Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

No AA Card in New NX

29 minutes ago, Marlinleg said:

Just if anyone else was wondering why you don’t get an AA Card in your new Lexus from the AA 

https://www.lexus.co.uk/owners/roadside-assistance

FF855CDF-8987-4E9A-AF0C-B984BBD8B00F.thumb.jpeg.59ba24571f4fb2a13f41814b973fc150.jpeg

They confirmed the same to me after I queried it but what they still haven’t confirmed, and don’t appear to know what to do, is how to include a nominated partner on to the policy.

They just said to me that all anyone driving the car has to do is call the numbers on the windscreen and quote the reg number.  My response, according to the Lexus T&Cs it is not the car that is covered, it is the person in any car hence why a nominated partner needs to be on the policy in the same way that this has operated for the past 5 years in my RX.

I was then told there is not room on their forms to put another name on there.

My query is now with Lexus Customer Services. We wait & see what the outcome is. I am told that Lexus breakdown cover has recently changed to the AA from RAC.

Interesting that the latest breakdown cover T&Cs on the Lexus website are dated prior to any change to the AA taking place

• Like 1

When I queried the lack of a membership card I was informed by Lexus UK that the main driver and one partner who lives at the same address is covered whilst driving the NX or is a driver or passenger in any other vehicle. The registration number of the NX is what needs to be quoted when requesting assistance.

39 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

My assistance has always been provided by AA during the past 10 years.

It was the dealer who told me that Lexus had recently changed provider for their breakdown cover. Maybe it’s the other way around🤔

TBH I don’t know who provided ours on the RX over the past 5 years since we never needed them but what I do know was that adding a nominated partner to the policy was never a problem.

50 minutes ago, Ken R said:

When I queried the lack of a membership card I was informed by Lexus UK that the main driver and one partner who lives at the same address is covered whilst driving the NX or is a driver or passenger in any other vehicle. The registration number of the NX is what needs to be quoted when requesting assistance.

Ken, that’s exactly what they told me but the reason I am continuing to pursue this with them is due to their definition of “nominated partner” in their T&Cs, which states

Your spouse or other nominated person who resides at Your Home and is registered as Your Partner by Lexus Roadside Assistance (Note Lexus Roadside Assistance will only register one Partner at any one time during any Assistance Period)

This clearly states:

1. that a nominated partner has to be registered - on the phone I was told there is no room on their on-line form to enter a second name

2 a nominated partner does not have to be a spouse etc but could also be a son/daughter living at the same address, hence the words “other nominated person”

If the person calling is not registered as the vehicle owner how do they know that the person is nominated?

Yes I might appear to be pedantic about this but the fact that when questioned the AA person I was speaking with knew nothing about it and could only say we no longer issue cards but you are covered until 31st July 2025 leaves me feeling uneasy should the need arise.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, RXtoNX said:

It was the dealer who told me that Lexus had recently changed provider for their breakdown cover. Maybe it’s the other way around🤔

TBH I don’t know who provided ours on the RX over the past 5 years since we never needed them but what I do know was that adding a nominated partner to the policy was never a problem.

I think that when your paperwork comes through you will be invited to nominate your partner Paul.

3 minutes ago, RXtoNX said:

Ken, that’s exactly what they told me but the reason I am continuing to pursue this with them is due to their definition of “nominated partner” in their T&Cs, which states

Your spouse or other nominated person who resides at Your Home and is registered as Your Partner by Lexus Roadside Assistance (Note Lexus Roadside Assistance will only register one Partner at any one time during any Assistance Period)

This clearly states:

1. that a nominated partner has to be registered - on the phone I was told there is no room on their on-line form to enter a second name

2 a nominated partner does not have to be a spouse etc but could also be a son/daughter living at the same address, hence the words “other nominated person”

If the person calling is not registered as the vehicle owner how do they know that the person is nominated?

Yes I might appear to be pedantic about this but the fact that when questioned the AA person I was speaking with knew nothing about it and could only say we no longer issue cards but you are covered until 31st July 2025 leaves me feeling uneasy should the need arise.

worry ye not sir.

55 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

I think that when your paperwork comes through you will be invited to nominate your partner Paul.

It is 8 weeks since we took delivery of the car and according to the AA and Lexus Assist there is no paperwork to come through, hence my queries

• Like 1

Just to add I downloaded the AA app you need a membership number to use members features within the app. I emailed the AA the response  As your breakdown cover is provided as part of the warranty, unfortunately it would not provide access to member benefits or features in the app. 

Kind regards,

Michelle 

Customer Advisor

4 hours ago, fourbanks said:

Just to confirm there is no paperwork in going forward, but the car is covered 

Yes the car is covered but the jury is still out on whether the person is covered for breakdown assistance when a passenger in other cars.
This has always been the case in the past & still is according to Lexus T&Cs, which haven’t been updated since early 2019, but both the AA & Lexus seem to be unable to confirm that this is still the case.

On 9/22/2022 at 5:50 PM, royoftherovers said:

My assistance has always been provided by AA during the past 10 years.

My last 2 Lexus call-outs have been for my distressed old Merc!

A wonderful Lexus service indeed and invaluable whether in UK or abroad,as I was for one of the calls.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Marlinleg said:

Hello Roy  if you Don't mind I'll take your word for that take care Phil 😂

Great Post Phil. It made me laugh!

I am a man of integrity Sir. Before I retired my colleagues called me "Rumpole of the Bailey"

Have a good day.

6 minutes ago, RONNIE W HODGEKINSON said:

Advice please..  Having recently bought a 2020 lexus nx 300h Is breakdown cover by the AA included in the warranty and how to i check this is included.. Thanks.Ron

Lexus include breakdown cover for 3 years on a new car in line with the warranty so your car will still be covered under the original 3 year cover. See Lexus website for details. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links