Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

EV or H

14 hours ago, fourbanks said:

When do think Lexus will stop making hybrid cars and just make way for EV only. I reckon 2025 they will phase out the H and just make a small UX EV 

you know it makes sense 

My gut feeling is that manufacturers will continue with hybrids for some time. The infrastructure for EVs is so far behind where it needs to be that, even without a crystal ball, I can see the government having to put back the date when ICEs are banned in new cars. 

From memory: 2% of cars are EVs at the moment. There are 32,000 public charge points and the “experts” estimate/forecast that we need 320,000. How are we going to generate the necessary electricity? I spent a great deal of time in my working life preparing forecasts, and the only thing that’s certain about a forecast is that it will be wrong. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I think EV is going to be a lost dream for the stupid politicians.

Not charging point enough.

No place to buy new batteries when they need to be replaced except from China, is that better than gas and oil from Russia?

• Like 2

14 hours ago, fourbanks said:

When do think Lexus will stop making hybrid cars and just make way for EV only. I reckon 2025 they will phase out the H and just make a small UX EV 

you know it makes sense 

Hey Nick, have you reported back yet on your meeting with someone from the

Lexus UK hierarchy ?

2 hours ago, Las Palmas said:

No place to buy new batteries when they need to be replaced except from China, is that better than gas and oil from Russia?

If it is a lost dream John, then most if not all European Motor Manufacturers will go bust as they have committed themselves to not producing vehicles with internal combustion engines.

Manufacturers which have retained a presence in Hybrid vehicles are not so committed..

Commit your Lexus to a long term future Sir.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, fourbanks said:

Sale of new hybrids will not be banned until 2035 (if they can drive a significant distance), I can see hybrids still being attractive for those who don't want the risk of running out of charge, I suspect sales will go down to the wire.

I think Lexus will still be targeting the larger luxury car sector, we have already seen the RZ announced.

most of the rest of the world, Asia Africa South America want fossil fuel cars and trucks etc

17 hours ago, fourbanks said:

methinks

Malc

3 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

Hey Nick, have you reported back yet on your meeting with someone from the

Lexus UK hierarchy ?

No, not yet john, I guess Paul is still busy in the midlands with the Toyota electric debacle with wheels falling off 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, royoftherovers said:

If it is a lost dream John, then most if not all European Motor Manufacturers will go bust as they have committed themselves to not producing vehicles with internal combustion engines.

They still have the expertise and knowledge to make engines. They can start again without problems. New types of engines could possibly be made.

Charging points and electricity production enough to fill all vehicles is a far bigger challenge than any politician has imagined.

Do not believe that EV will ever be able to transport us all. Should we just start to walk again? Carry whatever we need home in bags? Or move all with the power of our minds?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Lizzie and Kwasi ? managing to move but a pea whilst having one is about so far as their magic will take it all ............. are those two having anything to do with EVs too do you think .......   Forward planning for enuf charging points ......  but Charging wot ? Forward into the Breach no doubt ............... bring on the Horses eh ! the 285 that I have under me belt each and every day much better than them there EV one's ( and twos ) 

3 hours ago, Las Palmas said:

Or move all with the power of our minds?

sorry I digress a little ........  EV Govt policy going to be about as effective as that pee I'm referring to above

Malc

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Las Palmas said:

Aye and them politicians have created the energy shambles we are  In now. Talk of restricted use with companies having staggered start times so not to overload the grid.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, ALAW said:

Aye and them politicians have created the energy shambles we are  In now. Talk of restricted use with companies having staggered start times so not to overload the grid.

The good thing about being a politician is that it is always the ones that were before that made all the bad decisions.

EV was the holy grail long before February.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links