Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Owner, Pick RC-F up Tomorrow

Howdy Folks,

Been a member of the forum for some time (but rarely post). Been a fan of Lexus ever since I can remember. 

I've owned;

CT200h (since 2012, traded this in for the RC-F)

SC430 (2003)

RX450h (2013)

RX450h (Just bought this last month, traded in the old RX450h).

I collected my new RX450h and had a chat with the salesman and was telling him that my dream car is a RC-F, has been ever since I first seen one and that I've been squirreling money by to get one for my 40th.

Got a call yesterday from Lexus Glasgow telling me there's a 2015 with 6600miles (yes that's 6600!) and would I like to have a shot. Response was of course but if I drive it I'll want it but couldn't resist. 

Salesman turned up at my work in it with a fuel card in hand and the full day available so off we went on a mini trip.

Long story short (or slightly less longer) I fell in love with that engine and told him thay I'd take it pending a thumbs up from my wife.

Been reading you folks stories, mods ect and can't wait to collect the car tomorrow. My wife is also delighted as she now has the RX450h I just got and somehow also managed to make me agree to a bathroom refit in the deal.... not sure how that happened!

Plans straight away are a full detail, ceramic coating and PPF (that's what I do for a living so will enjoy working on my own car, albeit the next slot I can get it in with myself is mid January), spacers, back box and wheel refurb as I am not a fan of diamond cut finishes. 

Anyway thanks for reading, I'll be vlogging some of the antics and work on the car as I use YouTube a lot for my work so might help some of you out in the future should you do the same mods.

Ross

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Welcome & a great choice, had my RCF since 2018 & still love it.  First car I’ve ever owned I have decided to keep for the long term.

They are a great car, but you may want to consider changing the rear exhaust boxes to get the full V8 experience from low revs - all the F’s are a little quiet in standard form until the 2nd inlet opens at around 3500rpm.  Didn’t do this with my previous ISF & regretted it so did it straight away with the RCF & have never looked back!

Hope you have many miles of enjoyment.

• Like 2

Congrats on your impending purchase and welcome to F club! A truly great car and becoming an ever popular choice for dino juice enthusiasts 😛 Plenty of reading available on the forums re: mods/ upgrades, but as always feel free to ask questions!

I had a CT as my sensible car back when we were purchasing the house and buying all things that go with them, but as soon as finances settled, it was traded in for my F, so a fair jump!

Had an SC430 in the family back when I was a kid, lovely car. My dad had 3 gens of RX and never had a single issue with any, really bomb proof, so as you'll know, the wife is safe with that!

Jealous you can PPF your own car, mildly amusing that you can't get time with yourself though 🤣, echo the sentiments above, times to put some miles on that V8 and enjoy the endless grins they'll bring!!!

Oh and some obligatory pics are required when you get it 😉

• Like 1

Congrats 👍🏻 ive seen your YouTube vids on the sc430… nice to know thes another F owner in Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 👍🏻

ive had my F for 3yrs 9mths and loved every minute of it….enjoy 

• Like 1

On 12/1/2022 at 8:22 PM, DAW said:

First car I’ve ever owned I have decided to keep for the long term.

Me too. 7yrs 3 months and counting

• Like 2

Hey Folks,

I collected the RCF early afternoon and all I can say is wow. Definitely made the right decision to pull the trigger.

@hockeyedwards my mates all find it funny that I need to "book" a slot in with myself. But the slot I had for the RX has just been passed to the RCF so won't be too long till I can spend some time doing what I love with the added enjoyment of it being my own car.

@mr2lad thanks, I liked the SC430 and was bought on a bit of a whim. Jeez you sure get a lot of hate from the, how should I put it, old guard, when modding them. The F folk seem a lot friendlier and open to customise their car for how they want it.

By the time I got home after going the very very scenic route home it was dark but I'll get some pictures up tomorrow. 

Would be curious if anyone knew the previous owner of "M7 TAG"

2015, 6600 miles with 7 stamps from Lexus Glasgow and the interior (bearing in mind my job I am hard to please) looks like nobody has ever sat inside, still has the factory protective film over the sills, badges etc.

Would be good to let them know their old cared for car is in equally caring hands.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/1/2022 at 9:16 PM, mr2lad said:

Congrats 👍🏻 ive seen your YouTube vids on the sc430… nice to know thes another F owner in Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 👍🏻

ive had my F for 3yrs 9mths and loved every minute of it….enjoy 

There are a few of us now, Glasgow is only a 90mins drive too!

Could do with a PPF front end!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Jgtcracer said:

There are a few of us now, Glasgow is only a 90mins drive too!

Could do with a PPF front end!

3 and a half hours drive south for me 😂 

@Blackbeard yep re the SC, i dont like them OEM standard so highly modified mine, but after getting the RC F i didnt use the SC even on a bright hot sunny day…so got rid 

0FB84497-7B09-423F-90C4-C2D8AFF080D4.jpeg

You will not regret the RCF. I used to have many Audi V8 and Merc. But this one I promised myself not to mod until 1 year of ownership (to see if I like it or not). And one year later I love this car so much even more and more so decide to change the exhaust, refurbish alloys and paint in bronze, same with silver trims + decent window tinting. I am afraid this is just the beginning:)

• Like 1

Well I spend the morning giving the car a quick going over and I'm over the moon with it.

