Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dealer using customer's car for business use

MadJam250

3 hours ago, Osprey said:

and some are losing that personal touch. 

it's all down to HR employing the wrong staff .... poor education / social morals etc .......  it's endemic I'm afraid

a couldn't care less attitude prevails at all levels of society and employment ....  it starts with poor parenting and slack schooling sadly ..........  this will never be overcome tho' methinks however hard some may try !

Just grin and bear it eh !

Malc

• Like 1

"it's all down to HR employing the wrong staff .... poor education / social morals etc .......  it's endemic I'm afraid"

Utter drivel.

I was a Member of several Chartered Institutes Malc, including the one for HR people. I can speak volumes about both good and poor recruitment exercises. We both know of well educated people of extremely high social standing who have turned out to be less than honest (in all senses of that word), in their lives.

Your statement is lamentable in my opinion and you should be ashamed that you allowed yourself to make it.😒

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, royoftherovers said:

statement is lamentable in my opinion

say it as I've found it over very many years of life's experiences at all levels of society and educational outcomes , working and nay, me as employer and as employee and continuing to date too  ......  what else would one want to do to stave off tedium in retirement ...  wots that !

Member of several Chartered Institutes

me too in times past

...... it's lamentable that one encounters such employee and senior management people attitudes when as customers dealing with all and any / many businesses in whatever fields ..........  it winds me up too and I know i just have to let it go and not to let it get " under me skin "  and then drive me nuts ...............

I want a quiet life these days ......  that's why i drive a Ls400 🌞

Malc

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

No specific update to this. The dealer has washed their hands of the issue, even stating "we assume you will no longer wish to use us" and I'm now awaiting a reply from Lexus HQ. 

This whole experience has soured my ownership, which is sad after owning 4 Lexus over the last 13 years. I bet if my contribution to Lexus's income was considerably higher they'd be grovelling to have me back. Their servicing a 10 year old CT (and unable to sell me a newer one because they are simply overpriced and unaffordable) is indeed quite probably wasting their time and money. Lexus's doing away with the more affordable and previously enticing Essential Care servicing costs further indicates that their expectation that owners of older cars will pay twice the price for servicing (during a cost of living crisis) shows some naivety (or pure greed) on their behalf. The 'customer is always right" mantra is now dead and Listers' mission statement about custimer care and satisfaction being their primary concern is just BS - unless you are buying or having serviced their flagship models, perhaps. 

Trust Pilot review being worked on. Will give Lexus HQ another week to respond first. 

Anyone else seen a dip in overall customer service lately? 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, MadJam250 said:

Trust Pilot review being worked on. Will give Lexus HQ another week to respond first. 

I note that there are a number of Google reviews for this Dealer too.  So you might also consider bringing your dissatisfaction to the attention of a wider audience.

Incidentally, as I recall, the Lexus website itself has a comment facility - possibly in the My Lexus section - in which you might ask Lexus about their policy regarding the Dealers’ use of customers’ cars for personal reasons.

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

Local Listers branch have disowned me (the feeling is mutual) as has Listers HQ. Have completed the customer satisfaction survey with Lexus HQ and gave the dealership a scathing review and followed that up with an email. The survey indicated a follow-up would occur if the feedback was not satisfactory and despite that, and my email to them, nothing back from HQ at all. So much for putting the customers first.

After over a decade of recommending and praising the brand, Lexus in my eyes are now out of favour and I'll be shopping elsewhere ASAP. It seems to me from comments made by the branch MD, older cars are not viably interesting to them (aftercare is clearly a drain on their profit margins) and if the owner is unlikely to return to purchase again anytime soon, they are a liability and likely dispensible. Money talks, as always. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

• 1 month later...

