Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I have made a leap of faith

Finally ordered.

F-Sport Takumi a little under 2 years old with v low mileage.  OMG I am very excited.  Really wanted the 360 cam.  Keen to check out the LED headlights with this bladescan thingy.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, No Comment said:

Standard Lexus LED headlights are terrible, they aim way too low and the main dealer says it’s ok, nothing wrong with it. Not sure if the blade lights make any difference in this regard. 

I found them quite good on the NX though that was the first time I had LED headlights.  Huge difference to the older halogens on my previous car.

I’ve had both standard and bladescan lights on the RX. The bladescan does in my opinion perform much better, although I found them fine on my last RX that didn’t have them. I know there are a lot of people who don’t like them but they seem to be on the 2020/21 versions. The lighting logic was changed for the 2022, and I find them great. My only criticism is I still on occasion have a slight delay with oncoming traffic, I get the occasional flash.

1 hour ago, No Comment said:

Standard Lexus LED headlights are terrible, they aim way too low and the main dealer says it’s ok, nothing wrong with it. Not sure if the blade lights make any difference in this regard. 

Which Lexus model are you referring to?

I have found the LED headlights (not the bladescan version) on the Gen 4 RX to be excellent (way better than Xenon's in previous cars) and the auto dip function also works well.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Spock66 said:

Which Lexus model are you referring to?

I have found the LED headlights (not the bladescan version) on the Gen 4 RX to be excellent (way better than Xenon's in previous cars) and the auto dip function also works well.

2016 RX, 2018 RX, 2017 NX, 2018 IS. The brightness is brilliant but the distance of the lit area ahead is terrible, literally a blind driving, dangerous in certain areas, like dark country roads, etc.  it’s easy to adjust but if I raise the lights, it would cause an instant failure on the mot, not to mention the on immigration vehicles get dazzled. 

On 8/18/2022 at 9:40 AM, No Comment said:

2016 RX, 2018 RX, 2017 NX, 2018 IS. The brightness is brilliant but the distance of the lit area ahead is terrible, literally a blind driving, dangerous in certain areas, like dark country roads, etc.  it’s easy to adjust but if I raise the lights, it would cause an instant failure on the mot, not to mention the on immigration vehicles get dazzled. 

Any comment? 

2 hours ago, Herbie said:

Only that I don't have that problem on my 2018 RX. Maybe it's time for an eye test?

It’s nothing to do with the eye test…it won’t help the dipped beam range.  The road is just simply not lit further than 20-30 yards ahead which is more than dangerous. 

It’s time for an eye test for you if you think this is great when is not: 

As a wise man once said, "You should never drive where your eyes and your brain haven't been first." Meaning that if you can't see within your reaction and stopping distance you should slow down.  This doesn't just apply to night driving - it includes bends, hill summits, obstructions, etc.

JBP

• Like 3

I found on my nx the lights were good. On dark roads I use high beams which are there to be used. Not driven RX on dark country or unlit roads yet so can't comment

• Like 1

13 hours ago, No Comment said:

It’s nothing to do with the eye test…it won’t help the dipped beam range.  The road is just simply not lit further than 20-30 yards ahead which is more than dangerous. 

Dipped headlights should have a range of about 50m, difficult to say from the video if this is being met or not.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links