Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Is300h Recall (Spotted Dec 2022)

2 hours ago, matt8 said:

I guess the picture is not representative of the actual product as the IS3 needs just the two front blades.

But good to know as I'm getting streaks with my brand new Denso ones!

Yeah i think the images are generic. But i would recommend cleaning the wiper blade with a clean cloth and also giving your glass a wipe with rubbing alcohol to remove any wax or other protective sprays that may have got sprayed on the glass by accident. If that doesn't work then try getting new denso ones as a replacement claiming the current ones as defective. I don't think you should be spending more if you just got new ones. The original lexus ones are the same densos anyway. 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Notamech said:

Yeah i think the images are generic. But i would recommend cleaning the wiper blade with a clean cloth and also giving your glass a wipe with rubbing alcohol to remove any wax or other protective sprays that may have got sprayed on the glass by accident. If that doesn't work then try getting new denso ones as a replacement claiming the current ones as defective. I don't think you should be spending more if you just got new ones. The original lexus ones are the same densos anyway. 

Lexus now fit wiper blades branded as Toyota Optifit Uniblades covering all of their cars (and Toyota cars) - both as original fitment to new cars and as replacements. I had these fitted last time by my Lexus dealer to my IS 300h a couple of years ago. They are a bit different to the Lexus OEM ones I had on previously and so don't know whether these new style blades are still manufactured by Denso or not - certainly no Denso branding on them. However they have performed well. 

• Thanks 1

Hi, re recall ... I receied a letter from Standards etc; for the fuel pipe mod. 

I booked in at Lexus and they needed a £ hour slot ... but it was all free of charge.

Seems a long time before being spotted, as I have jad 3 of these IS 3ooh and this is firt problem.

Only other problem is getting snow chains on due to low nature!

On 3/29/2023 at 7:02 PM, Mr_Groundhog said:

So you mean the dealership being Marshalls is a good or a bad thing? All my nearby dealerships are Marshalls... 

Well Marshals are not giving anything away!  I'm sure they are not "bad" but others having the recall at other dealer groups are getting freebies, but Marshalls give nothing and are suggesting they will start charging for courtesy cars.

Really don't understand why Lexus operate fixed price servicing but allow dealers to vary their offering - the experience should be the same regardless of which name is over the door

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Mikey B said:

Well Marshals are not giving anything away!  I'm sure they are not "bad" but others having the recall at other dealer groups are getting freebies, but Marshalls give nothing and are suggesting they will start charging for courtesy cars.

Really don't understand why Lexus operate fixed price servicing but allow dealers to vary their offering - the experience should be the same regardless of which name is over the door

yeah totally agree....defeats the purpose of fixed pricing.

So far so good for me, touch wood. I had the dashcam fitted the other day and I got a nearly-new NX for the day at no extra cost.

• 2 weeks later...

Had the fuel tank vent tube recall done yesterday on my 2104 reg IS 300h along with it's 130k mile service. Everything handled smoothly by the dealer and completed on time for me to pick up. The car was washed and cleaned as usual. Didn't get any free fuel or other goodies as some others have at different dealerships but not too concerned as the overall experience was positive.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 1/13/2023 at 8:28 PM, wharfhouse said:

Mine is listed for a recall but but not had anything yet from Lexus to book it in. 

My car is also going in for the same recall. Nothing to worry about, the note about quarter of a tank is probably about weight and fire risks in the workshops.

• 1 month later...

Recall was done yesterday by Lexus in Liverpool, along with the annual service. They also put £20 of fuel in the car as a goodwill gesture:)

Just found out my car has the outstanding recall, rang Lexus Cheltenham they said part takes about 1 month to arrive so it’s booked in for 6th September, you would have thought they would keep one in stock for recalls.

Dell

• 1 month later...

As alluded to by others on the thread, the fix does simply involve removal of the rear seat and replacement of the part shown (which is on the drivers side) below. They might flip the bonnet for some other checks or just because they do a basic safety inspection of the entire vehicle when performing the recall fix anyway (and so if tyres/wipers etc need replacing, they can offer/sell you this I guess).

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links