Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

GThaus front + mid pipe for RCF

Hello family,

It’s been over a year that I have Quicksilver muffler for my RCF I like the sound of it, I am tempted to have the front and mid pipe of GThuas.

what you guys think? I really appreciate if any of you guys share your knowledge in terms of the pros and cons or anything? Thanks 🙂

https://gthaus.com/product/cat-back-lsr-pipe-front-mid-section-sus/

Interesting read on the website claiming some wild HP gains from their full system.   I’ve got a Hayward and Scott rear section on my car and am also considering going down this route for cat removal.  I assume it bolts on to any exhaust that uses OEM mounting type/position?

Apexi also do one I believe.

• Like 1

A few things:

When I say it's loud, it is a monster, the mid pipe is a decat (more on that further down) so I hope you have forgiving neighbours for cold starts or live in the middle of nowhere. Although the back boxes are valved (if purchased too), it is still damn loud.

They should slip onto your OEM system fine and utilise existing exhaust mounts etc. Running the wires/ hoses for the back box valves is the only fiddly bit that you need to work out where you want routed.

It will drone, but if you are good at caressing the throttle and keeping at a certain RPM when cruising it could be fine, or just play your music loud haha!

The decat. Everyone and their mums cat has got an opinion BUT, it is an MOT failure. Although many cars will pass emissions tests without secondary cats, the wording is ANY modification of OEM emissions equipment is a failure (regardless of a passed emission test). Now, whether your average garage KNOWS that the secondary cats are missing and/ or cares is another discussion. That is for you to make your peace with either way 🙂

My only true negative was, my one had the valves seize open on the back boxes, simply because I never closed them. So periodic opening and closing may prevent this, or possibly I was just unlucky.

Now the great bits as alluded to in my opening statement, its LOUD! You really unleash the NA V8, the idle is magnificent and low rev rumbles are just superb, bouncing off the limiter is beyond a dream. If you like NA V8's, then this exhaust will make you feel whole haha! It will be a talking point amongst car people, you'll get chatting to other V8 lovers, just because engine go brrrr 😛

• Like 3

14 hours ago, hockeyedwards said:

A few things:

When I say it's loud, it is a monster, the mid pipe is a decat (more on that further down) so I hope you have forgiving neighbours for cold starts or live in the middle of nowhere. Although the back boxes are valved (if purchased too), it is still damn loud.

They should slip onto your OEM system fine and utilise existing exhaust mounts etc. Running the wires/ hoses for the back box valves is the only fiddly bit that you need to work out where you want routed.

It will drone, but if you are good at caressing the throttle and keeping at a certain RPM when cruising it could be fine, or just play your music loud haha!

The decat. Everyone and their mums cat has got an opinion BUT, it is an MOT failure. Although many cars will pass emissions tests without secondary cats, the wording is ANY modification of OEM emissions equipment is a failure (regardless of a passed emission test). Now, whether your average garage KNOWS that the secondary cats are missing and/ or cares is another discussion. That is for you to make your peace with either way 🙂

My only true negative was, my one had the valves seize open on the back boxes, simply because I never closed them. So periodic opening and closing may prevent this, or possibly I was just unlucky.

Now the great bits as alluded to in my opening statement, its LOUD! You really unleash the NA V8, the idle is magnificent and low rev rumbles are just superb, bouncing off the limiter is beyond a dream. If you like NA V8's, then this exhaust will make you feel whole haha! It will be a talking point amongst car people, you'll get chatting to other V8 lovers, just because engine go brrrr 😛

Wow, thanks for your feedback mate:) I am too excited now after reading your feedback and looking forward to getting it soon I have the Quicksilver back boxes as you mentioned/ muffler so with GThaus front pipes I bet it will be super loud  lol

I have spoken with a local garage and they will install for me and I was told MOT will be fine well they are going to do it for me. 

If I take the car to the dealership for yearly service it should be fine right? I will not do MOT the dealership just the service.

I had mine serviced with Lexus this August with Invidia full system fitted, no problems at all.

The video they do simply said "...and I can see a nice new stainless exhaust system has been fitted so no issues there"

I enquired about Relax warranty and they said they will continue to cover all parts which are NOT aftermarket - but you are alikely aware of this having fitted the QS already...

PS I have heard @hockeyedwards car in the flesh and it sounds epic! But yes, very loud 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, hockeyedwards said:

Still not fixed it? lol "Summer job"

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, BillNick said:

I had mine serviced with Lexus this August with Invidia full system fitted, no problems at all.

The video they do simply said "...and I can see a nice new stainless exhaust system has been fitted so no issues there"

I enquired about Relax warranty and they said they will continue to cover all parts which are NOT aftermarket - but you are alikely aware of this having fitted the QS already...

PS I have heard @hockeyedwards car in the flesh and it sounds epic! But yes, very loud 🙂

Thanks, it's nice to know you did the service with a Lexus dealership and it was fine with them, did you do MOT too or it was just the service? 

11 minutes ago, BillNick said:

Just a service.

I am yet to MOT with it fitted, but I will be going where my Brother used to work for that when it comes in March - just in case.

Ah got it 🙂 how's your exhaust? Are you enjoying it?

Absolutely! I am told by US owners that the Invidia is the tamest of the aftermarket systems but that was what I was after.

The OEM exhaust just has no drama about it AT ALL and for me there wasnt any point owning my first V8 without the soundtrack to go with it.

The Invidia is the perfect balance of OEM and theatre. Epic cold starts, nice rumble on tick over, no drone at all but let's rip when opened up, love it! I actually had the QS rear boxes before hand and although great soundtrack, they just didnt seem to match up to the Lexus level of quality that the rest of the car does.

