Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hi all.😀

After much watching on YouTube and reading forum treads decided again to have another go at fitting dash cam🙃

All was going well got the wiring in ( hardwiring it ) all tucked away removed side panel drivers side as I wanted it to connect by the cigarette lighter fuse you can see where this going can't you!!!🙄

Yup you guessed it cannot get the b****y fuse out why oh why would you put a fuse box in a stupid place like this is it some kind off a joke or is it done for a laugh.:Jumpy:

And yes I have tried using pliers both being pointed nose ones and no luck there.☹️

And now I do remember in previous cars they gave you a plastic like tweezers that you push over the fuse and could pull it out but not Lexus to much trouble and why are the fuses so damn small.🤔

This was the final thing to do so could get my dash cam which has been sitting around un used for 10 months still be able to give it a Birthday card soon as it will be a year at least before I can Finnish the job.🤨

I will get the dealer to pull out the fuse for me when it goes for it's service when that is I don't know..🙄

65mike😀

22 minutes ago, 65mike said:

All was going well got the wiring in ( hardwiring it ) all tucked away removed side panel drivers side as I wanted it to connect by the cigarette lighter fuse…

Just one thought, Mike.
On my Lexus - and yours may be different - this power socket is only live when the ignition is ON or switched to ACCESSORY.

Why would you want your dashcam not operating when your car is parked and the ignition is OFF?  Such as when you’ve left it in a car park, gone shopping, having a meal out.

I’m sure your camera will have a ‘Parking Mode’ which will record any knocks or attempts to break in when parked.  But that requires wiring to a fuse that is live when the ignition is OFF.

You may want to reconsider your choice of fuse.

• Like 1

Hi all.😀

Len, no don't want it on permanently this is why am using the cigarette lighter fuse.😀

Alas would not make any difference as I still cannot get the damn fuses out.:Jumpy:

65mike😀

There are plastic tweezers stored in Engine Fuse Box 1.

Location of fuse boxes is awkward, but trust me that is nothing compared to how badly design combination fuse it. Times and times again this care proven to me it was not designed to be worked on, nor modified - the only saving grace is that they generally never go wrong. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, 65mike said:

Hi all.😀

Len, no don't want it on permanently this is why am using the cigarette lighter fuse.😀

Alas would not make any difference as I still cannot get the damn fuses out.:Jumpy:

65mike😀

Your choice of course, Mike.

I don’t have my BlackVue on permanently either.  It’s wired via a switchable Power Magic Pro which controls the Battery drain, such as it is.  So I actually switch it off when the car is securely parked.

I see no reason why it won’t operate other cameras.

https://blackvue.co.uk/products/power-magic-pro/

I feel your pain Mike. But persevere with a pair of stubby type pliers. That's how I finally got that stupidly small fuse out. I didn't realise the fuses were that small that when I did finally get it out I was fuming as I only had standard size fuses. 20 mins later after a visit to my local Halfords I finally finished fitting my dash cam. I too have it powered from an ignition on power source. 

Hi all.

Linas alas no the tweezers are not there have checked.☹️

Vlad have tried with pliers as I said previous post but the thing will not move I am now going to order what in my view should have been supplied in the first place saying this Linas said he had one in his fuse box I wonder how many other owners have them.!!!!:sad:

Once I get them will try again hopefully will get it installed then.🤔

Ever thing is b****y awkward cannot get to anything.:Jumpy:

65mike

I got a road angel dash cam and the fitment was fairly easy, I do agree getting out the fuses was a BLOODY nightmare.  Fuse removal tool will not work either as they’ve been lodged in there likely the age of the car, long pair of needle nose pliers (I’m training to be a sparky so I’ve got a nice set to hand) is all you’ll need to persuade the fuse out.

612A9379-CA61-478D-B424-41AE009C5D64.thumb.png.45848031a63e39fd6628513caa88ff3f.png

I myself have hardwired the dash cam for the parking mode functionality and for the clean aesthetic also, but I would highly reccomend hard wiring it as it can be done without depleting the Battery totally.  That being said the one time you may need it is when you don’t have that facility, so better to have it and not need it!

If you need some help fitting drop me a message or take a look at my post about it.

• Like 2

Hi Mike

I know your frustration and pain after recently hardwiring a dash cam in. The fuse I selected to replace was pretty inaccessible behind the inner a post panel in the passenger footwell. Good job I was working in the garage as the contortions exhibited in the process by my 6'3" well built frame would have put on an amusing show for neighbours!

I bought the kit below and found it excellent and generic.

Screenshot_20220923-060317_eBay.thumb.jpg.b574cecf2eef5846f887b5474c9a52eb.jpg

I will say good luck to anyone attempting this project and don't start after a full English breakfast!

Anthony

1 minute ago, markeyszoo said:

Bought my dashcam from HALFORDS and for £15 they fitted it. The guy had all the tools for removing panels and trim and seemed to have little trouble with the fuse.

He had obviously done many before. took him 20 minutes and I was away.

Halfords where Mike ?

It seems that we all should share in that gem.👍

Hi all.:driving:

Thanks to all forum members who have posted replies.😃

I have brought some tweezers plastic probably the same ones as Linas was talking about.😃

Have done the job now and will start a new thread with pictures and a little bit of info so you can see how I achieved the finished job.:smile:

65mike:driving:

IMG_1410.jpeg

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links