Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Forth Lexus in 30 years!

K22MDL

Having purchased my first LS400 in 1991 2nd in 1992, SC400 Soarer in 1995, I've finally come back to the fold many years later with an LC500h. 1 owner with just 5000 miles on the clock, I'm looking forward to owning this stunning looking machine for over the future years. 

Most of my friends agree I should have purchased one years ago. 

Why the Hybrid? Just liked the technology, mpg and being different. I've had dozens of 5 & 7ltr V8's, V12's & W12's and the V6 plus Hybrid power train is hardly lacking. 

Car arrives in less than two weeks, possible downsides? He passed on the optional HUD & Mark L audio but I'm hoping the standard fit is acceptable, HUD is nice and my current two cars have got it but since I wear polarised glasses, I'm not particularly fussed.

Being a 2017 built car it doesn't have Android Auto and I gather Lexus have been more that uninterested in offering an upgrade, which is a great shame. I do many miles and it means I've got to use my phone once again for the privilege.

Hope you like the colour combo.

Screenshot_20221010_151053_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20221010_150931_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20221010_150836_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20221010_150820_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20221010_150802_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20221010_150737_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20221010_150712_Chrome.jpg

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, K22MDL said:

Having purchased my first LS400 in 1991 2nd in 1992, SC400 Soarer in 1995, I've finally come back to the fold many years later with an LC500h. 1 owner with just 5000 miles on the clock, I'm looking forward to owning this stunning looking machine for over the future years. 

Most of my friends agree I should have purchased one years ago. 

Why the Hybrid? Just liked the technology, mpg and being different. I've had dozens of 5 & 7ltr V8's, V12's & W12's and the V6 plus Hybrid power train is hardly lacking. 

Car arrives in less than two weeks, possible downsides? He passed on the optional HUD & Mark L audio but I'm hoping the standard fit is acceptable, HUD is nice and my current two cars have got it but since I wear polarised glasses, I'm not particularly fussed.

Being a 2017 built car it doesn't have Android Auto and I gather Lexus have been more that uninterested in offering an upgrade, which is a great shame. I do many miles and it means I've got to use my phone once again for the privilege.

Hope you like the colour combo.

Screenshot_20221010_151053_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20221010_150931_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20221010_150903_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20221010_150836_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20221010_150820_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20221010_150802_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20221010_150737_Chrome.jpg

Welcome K22. Are you a character out of Starwars or just forgotten your Christian name ?

`Tis a beautiful LC and a wonderful colour combination too.

Please do contribute to our discussions. With such a variety of motoring experiences you must have a fun of stories to share with us, I am sure.

• Thanks 1

Thank you Roy and Fred and no, not a member of the cast of Star Wars but use the same K22MDL for all forums/social media. Name is Martin.  Having owned well over 100 cars++ in 50 years of motoring, I most certainly do have lots of stories to tell and indeed comparisons. Last luxury car was a Bentley V8 GTC (one of 5 prevously owned) and I really didn't want to go there again even if the series 3 is almost a new car up. 

My new steed is still just under 2 weeks away from being delivered so will start reporting my feelings about the car then. I think initially I'll just pull up a chair and stare....

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, K22MDL said:

Thank you Roy and Fred and no, not a member of the cast of Star Wars but use the same K22MDL for all forums/social media. Name is Martin.  Having owned well over 100 cars++ in 50 years of motoring, I most certainly do have lots of stories to tell and indeed comparisons. Last luxury car was a Bentley V8 GTC (one of 5 prevously owned) and I really didn't want to go there again even if the series 3 is almost a new car up. 

My new steed is still just under 2 weeks away from being delivered so will start reporting my feelings about the car then. I think initially I'll just pull up a chair and stare....

Thanks Martin.

• Thanks 1

Congrats on the car! Exactly the same colour scheme as mine (sonic red with caramel / Ochre). It’s stunning.

Look forward to hearing about your comparisons vs other GTs you’ve owned! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Brett, yes I see you're in the same section of the UK as me. Yours looks stunning and I guess, like me, you've had your share if V12's in the past? 

This first LC is me dipping my toe in the water and if I like it I'm sure I'll be trading for another. Looking forward to meeting up for a cars and coffee soon!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brian R said:

Fantastic combination of inside/outside colours. If you are doing significant miles you'll find the car is particularly well suited to that task.

Thank you Brian, at the moment I'm just wishing the days away until delivery.

9 hours ago, shapiro said:

Congrats on the car! Exactly the same colour scheme as mine (sonic red with caramel / Ochre). It’s stunning.

I think the colour combo is great if dare I say a tad Japanese inside colour wise. Last Christmas I was in Manchester staying at a hotel and an LC with the exact same combo was parked in a public car park behind the hotel. I thought I still find the shape incredible and 2 days later had a test drive in one. The weather was horrendous but I knew I'd be back to purchase later. What took me so long?! 10 months to be precise. Thank you for your comments. 