The Invidia feels to me as if Lexus fitted it 🙂

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BillNick said:

Here’s a little taster my friend filmed as I left his...

Sorry what I just saw is insane😂 wow,

which Invidia system do you have?

How it sounds in low revs compared to QS back box only?

Haha thanks, I will never go back that's for sure.

Invidia only make 1 system for the RCF, I believe they call it the Q300. Only a couple of us here in the UK have one as its imported from US. Well worth the wait.

So vs the QS I find it much more 'refined'. There is not drone or hum/vibration through the cabin like I found with the QS at low revs. The QS was awesome when driving it hard, but pottering around town started to grate on me to be honest. Especially when trying to go up a hill at 30/40mph, that went right through me.

The Invidia has the V8 burble as it drives past you at low revs, still makes people look - but its not AMG of course.

High revs it does scream, very raspy sound. Will bang/clap on quick gear changes and of course off the limiter too :-).

You will find the GT Haus quite a bit louder than that video of my Invidia.

• Like 1

Servicing will be fine with Lexus, warranty will also be fine as long as the aftermarket part does not cause the fault/ failure, i.e the brake caliper has a problem... hardly related to an aftermarket exhaust!

Only other thing I didn't mention was insurance, just make sure you update them/ get a quote including the system.

@Hatat I will try and find the old uploads of mine for cold start/ drive bys etc 🙂

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, BillNick said:

Haha thanks, I will never go back that's for sure.

Invidia only make 1 system for the RCF, I believe they call it the Q300. Only a couple of us here in the UK have one as its imported from US. Well worth the wait.

So vs the QS I find it much more 'refined'. There is not drone or hum/vibration through the cabin like I found with the QS at low revs. The QS was awesome when driving it hard, but pottering around town started to grate on me to be honest. Especially when trying to go up a hill at 30/40mph, that went right through me.

The Invidia has the V8 burble as it drives past you at low revs, still makes people look - but its not AMG of course.

High revs it does scream, very raspy sound. Will bang/clap on quick gear changes and of course off the limiter too :-).

You will find the GT Haus quite a bit louder than that video of my Invidia.

Thanks, well I am just ordering the mid pipe of the GTHaus and keeping the QS back box. You are spot on with the QS problems if I may say, the QS hill drive of 30 to 40m/h is so annoying for me too.

your vid made me think honestly as the GTHaus mid pipe almost cost me the full system of Invidia Mm it’s something I should think lol

what you think of GTHaus mid pipe and keeping QS back box ? 

2 minutes ago, hockeyedwards said:

Servicing will be fine with Lexus, warranty will also be fine as long as the aftermarket part does not cause the fault/ failure, i.e the brake caliper has a problem... hardly related to an aftermarket exhaust!

Only other thing I didn't mention was insurance, just make sure you update them/ get a quote including the system.

@Hatat I will try and find the old uploads of mine for cold start/ drive bys etc 🙂

Thanks, my insurance already covers after market exhaust. What you think of ordering GTHaus mid pipe and keeping QS back box? 

3 minutes ago, Hatat said:

Thanks, well I am just ordering the mid pipe of the GTHaus and keeping the QS back box. You are spot on with the QS problems if I may say, the QS hill drive of 30 to 40m/h is so annoying for me too.

your vid made me think honestly as the GTHaus mid pipe almost cost me the full system of Invidia Mm it’s something I should think lol

what you think of GTHaus mid pipe and keeping QS back box ? 

I think if you are after louder than my video with a lot more drama then stick with your plan.

If you would like something a little more discreet but still sounding great on tap, then perhaps look at the GT Haus with valved silencers?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hatat said:

Thanks, my insurance already covers after market exhaust. What you think of ordering GTHaus mid pipe and keeping QS back box? 

QS backbox has been good from what owners have said and what I've heard. I think it'll be loud and you'll have to get used to 'loud all the time' as you have no valves. The mid pip really does give you the biggest noise gain due to the decat. Unless you get headers, which then just make it on the bonkers end of the spectrum. Clips above 😄

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hockeyedwards said:

QS backbox has been good from what owners have said and what I've heard. I think it'll be loud and you'll have to get used to 'loud all the time' as you have no valves. The mid pip really does give you the biggest noise gain due to the decat. Unless you get headers, which then just make it on the bonkers end of the spectrum. Clips above 😄

These vids are bonkers mate for real 😀😀 cheers! 

22 hours ago, hockeyedwards said:

When I say it's loud, it is a monster

He's not kidding, I've heard Kieran's car in person and it must be one of the loudest exhausts I've ever heard. For many people it would be far too much. You have been warned! 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Rob RCF said:

He's not kidding, I've heard Kieran's car in person and it must be one of the loudest exhausts I've ever heard. For many people it would be far too much. You have been warned! 😄

I have a feeling he has the full GTHaus system so that’s why his is very loud but mine would just mid pipe with QS back box so maybe it won’t be that loud 😂😂

On 11/30/2022 at 5:24 PM, hockeyedwards said:

I went and purchase the mid pipe there is a 3 weeks waiting as they don’t have it in stock, so let's see how the GThaus mid pipe and QS back box combo works? That would be an exciting experiment for me not for my neighbours of course 😆

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Hello family,

Just a quick update on installing the GThous mid pipe with the Quicksilver backbox for almost nine months now. I love the car it drives a lot faster now I have to say god knows about the HP gains but it is way faster than it was and the gear shifts are much quicker in auto mode doesn't hold on higher gears. It sounds like a beast People can hear it for miles at least that's what I have been told.

Cold start I have to put on the gear straight when I turn it on to get the noise down else neighbours will kill me.

On the motorway, the downshifts on paddle shifters are out of this world!

Keep revving guys cheers!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links