Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello - Seriously considering the NX450h+

13 hours ago, Pm4 said:

Hi Andy,

I had a 450h+ gray with tan leather premium plus,since March and very happy with quietness, comfort, performance and economy as most comments above.

No problem with the sound system, is very good (expectations may vary) the Hazel leather is light but not delicate, tyres are very acceptable. 

One warning on the seats, we had a test on a sport model and were very uncomfortable for us mainly due to bolsters at shoulder level, if you are tall it may effect your neck problem, the premium plus seats are one of the most comfortable we ever had.

General quality is very, very good, if I had a negative it would be the digital technology is a bit too much (for my capabilities).

Thanks for the feedback much appreciated . I believe the dealer has all of the trim levels to try so will be interesting to see the difference in seats. Comfort and refinement are very high on our shopping list and so far it looks like the car definitely has that.

11 hours ago, AndyRC said:

Thanks for the feedback much appreciated . I believe the dealer has all of the trim levels to try so will be interesting to see the difference in seats. Comfort and refinement are very high on our shopping list and so far it looks like the car definitely has that.

Let us know what you think after your test drive.

• Like 1

Had the test drive in the FSport 450h+ and Takumi 350h. The 450 drivetrain felt  much more relaxed and refined , presumably as the electric motor is helping out, and plenty of performance for our needs.   I could feel the extra weight in the 450h+ but it didn’t detract from the drive. I was disappointed with the look of the FSport , black leather , metallic blue and black alloys , did nothing for me. Had a look at a Sonic Titanium with Dark Rose leather (would be my choice)  diamond cut alloys and what a difference. Loved just about everything but hadn’t realised how big a car it is. My garage door is 7 feet wide so should just fit. The one thing that would take some getting used to is the drive selector.  I’ve driven autos for 30 years and this is the first one I didn’t find instantly intuitive , I know I’d get used to it but definitely not my favourite feature. The suspension on the F Sport was really refined , more so than the 350. TBH I didn’t notice much difference on the settings. Before we put pen to paper I want to test  a 450h+ to be sure we are happy with the ride, the 350 wasn’t as refined but the extra weight in the 450h+ may smooth the ride. The 14 inch display is great and love the HUD. A very nice car but colour and trim choices make a huge difference to how it felt as a place to spend time. 

• Like 2

I'm glad to hear that the visit to the dealership was productive.

Obviously aspects like the exterior and interior colours, plus the way each variant feels to drive, are all subjective however one thing I would say is that I wouldn't be too concerned about the drive selector - after a few days it will become second nature. I find that I can operate it now without even glancing down at it.

All the best with your final decision - it looks you're not rushing it which is a good thing in the long run.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Andy B said:

I'm glad to hear that the visit to the dealership was productive.

Obviously aspects like the exterior and interior colours, plus the way each variant feels to drive, are all subjective however one thing I would say is that I wouldn't be too concerned about the drive selector - after a few days it will become second nature. I find that I can operate it now without even glancing down at it.

All the best with your final decision - it looks you're not rushing it which is a good thing in the long run.

Dealership are great, JRL in Hull, cars ready , fully fuelled/charged , show you around , give you the keys and say come back when you’re ready 👍 I’m sure after a few days the drive selector will become second nature , had a Merc with the column selector and got used to that quickly. I found the camera on the rear view mirror took some getting used to , swapped between that and “normal” quite a bit and couldn’t decide which I preferred, but at least the option is there. Love the 360 camera and the 14” display is great , Iphone hooked up easily and everything I wanted was there instantly 😎

I did prefer the pan roof in the 350 to the sun roof in the 450 but it won’t be a deal breaker 

• Like 3

Like you I would have preferred a pan roof having had one on my NX300H but the sunroof is OK. As has been said the gear selector becomes second nature very quickly and is a huge advance over that of the NX300H. For you -Decisions, decisions!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Ken R said:

Like you I would have preferred a pan roof having had one on my NX300H but the sunroof is OK. As has been said the gear selector becomes second nature very quickly and is a huge advance over that of the NX300H. For you -Decisions, decisions!

We’re not going to rush this one as it may well be our last car and we a keeper. Really liked all the tech on the car which worked well, and the F Sport 450h+ rode better than anything I’ve ever driven and was much less “busy” drivetrain wise than the 350h. Can’t say I noticed a massive difference in sound quality between the Levinson and the Lexus system and I did play the same tracks in both cars, I’d definitely take the Levinson and pan roof if available but not deal breakers. Waiting to see the Sonic Titanium/ Dark Rose 450 fully unwrapped as it still had all the transport protection on. 

