I'm sure other SC430 members have experienced this issue especially as the batteries in the sensors tend to last only 10yrs.

Any idea's or solutions anyone? 

Hi Steve

I had a similar problem when I purchased my car. I did not feel comfortable with disconnecting it like numerous people recommended as I believe it is there for a reason!

I had a the sensor replaced that was causing a problem by KwikFit but this did not resolve the problem of the light being illuminated. 

I took it into Lexus Leeds who said it needs a genuine sensor fitting before they can test the system. They fitted that and the light went off until I was halfway home then it came back on.

I called them and returned the car to them the following day, they fitted a sensor to another of the wheels and this cured the problem ever since!

When asked about the bill they apologised for not curing the problem first time and me having to return to them and therefore the job was done at no charge! Lexus Leeds have always been great to deal with really nice staff and I can't speak highly enough about them.

KwikFit in Huddersfield were also super helpful and refunded me when I returned their sensor.

Good luck getting it sorted!

Anthony

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Lexiguy said:

Hi Steve

I had a similar problem when I purchased my car. I did not feel comfortable with disconnecting it like numerous people recommended as I believe it is there for a reason!

I had a the sensor replaced that was causing a problem by KwikFit but this did not resolve the problem of the light being illuminated. 

I took it into Lexus Leeds who said it needs a genuine sensor fitting before they can test the system. They fitted that and the light went off until I was halfway home then it came back on.

I called them and returned the car to them the following day, they fitted a sensor to another of the wheels and this cured the problem ever since!

When asked about the bill they apologised for not curing the problem first time and me having to return to them and therefore the job was done at no charge! Lexus Leeds have always been great to deal with really nice staff and I can't speak highly enough about them.

KwikFit in Huddersfield were also super helpful and refunded me when I returned their sensor.

Good luck getting it sorted!

Anthony

Not often that KWIKFIT receives a bouguet !

Thanks Lexguy, Very expensive compared to others cars, when they are virtually the same product out of the same factory!!!  Cheaper in the long run to disable if I can as it isn't a legal requirement for the MOT, and may put different wheels on it.

If anyone can advise how to turn off the TPMS warning light without having to dismantle the dash (or use black tape) I would be grateful.

Hi Steve

There is a good video on YouTube on how to disconnect it...very easy. But if you attend the meet on Sunday 10th July will find several of us who would do it for you!

Anthony

Hi Lexiguy, If it is the Youtube video which disconnects the two connectors forward of the centre console it didn't work. I tried it but the TPMS continued to flash and then stay on.  Something to do with 2007 cars onward.

I have appeared to solve it now using the MaxiTPMS tool. (£160). I can also get the TPMS sensors at a quarter of the price, so much cheaper than £600 + labour at a Lexus garage.  I also have a a GS 450h so probably a worthwhile expense for me.

• Like 1

That's brilliant Steve well done. 👏 

I am sue your work in sorting the problem at a more moderate price instead of doing a full disconnect will help others.

Can you give a link to where you made your purchases from?

Regards Anthony 

When I had a faulty sensor the tyre garage were honest to say, it’s a Lexus thing only, as no other brand of sensor will speak to the Lexus electronics .

cost me £116.00 back on 2018.

• Like 1

Hi Bob, A tyre fitting place said the same to me because their systems didn't work.  I can assure you the MaxiTPMS TS501 works and sensors suppliers have reassured me theirs will work or I will receive a full refund.  A case of Lexus mark up I'm affraid. When I change my wheels and sensors I'll keep you up to date......

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi guys

The tpms warning light came on, I had the tyres checked and all was OK. I tried pushing the reset button above the drivers side footwell to no avail.

My car is in Lexus Leeds today and the technician informed me of a button above the passenger footwell which has two positions for two different sets of wheels (like winter or track tyres on another set of rims). 

Who would have known?...hurray!, that problem is sorted...well done Joshua (master technician)!!!!!

Anthony

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Lexiguy said:

Who would have known?...hurray!, that problem is sorted...well done Joshua (master technician)!!!!!

Anthony

Common knowledge for those of us with sets of Winter tyres 🤣 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links