I bought my first Lexus - a CT from this branch - sales experience was "OK" but prep of the car was not great and a few minor cosmetic issues they said they would fix were not (or they had attempted to but not done much)

They were not my nearest dealer (Bristol is) so I didn't plan on going back to them for servicing, but Lexus asked me for some feedback on the buying experience - I replied honestly about the bits that were good and not so good (think I marked them a 3/5 in some areas) - anyway, this got fed back to the dealer principle who was quite put out and left me a voice mail asking me to explain my scoring to him and expecting me to call him back.  I called once to be told he was with someone but wanted to speak with me so would call back......he didnt, I called again a few days later to be told he was busy and they would tell him I called.  Never did get that call back and never followed it up, but it was interesting that Lexus feedback scores appeared to rattle him - this was a few years ago so things may have changed

• Sad 2

The dealer principal was very, very rude to me and sent me packing when I went in to complain. I have left a 1* star review on Trustpilot and have no such back from the branch, Listers HQ or Lexus HQ despite my asking them to discuss with me. They simply don't care. Avoid the Cheltenham branch at all costs. I know of others since who have said similar. The whole Lexus ethos has become snobby too with emphasis on wealth and flicking a middle finger to those with older cars who clearly don't bring the £££ in. 

Can anyone suggest and recommend another dealer (Swindon or Bristol maybe) or even a Toyota branch whom I can continue my servicing with please? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MadJam250 said:

The dealer principal was very, very rude to me and sent me packing when I went in to complain. I have left a 1* star review on Trustpilot and have no such back from the branch, Listers HQ or Lexus HQ despite my asking them to discuss with me. They simply don't care. Avoid the Cheltenham branch at all costs. I know of others since who have said similar. The whole Lexus ethos has become snobby too with emphasis on wealth and flicking a middle finger to those with older cars who clearly don't bring the £££ in. 

Can anyone suggest and recommend another dealer (Swindon or Bristol maybe) or even a Toyota branch whom I can continue my servicing with please? 

Very sorry to read of that outcome Martin.

Sadly, there appears to be an increasing number of problematic matters being reported and arising with Lexus UK, their Customer Relationships Department,their Dealerships and their vehicles. Many, I am sure are soluable, but in the short to medium term might well reflect in the various statistical analyses which are printed within the National Press.

I think that you ae right to move Dealerships based upon your experience and I`m sure that Memebers of this Forum will have their owen views on Lexus/Listers, Cheltenham.

You are also right in my view to ask Members for their views on suitable alternative Dealerships.

I would meet with the Service Manager at the Dealership of your choice and introduce yourself without revealing your previous relationship with Listers Cheltenham. I would ask him/her, if they offered  preferential terms to owners of older vehicles such as yours. I would enter into a 5 years Service  Agreement, and a 5 year Warranty Agreement(which they will probably say you won`t need because of RELAX). That way you will make your mark with the New Dalership and hopefully build and maintain a relationship which will avoid such experiences you have had with Listers.Your future motoring costs will be under control and interest and inflation  free with the exception of consumable such as Discs etc.

Good luck and I hope that you will keep us all informed of how matters develop.

• Like 2

I would enter into a 5 years Service  Agreement, and a 5 year Warranty Agreement(which they will probably say you won`t need because of RELAX). That way you will make your mark with the New Dalership and hopefully build and maintain a relationship which will avoid such experiences you have had with Listers.Your future motoring costs will be under control and interest and inflation  free with the exception of consumables such as Discs etc.

I think this is very sound advice, John.  Of course, some owners may not be comfortable with lump sum prepayments, but they offer the benefits you describe.  And your point about developing relationships - which I’ve mentioned myself - requires a degree of commitment by all parties involved.

Sadly, it would appear that this particular Dealership is now beyond redemption.  But I personally would not let that overly influence my opinion of the car itself.  I would also hazard a guess that the majority of  Lexus owners are satisfied with the service they get.

Highlighting the rare Dealership that lets the customer down is a valuable service that sites such as LOC provide.  I would only ask that Members are as quick to ‘Name & Praise’ when appropriate.

• Like 4

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links