If it’s the F Sport you are interested in dark rose interior won’t be available, Sonic Titanium comes with a different shade of red for the interior.

Dealer shots of mine below so some of the protective wrapping still showing, it is better in the flesh

image.thumb.jpeg.d6f8595b051b79a89b3f17d1801275d2.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.dccc0dea512a45dba62d563cf8f3cd41.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.167db88043afe97cfeed0b7ea98141d2.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.78ba59f1728130bda96ef9a341f92df4.jpeg

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, RXtoNX said:

If it’s the F Sport you are interested in dark rose interior won’t be available, Sonic Titanium comes with a different shade of red for the interior.

Dealer shots of mine below so some of the protective wrapping still showing, it is better in the flesh

image.thumb.jpeg.d6f8595b051b79a89b3f17d1801275d2.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.dccc0dea512a45dba62d563cf8f3cd41.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.167db88043afe97cfeed0b7ea98141d2.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.78ba59f1728130bda96ef9a341f92df4.jpeg

Beauty does indeed lie in the eyes of the beholder.👍

15 hours ago, RXtoNX said:

It’s the Takumi we’re interested in , the dealers demo car is an FSport 450h+ 👍

9 minutes ago, AndyRC said:

It’s the Takumi we’re interested in , the dealers demo car is an FSport 450h+ 👍

Assuming you mean the Takumi rather than F Sport Takumi (just a little confused since you seem to like the suspension set up in the F Sport), if it was me I would go for the dark rose interior.

We had dark rose in our previous RX and absolutely loved it. On the NX it is a slightly different shade although still very nice. There are some pics on a thread on here that have been previously posted.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RXtoNX said:

Assuming you mean the Takumi rather than F Sport Takumi (just a little confused since you seem to like the suspension set up in the F Sport), if it was me I would go for the dark rose interior.

We had dark rose in our previous RX and absolutely loved it. On the NX it is a slightly different shade although still very nice. There are some pics on a thread on here that have been previously posted.

Yes, the Takumi spec is the one I like, hopefully having a look at a 450h+ in sonic titanium with dark rose this weekend before it’s collected by the lucky owner on Monday.  Saw it with all the transportation protection on tucked in a corner of a car park so looking forward to seeing it fully unwrapped 😎

• Like 1

Thanks, interesting opinions, how did you find the seats?

I can also confirm that I didn't like the shift ither  but got used to it within a couple of weeks .

Same as others, gear lever was strange at first but managed to find it second nature after a day or so, just like when I had one of the first Jag XF’s with the rotary selector.

The one thing that did take some getting used to was pressing the dimpled bit on the interior door lever to open the door. Always wanted to pull the lever for a few weeks🙄

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RXtoNX said:

Same as others, gear lever was strange at first but managed to find it second nature after a day or so, just like when I had one of the first Jag XF’s with the rotary selector.

The one thing that did take some getting used to was pressing the dimpled bit on the interior door lever to open the door. Always wanted to pull the lever for a few weeks🙄

Must admit I never fully got how to open the doors on the test drives but I think it was just a case of being too quick. 

Door handles are OK when you get used to them but it's a pain trying to explain to passengers how to get out of the car !

I'm not sure why some people don't like the gear selector,  I think it's nice to use.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Addh said:

Door handles are OK when you get used to them but it's a pain trying to explain to passengers how to get out of the car !

As one who has no idea what is different about them, can anyone explain what is special about these?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moleman said:

As one who has no idea what is different about them, can anyone explain what is special about these?

In nearly all cars, one pulls a handle to open the door. On the NX, it's a push button. If there is, say, a bicycle coming up the inside, the door is prevented from opening. I quickly got use to this but as I have only the occasional passenger, they usually struggle to get out.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, AndyRC said:

Must admit I never fully got how to open the doors on the test drives but I think it was just a case of being too quick. 

You'll quickly get used to the door handles too. Like the gear selector they will become second nature - so much so that when I'm exiting my wife's Kia I try to open the door in the same way 😕

• Like 2

Don’t get me wrong, I’m sure the drive selector becomes second nature, but it’s the only auto I’ve managed to accidentally select neutral on when shifting between Sport and Drive on a test drive. Not being able to fling the doors open is no bad thing , as an ex cyclist it’s not always possible to give parked cars 1.5m clearance and I’ve had many near misses and several fiends put in hospital as a result of being hit with a car door. 

26 minutes ago, javadude said:

If electric range and economy are a large part of the decision then how about the RZ?

I’ve not ruled out going full BEV , I’m still waiting for a demo drive in the bZ4X as soon as Toyota have fixed the “wheels, potentially, falling off” issue which has grounded the demo fleet and customer cars. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links