Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

C63 (6.2) AMG OR RCF

Hi all 

I'm hoping to pick someones brain about the dilemma I have. 

I am now in a position to buy myself something special. I have narrowed it down to the C63 (W204 6.2) or an RCF.

Has anyone on here owned both? 

What are your thoughts?

Thank you for your help in advanve :)

2 minutes ago, JDF said:

Hi all 

I'm hoping to pick someones brain about the dilemma I have. 

I am now in a position to buy myself something special. I have narrowed it down to the C63 (W204 6.2) or an RCF.

Has anyone on here owned both? 

What are your thoughts?

Thank you for your help in advanve 🙂

Somewhere in my past I had a SL 63 with that wonderful N/A engine loved it to bits.

I guess you have done your research on the head bolt issue which could lead to the engine getting hydolocked, I never experienced any such problems but it was always in the back of my mind.

The RCF is pretty bombproof and I believe a lot less worry and money.

A test drive in both is essential in my opinion. I did test drive the later twin turbo replacement to the N/A engine it was brutal and made even more noise and by all accounts a little less prone to issues.

If you want a capable driver’s car, go RCF. The 204 is not a great handling car - and I never really rated my W205 63 either.

If you want noise, go Mercedes. I don’t know of a Lexus V8 that delivers great sound without compromises (exception being the LC500).

The C63 saloon was a strong contender when I ended up buying my  IS-F. Three things tipped the balance:

1) The running costs for the C63, especially warranty, were much higher.

2) Perceived reliability

3) Contrasting experience with Lexus and Mercedes dealerships here in the NW over the years. 

4) Purchase price for comparable age and mileage cars

Actually that is four things....

41 minutes ago, DamianLEX said:

I believe point nr 4 has reversed recently.

I mean and older c63 you can buy for peanuts where ISF not really… 

Yeah, but what's more special? AMGs have been selling for decades, IS-F is only one. Rarity factor reflects on prices. @JDF you will be way better off with the RC-F in the long run. 10 year warranty is also a no brainer really..

More special is the quality of parts used to build ISF. Something like late 80s/early 90s. 
Let’s be honest, who buys a mid size saloon to be sure he/she is always faster 0-60? When they are new and mostly leased then many, but it reverses when cars get older. 
then you think about having a proper warranty (like you mentioned 10Y with Lexus), or not spending fortune for basic maintenance. 
I recently changed front discs and pads for brembo ones in my RCF and the cost was ridiculously low. Pair of decent shoes cost more:) And now compare it to a money pit like for example RS6 or some basic Aston…

Its like tasting few girls before marriage.

I tried few German competitors but will never look back now.  I found my beloved brand and looks like it’s not only me here. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links