Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2023 Lexus NX with Nanoe X

https://media.lexus.co.uk/breathe-easy-feel-great-inside-your-lexus-with-nanoe-x/

Any one with definitive information that this is coming to 2023 NX? I don't really know how does it work and how effective it is but I am a bit under the weather at the moment so such a technology appeals more sense right now😜. Anyone with experience living with it kindly welcome to share their experiences. 

Would have asked my dealer but the one dealing with me isn't back in office until 2023.

2 hours ago, Spock66 said:

I find you don't get any nasty smells from the aircon which I have had in previous cars, especially when first switched on in hot conditions.

I wonder how that works? The Nanoe unit discharges the ions into the outlet of the driver's side dash vent, so at the end of the airflow?

If one has the climate control set to Auto (from Lexus.eu doc)

Fresh Air Introduction While Parking System
i. While parking, fresh air introduction mode is automatically selected to enhance ventilation
and reduce any odor remaining in the air conditioning unit, thus odor during engine start-up
is minimized.

I'm not sure how the system detects/defines 'Parking'?

2 hours ago, NemesisUK said:

I wonder how that works? The Nanoe unit discharges the ions into the outlet of the driver's side dash vent, so at the end of the airflow?

i. While parking, fresh air introduction mode is automatically selected to enhance ventilation
and reduce any odor remaining in the air conditioning unit, thus odor during engine start-up
is minimized.

Probably means when the car is in parked and system on?

• Like 1

While anti virus/bacterial claims are not inspiring super confidence, I am personally  perfectly happy with the anti odour and anti dampness claims.

The best is below which is pretty useful infact - might end up pursueding missus to sit in a parked car rather then spending a fortune in cosmetics:

• Stops moisture evaporation, leading to smooth, well hydrated skin

On 12/17/2022 at 7:46 PM, Vira said:

Any one with definitive information that this is coming to 2023 NX?

No one does until it is finally confirmed but provisionally I suspect it will appear late in 2023 for MY24 models.

3 hours ago, NemesisUK said:

is minimized.

All this does is if you are in recycle mode when you turn off the car, after a minute it automatically puts the system into fresh air mode so air can circulate, and then when you switch back on it remembers it should in recycle mode and automatically switches back.

11 hours ago, Vira said:

While anti virus/bacterial claims are not inspiring super confidence, I am personally  perfectly happy with the anti odour and anti dampness claims.

The best is below which is pretty useful infact - might end up pursueding missus to sit in a parked car rather then spending a fortune in cosmetics:

• Stops moisture evaporation, leading to smooth, well hydrated skin

So, damp air inside a car made of steel.
I still don't understand how that's a good thing

1 hour ago, Al D-Much said:

So, damp air inside a car made of steel.
I still don't understand how that's a good thing

No. It doesn't add water to the air. It stops moisture evaporation from your skin so would actually reduce the amount of water within the vehicle. 

39 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

No. It doesn't add water to the air. It stops moisture evaporation from your skin so would actually reduce the amount of water within the vehicle. 

To stop evaporation from your skin would be unhealthy, to dangerous as it would have to block your pores and not allowing your skin to breathe.

Did find this from Panasonic.
What does Nanoe X do?
nanoe™ X inhibits bacteria and viruses, moulds, allergens, pollens, and hazardous substances, as well as deodorising. It penetrates even tightly woven fabrics, including curtains, blinds, carpets and furniture, reaches pollutants on hard surfaces, and helps clean the air that we breathe.

So Panasonic's tech version of febreze antibacterial spray. LOL

Speaking with my good lady wife she tells me that her contact lenses don't feel as 'dry' when travelling in the the RX, as compared with other cars with a/c. So maybe the Nanoe  X does do something? Not that I personally have noted anything except I have set the cabin temperature 2 degrees higher than I had in the RC to feel as comfortable, both in the hot weather and in the cold. Maybe this is a side effect of the Nanoe X injection of humidified air?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links