Fluids and tyre pressures checked (pressures were all over the place) then spent most of the day drinking coffee and staring at it lol

Here's  few pictures, please ignore the toys all over my workshop it's for a charity thing this weekend.

20221203_104908.thumb.jpg.2d60b978d860b15a9a268ff4fb605f3d.jpg

20221203_152523.thumb.jpg.781c89329e96db3ce0ca9bc36d1c1244.jpg

20221203_152547.thumb.jpg.14a716376a762688f4e030abf345a0fa.jpg

• Like 8

Welcome, nice RCF, I don't think I've seen a silver one before! Not too sure about the oversized plate, a bit distracting imo.

6600 is absurdly low mileage for a 2015 car, it's barely been driven! I thought my 2016 was low for only having 21k miles lol.

Enjoy it! They are special cars.

Btw, I'm not too sure about the oversized plate on the rear, a bit distracting imo.

• Like 1

On 12/6/2022 at 9:34 PM, Rob RCF said:

Welcome, nice RCF, I don't think I've seen a silver one before! Not too sure about the oversized plate, a bit distracting imo.

6600 is absurdly low mileage for a 2015 car, it's barely been driven! I thought my 2016 was low for only having 21k miles lol.

Enjoy it! They are special cars.

Btw, I'm not too sure about the oversized plate on the rear, a bit distracting imo.

Thanks, I couldn't believe it when the dealer called and with the low miles. Even has 7 dealership service stamps between Lexus Edinburgh and Glasgow.

The car came with a private plate (no use to me so will sell it on) and once I get the retention through for mine I'll get it swapped over to a normal sized plate.

Already put 400 miles on it as it's my daily so the miles will soon climb up but loving it so far (although the 17mpg is a sore one, half of what the RX450h gets lol).

On 12/5/2022 at 12:45 PM, BillNick said:

Congratulations, welcome to the F club.

Now get some miles on that car for the love of god LOL

LOADS of content on here for questions, as well as a couple of decent Facebook groups.

Enjoy

What's the recommended FB groups and I'll get added up?

Hey Folks,

First off thanks for the warm welcome to the F Club. Had the RCF for 10 days now and I am so pleased I went for it. The plan was always to stick money by then get one in 3 years for my 40th (also just bought a new RX450h the month prior so took a bit of convincing my wife to get another car as I had to get it on finance) however with the condition and so low miles I couldn't let it pass me by.

No issues other than brake squeel when coming to a slow stop (like in a drive through/crawling in slow traffic) but I have seen other posts about this and appears normal. MPG is sitting around 17, again I knew it was going to be thirsty but hopefully this is just the new car heavy foot (got to enjoy that V8) and de-icing in the morning, hopefully settles in the low 20's.

How do others find the heated seats? Mine barely gets decent heat into it, my past few RX's and CT seat was really quite warm when turned on full but the RCF seems to be much colder and never seems to get really hot compared to the others.

All in I am delighted and managed to get a slot to book it in with myself mid January for some detailing, ceramic and PPF (also might play with putting carbon wrap on the bonnet, roof and spoiler to see how that looks) and then take it from there.

Thanks,

Ross

38 minutes ago, Blackbeard said:

What's the recommended FB groups and I'll get added up?

You have:

Lexus RCF Owners

Community F

UK Lexus RC Owners

Lexus Owners Club UK

The top 2 are prob 90% US members but still lots of help assistance and mod ideas I follow daily.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Blackbeard, you are definitely suffering/ enjoying right foot fever 😉, I drove mine into single digit MPG when first getting it, now get mid 20's on the daily and 30's on motorway cruises.

you can mitigate any brake squeal and the well known excessive brake dust from the stock pads by swapping them out, good few of us have EBC reds with no complaints, OEM stopping performance with no squeal and much less dust, there are of course, other options out there.

heated seats are fine if i am in spring/ summer wear, but would say compared to the wifes NX lack in 'power' when I have a jacket or thick jumper on...

re: your carbon idea, look up RC F Carbons on le google or autotrader, they came with said features, so might save you some hassle/ labour to find out you don't like it!

7 hours ago, hockeyedwards said:

@Blackbeard, you are definitely suffering/ enjoying right foot fever 😉, I drove mine into single digit MPG when first getting it, now get mid 20's on the daily and 30's on motorway cruises.

you can mitigate any brake squeal and the well known excessive brake dust from the stock pads by swapping them out, good few of us have EBC reds with no complaints, OEM stopping performance with no squeal and much less dust, there are of course, other options out there.

heated seats are fine if i am in spring/ summer wear, but would say compared to the wifes NX lack in 'power' when I have a jacket or thick jumper on...

re: your carbon idea, look up RC F Carbons on le google or autotrader, they came with said features, so might save you some hassle/ labour to find out you don't like it!

Believe it or not I have a RC-F carbon model car that I ordered from Japan a good few years ago, think thats why I am keen on seeing it dressed in carbon lol

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Blackbeard said:

Believe it or not I have a RC-F carbon model car that I ordered from Japan a good few years ago, think thats why I am keen on seeing it dressed in carbon lol

Really like the option America got to have carbon roof and rear spoiler, not so sure on the bonnet.  Have the carbon wraps moved on to the point that the quality is really good nowadays?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links