Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Hybrid System 15 years Warranty without mileage restriction

John Walker

Hi everyone, 

Not sure if it s been discussed before but i m not sure everyone knows how long is actually the warranty for the Lexus Hybrid System. 

Actually most of the staff working for Lexus don t know or they won t tell you and I thought it s the right thing to spread the word and let everyone know their rights. 

So after the 10 years or 100.000 miles warranty goes away, as long as you keep getting those Hybrid Health Certificates from Lexus every 12 months or 10.000 miles you will extend the hybrid components warranty to 15 years and NO mileage restrictions. It s on their website and it was confirmed by an engineer working at Lexus but like i said, very few know or want to discuss this.

Also you may not want to have your car serviced with Lexus for some reasons but you want the hybrid certificate, well good news, you are entitled to a hybrid health check every 12 months at NO extra costs (although some nasty dealerships will charge you something like £80) without having the car serviced with them. 

Another warranty “trick” : Lets say your car is 9 years and 11 months old and/ or 99.000 miles, this means is very close to have the 10 years/ 100.000 miles warranty (for the whole car) coming to an end. What you can do is have the car serviced with Lexus and they will extend the warranty with another 12 months or 10.000 miles. It means that you can get free warranty for the whole car up to almost 11 years or something like 109.999 miles. Again it s on their website. 

Share your experiences here or let me know if I missed anything. Lots of miles to everyone without problems! 

136944E1-58FA-46F5-A658-F75A7D3F58FF.png

0D925E7A-BEAF-4AB1-9523-C8F26DBB4537.png

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, John Walker said:

Share your experiences here or let me know if I missed anything.

It's only the traction Battery that is covered by the Hybrid Health Check, if there is no other warranty in place.

The Hybrid System itself will have a number of additional (and very expensive) components: inverter, motors etc.

12 minutes ago, Spock66 said:

It's only the traction battery that is covered by the Hybrid Health Check, if there is no other warranty in place.

The Hybrid System itself will have a number of additional (and very expensive) components: inverter, motors etc.

Hmm if you check the first photo I posted from Lexus website it says “hybrid component and Battery warranty” so I thought the whole system is covered 

8 minutes ago, John Walker said:

Hmm if you check the first photo I posted from Lexus website it says “hybrid component and battery warranty” so I thought the whole system is covered 

I agree the wording certainly implies that, but all previous documentation I have seen stated traction Battery only.

1 minute ago, Spock66 said:

I agree the wording certainly implies that, but all previous documentation I have seen stated traction battery only.

That’s a good point then, thank you. It s always good to be prepared by knowing as much as possible. 

From the warranty T&Cs

Hybrid Components (when above 5years and 100,000 miles base warrant cover):

Hybrid Battery Control Module; Hybrid Control Module; and Hybrid inverter with
converter.

https://www.lexus.co.uk/content/dam/lexus/nmsc/united-kingdom/owners/warranty/extended-warranty-with-servicing/Lexus-Warranty-TCs-06-2022.pdf

Keep in mind this appears to be a cut & paste document created from the standard Toyota warranty and there are numerous contradictions and 'errors' such as 

"The Additional Warranty covers the same parts and labour as the Manufacturer Warranty" (where the Additional Warranty is defined as a warranty which is activated automatically on completion of a scheduled full or interim vehicle service at an Authorised Lexus Repairer aka Lexus Relax)

I bet a good lawyer could have a great time arguing these T&Cs should one wish to pursue them with Lexus invoking the usual "errors and omissions" clause ...

2 hours ago, Spock66 said:

It's only the traction battery that is covered by the Hybrid Health Check, if there is no other warranty in place.

Correct and I have posted on this subject at least twice within the last 12 months.

• Like 1

On 12/18/2022 at 9:48 AM, John Walker said:

Also you may not want to have your car serviced with Lexus for some reasons but you want the hybrid certificate, well good news, you are entitled to a hybrid health check every 12 months at NO extra costs (although some nasty dealerships will charge you something like £80) without having the car serviced with them. 

If serviced by Lexus the Hybrid Health Check is free as part of the service cost - if you opt to have it done separately then there is a £59 cost - see: https://www.lexus.co.uk/owners/servicing-and-maintenance/servicing-mot-hybrid-health-check

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links