Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Badges removed. Would you be worried?

Morning all, I'm looking at a used IS250 which has had the boot decals removed (not the L).

Raises obvious questions as to why and has it been bumped etc, but the is250 side has two holes where the locating pins would go. I'm concerned the boot night have been susceptible to water ingress and could the boot rust out from the inside? I'm assuming even if the badges were fired they won't be water tight?

Cheers.

Peter.

4 hours ago, Pete-r said:

Morning all, I'm looking at a used IS250 which has had the boot decals removed (not the L).

Raises obvious questions as to why and has it been bumped etc, but the is250 side has two holes where the locating pins would go. I'm concerned the boot night have been susceptible to water ingress and could the boot rust out from the inside? I'm assuming even if the badges were fired they won't be water tight?

Cheers.

Peter.

Just ask the Dealer to replace the missing Decals and walk away if he refuses Pete.

On 9/21/2022 at 10:12 AM, Pete-r said:

Cheers.

Peter.

Hi Peter,

I have removed the IS250 badge and yes, it does leave 2 tiny holes. Perhaps a guide to make sure every badge is on straight. It's been off the car for ~2 years and there is no issues with water. My car is black so the holes are almost impossible to see. That being said I'm sure it's more visible on other colours, so it's up to you. 

2 hours ago, H3XME said:

Hi Peter,

I have removed the IS250 badge …

I think that still leaves the unanswered question…why?

I’m sure you had your reasons, but unless you had a problem being seen driving around in an IS250, I can’t really see the point.

As an IS250 owner, should I be worried?

I do recall someone buying a standard Mini and putting Cooper badges on it.  But I’m not sure it ever actually fooled anyone!

15 hours ago, LenT said:

I’m sure you had your reasons, but unless you had a problem being seen driving around in an IS250, I can’t really see the point.

I do recall someone buying a standard Mini and putting Cooper badges on it.  But I’m not sure it ever actually fooled anyone!

As with any visual mod it's up to the owner's preference and taste. Window tints, custom number plates, polishing, de-chroming, de-badging etc are just visual enhancements/ mods to make the car look better in the eyes of the owner. It doesn't need to have a practical benefit. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, LenT said:

Personal preference? Just like anything else on the car. People who know the car will know it's not a diesel because of twin pipes. I'm going to remove the LEXUS badge to the left of the boot lid as well, because what's the need? It doesn't look any better. You've got a massive L on the boot lid itself. Manufacturers put badges on cars just because of marketing. 

You can see on the photo what I replaced it with.

KAJ05159.JPG

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links