Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

GS F wheel colour

Hi all 

This question may have been asked at some point, but does anyone know what the wheel colour code (if there is one) or indeed the colour description of the standard GS F wheel ? Unfortunately I had a close encounter with a kerb due to dodging a badly parked car who had parked somewhat inconsiderately.

Fortunately I do have wheel and tyre insurance (tyre not damaged) and a repair is scheduled for later this month, incase I get fobbed off with "this is not any easy fix" excuse I wondered if anyone has had any experience with cosmetic repair to one of the F wheel.

Thanking in advance for any info.20220828_191400.thumb.jpg.d44b57a8814ccd307859a68edf90f4c1.jpg

So the refurb place I recently went to, used 'Lexus IS silver' and did it by eye, I got all 4 done and they look mega - I could probably ask for the actual colour code they used to make life easier. Unfortunately our wheels don't get a code and every forum I've come across discussing the wheels have said the same, bummer!

The wheel basically gets a primer, black base coat, IS Silver top coat.

Thanks for the info Kieran...yes I have also noted there is not an actual colour code indeed I think it being a BBS wheel it might even be an in house bespoke for Lexus, a bit like the secret recipe for a well known fried chicken 🍗 🐔.

The wheel doesn't need refurbishment as "fortunately" I only have scuffed the rim edge against the tyre with luck it can be sanded down and touched in 🤞 ....here's hoping.

• 1 month later...

Hi Doug shame about your rim, I have had to refurb my rims a few weeks ago and found a standard BBS colour that matches my ISF rims, I have started a thread with a pic a few days ago so you could check the colour out.

Thanks Keith, I have seen your post regarding the elusive BBS wheel colour a good bit of detective work on your part.

I did have my scuff repaired and to be fair to the smart repair guy (I have alloy/tyre insurance) he did a pretty good job of matching the colour, confessing he had to 'play' with two colours (black and silver) to get the blend right before finishing with final clear coat.

It's always a concern that despite having rims repaired there is always a risk that colour match might be discernably noticeable from original colour.

20220923_150115.jpg

20220923_150122.jpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links