Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi everyone and hope you're well. After cleaning the inside of my new (to me) LS430, which involved a bit of elbow grease and plenty of Maguire's as well as valet foam and soap powder, I'm in a slight bit of a dilemma regards mats. It didn't come with any and the interior is the lovely (and easily dirty) cream.

I've searched eBay and the originals seem way overpriced, even used (which I don't plan on getting as they look filthy). I've looked at a few (well, two) that appear to be custom made and are giving it the full sales pitch. I also plan on restoring the car as much as I can so me or someone gets another 10 or 15 years out of it.

The mats I've seen don't come with gromets but do imply that they're 'Lexus approved/advised carpet material', etc etc. If I just went with one of these (is black gonna look daft in a cream car 🙂 ) and they come without the gromets to fasten to the floor at the front, are gromets easy to come by.

Generally just thoughts and experiences of thwse interiors and mats please... Is cheap gonna mean they keep slipping all over the place. Any recommended manufacturers where the regulars would go to (on a slight budget).

Thanks...

I have the cream mats in my car and although not spotless, they are the original so 18 years old. I bought a set of black mats that do have the grommets which are in the car now for the winter. They fit great and help keep the cream ones from being ruined. 

• Like 1

I've always used https://www.carmats-uk.com/ (not to be confused with any other manufacturers with a similar name). I've probably bought at least half a dozen sets off them. When I had my LS 400 they didn't have that model listed and I popped down to Mansfield and did a made to measure set for the same price as the ones listed on their site. Recommended.

Probably more detail somewhere in here

• Like 1

On 11/3/2022 at 10:06 AM, cruisermark said:

I have a spare set of used black original ls430 mats - £35 inc postage ifyou want

Hi Mark. Might be interested mate.  Are you close enough to Yorkshire that I won't end up paying much extra on postage - sorry for sounding like I'm on a budget, but I am 😊

Any chance of some pics please.

Sorry, I just reread your post that the postage is included. No harm in me collecting em if you're close by (and keeping the payment to £35). Anyone know where to grab the gromets without paying Lexus prices. As my floor doesn't have em...

• Like 1

Yes please @cruisermark and as long as the mats are in decent condition I will take them please. If yours are looking a bit tired I will probably end up going for the brandnew ones you sent me a link for as I feel there's a certain satisfaction in putting brandnew original mats in a 22 year old car 🙂

I will take them securing clips regardless please mark, thanks...

Thanks Mark. They look in very good nick. I'll take em please. Hopefully you'll be ahppy for me to send across the money on Monday as that's pay day.

Really appreciate it. Is there only enough gromets for the one mat and are they easy to apply. Thanks again and PM about how to pay pls.

On 11/5/2022 at 4:47 PM, Redefined said:

Thanks again and PM about how to pay pls.

you can send me a cheque if you wanted  ................ 😁

Malc

• Like 2

Shafiq, there should be 2 metal rings in the carpet on each side. The clips push down into those.
Mine had lost the 2 metal rings on the drivers side and fitting new ones requires major disassembly to get at the underside of the carpet, so I just haven't bothered.

• Like 1

On 11/10/2022 at 3:55 PM, BigBoomer said:

Shafiq, there should be 2 metal rings in the carpet on each side. The clips push down into those.
Mine had lost the 2 metal rings on the drivers side and fitting new ones requires major disassembly to get at the underside of the carpet, so I just haven't bothered.

And that, explains why I couldn't get the clips I have to fit - no metal rings to be seen 😆

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links