Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I have only gone and done it!

RevPhilip

Last week I bought this and it has finally stopped raining enough for me to wash it and take some photos! 

There was no owners manual with it, so I could be asking a lot of questions about how everything works…sorry in advance. 

84E96FE2-F216-4D7E-8574-5F0B1967265C.jpeg

4C469B49-99B1-4AD2-93E1-A82C649E3863.jpeg

F7C42F96-8F07-481B-99DA-9A3374F434E0.jpeg

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, RevPhilip said:

Last week I bought this and it has finally stopped raining enough for me to wash it and take some photos! 

There was no owners manual with it, so I could be asking a lot of questions about how everything works…sorry in advance. 

D5511627-E0FC-4BCC-8FAA-8DB3F0CBA3A1.jpeg

4A066F14-E750-4FE9-A705-3D0E7C5C61CB.jpeg

84E96FE2-F216-4D7E-8574-5F0B1967265C.jpeg

https://www.lexus.eu/owners/about-my-lexus/manuals/#hero

• Like 1

Hi Philip

Yes it looks a beautiful car, so much that they must be women! I know mine is contrary so that would fit (but don't tell the Mrs).

Don't worry about asking questions we have all done that and some like me never stop! 😆

There is a UK handbook on for sale on eBay but it appears to be in poor condition and its £30!. Perhaps one of the company's who advertise they are breaking SC's have a handbook pack, may be worth messaging them.

Regards, Anthony

2 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

It is beautiful Philip.

What sort of warranty did the Seller give you ?

I only got one month. He’s a small dealer. The car has been serviced every year, all at Lexus but the last two. I have about 6 years of receipts for all worked carried out. I just need to keep at eye on the expansion tank and or radiator, in the next month, as that’s my only concern. The car has 119,000 miles which I am told is nothing for these cars. It’s an 06 on the cheaper tax! 

it’s booked into Lexus Hatfield for a free health check next Monday. 

2 hours ago, Russ59 said:

Looks a nice car Philip.

You need to do something with those peashooters😉😉

They don’t look original so doubt original tips would fit on them🤔🤔

I can live with the “peashooters” for the time being…. 😂🤣 I might wait till I have to do something with the exhaust then sort it all out. 

16 minutes ago, Lexiguy said:

Hi Philip

Yes it looks a beautiful car, so much that they must be women! I know mine is contrary so that would fit (but don't tell the Mrs).

Don't worry about asking questions we have all done that and some like me never stop! 😆

There is a UK handbook on for sale on ebay but it appears to be in poor condition and its £30!. Perhaps one of the company's who advertise they are breaking SC's have a handbook pack, may be worth messaging them.

Regards, Anthony

Thanks Antony. I can find out what I need from on line manuals, but it would be nice to have a real paper one.

So….my first question is…what are the two brown lines in the middle of the front windscreen for? They go from top to bottom of the screen. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RevPhilip said:

Thanks Antony. I can find out what I need from on line manuals, but it would be nice to have a real paper one.

So….my first question is…what are the two brown lines in the middle of the front windscreen for? They go from top to bottom of the screen. 

It's a radio aerial, the car has two for improved reception.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, RevPhilip said:

I only got one month. He’s a small dealer. The car has been serviced every year, all at Lexus but the last two. I have about 6 years of receipts for all worked carried out. I just need to keep at eye on the expansion tank and or radiator, in the next month, as that’s my only concern. The car has 119,000 miles which I am told is nothing for these cars. It’s an 06 on the cheaper tax! 

That is a very good idea Philip.

The Dealer my have only given you one month but he remains responsible at Law for ANY significant problem which arises within 6 months of your purchase.

Please let us all know how you get on.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Lexiguy said:

Hi Philip

There is a UK handbook on for sale on ebay but it appears to be in poor condition and its £30!. Perhaps one of the company's who advertise they are breaking SC's have a handbook pack, may be worth messaging them.

Regards, Anthony

Best snap this owners hand book up quick as they are rare to come by now . Sadly no longer sold by Lexus .

• Like 2

15 hours ago, RevPhilip said:

(An 'outside the box' suggestion)

Would your local library(ies) have a copy of a workshop manual??    If they do, they may be willing to part with one?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Bob King said:

Congratulations on your purchase Philip…and I see in the best colour 😎

Paint code will be 8P4…colour …Montrose Blue 👍🏻

Thank you for the paint code 👍

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links