13 minutes ago, K22MDL said:

Hi Brett, yes I see you're in the same section of the UK as me. Yours looks stunning and I guess, like me, you've had your share if V12's in the past? 

This first LC is me dipping my toe in the water and if I like it I'm sure I'll be trading for another. Looking forward to meeting up for a cars and coffee soon!

If you can get to Long Sutton, Upton Bridge Farm Shop runs the finest cars and coffee in the South West! 😎

20220710_100822.jpg

20220807_104350.jpg

Edited by BrettMRC
added pic

Hello Martin from Devon. Yours is an interesting post to read… Between 1999 and 2002. I also had two LS400’s. And an SC430 in 2002.

You might remember that the M5 had two concrete sections between Exeter and Bristol. I used the M5 frequently. And of ALL the cars that I have driven, or been a passenger in. The two LS400’s were the most comfortable cars to drive… Especially on the concrete sections. And all other concrete roads that I drove on, at the time… In fact, you didn’t know when you were on the concrete sections…!

Of all the 100 cars+ + that you have had in your fifty years of motoring. How many were fully electric…?

430 Front 2.JPG

LC500 Convertible.jpg

Lexus KSW 1.jpg

Lexus KSW1_1.jpg

• Like 1

comfy comfy comfy ..  and oh so reliable these Lexii

I just returned yesterday from a week's driving to Thurlestone Devon, where we stayed and popped down to Penzance and Mousehole for a day and back home to Kent yesterday via the huge dreadful congestion affecting everything from those nutters closing the Dartford Xng access ..............

total miles travelled from home back to home over those 7 glorious sunny days ......  1098 miles of sheer bliss ............ apart from refuelling and terrible roadworks getting down into Cornwall and back 

Ls400 sure is a great way to spend one's time travelling 

Malc

4 hours ago, Kevin Williams said:

The two LS400’s were the most comfortable cars to drive

• Like 2

On 10/17/2022 at 10:15 PM, shapiro said:

Me too

For me this is the only combo to go for

But we live in a world of varying taste thank god

or else it would be a very boring world 

9 hours ago, Winston said:

Me too

What I really love about the sonic red is how it gives the illusion of glowing. The multi coat paint is sure something. Not just a “regular” metallic but it has so many different hues.

I’ve had a lot of compliments just on the paint colour.

9B5AFCB5-DED7-4D3C-958F-1064DFD916BB.jpeg

• Like 1

On 10/18/2022 at 10:38 AM, Kevin Williams said:

Hello Martin from Devon. Yours is an interesting post to read… Between 1999 and 2002. I also had two LS400’s. And an SC430 in 2002.

You might remember that the M5 had two concrete sections between Exeter and Bristol. I used the M5 frequently. And of ALL the cars that I have driven, or been a passenger in. The two LS400’s were the most comfortable cars to drive… Especially on the concrete sections. And all other concrete roads that I drove on, at the time… In fact, you didn’t know when you were on the concrete sections…!

Of all the 100 cars+ + that you have had in your fifty years of motoring. How many were fully electric…?

430 Front 2.JPG

LC500 Convertible.jpg

Lexus KSW 1.jpg

Lexus KSW1_1.jpg

Full electric?  Just one, a Renaut Twizy!!!!!  I have a new Nissan Ariya e-Force 87kW all electric on order however for my daily, due in February. The last hybrid I had was a BMW i8, now that was a special car. Never owned an SC430 and to be honest I thought Lexus had been smoking something when they came out with such a gawpy looking shape after the beautiful svelt lines of the SC400 V8 Ltd.  So I guess you now have the gorgeous green convertible? You certainly are a Lexus convert!  My LC is being delivered on Thursday this week so expsct lots of images. 

13 hours ago, Winston said:

Me too

I totally agree and I feel that if the shape wasn't so arresting it would be colour dependant which it is most certainly not. 

• Like 1

On 10/24/2022 at 12:03 PM, K22MDL said:

Full electric?  Just one, a Renaut Twizy!!!!!  I have a new Nissan Ariya e-Force 87kW all electric on order however for my daily, due in February. The last hybrid I had was a BMW i8, now that was a special car. Never owned an SC430 and to be honest I thought Lexus had been smoking something when they came out with such a gawpy looking shape after the beautiful svelt lines of the SC400 V8 Ltd.  So I guess you now have the gorgeous green convertible? You certainly are a Lexus convert!  My LC is being delivered on Thursday this week so expsct lots of images. 

The BMW i8 is a good car, but difficult to get in and out of... No Lexus at the moment. I have a Lexus RZ 450e Takumi on order. I have had several electric cars. I think the Lexus RZ will be another great Lexus. 

i8 Roadster.jpg

i8_3.JPG

MY23 NG RZ Colours and interior[1].pdf

• Like 4

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links