Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sumitomo htrz5 tyres.

I'm thinking of buying these, seen good reviews on them.i believe  their Japanese.

Can only get 275 35 19 in them,or stick with originals 255 35 19.

Also is there a big difference in grip between standard and 275s.

Thanks.in advance.

2 hours ago, Tee643 said:

I'm thinking of buying these, seen good reviews on them.i believe  their Japanese.

Can only get 275 35 19 in them,or stick with originals 255 35 19.

Also is there a big difference in grip between standard and 275s.

Thanks.in advance.

Never heard of them until today and did some Googling, didn’t realise who they are so thanks for the interesting read.

Seem to get fairly good reviews though most state that they aren’t quite up to the bigger brands in terms of performance with price being the big win.  Width will be fine, think I ran that setup on the ISF without incident though didn’t notice any difference in grip.  Physics would suggest there must be but you will need to really be pushing on to lose the rear end of an ISF (accidentally).  

I’m a wimp so will stick to the household names until someone else tries them first, tyres are the only thing in contact with the road after all and am not willing to bin the RCF for the sake of an experiment.😝

https://www-neumaticoslider-es.translate.goog/neumatico-auto/sumitomo/htr-z5/215-45-zr17-91y-1292982?_x_tr_sl=es&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=sc

This is the size that would fit a CT and a bit far from what I would think of ideal tyre.

https://www.sumitomotire.com/ seems not to be functioning, which is not that great.

Fuel consumption D is pretty poor. 70db noise acceptable and A in rain is good. Price is not hight, so maybe OK.

If the tyre is made for extreme sports cars, there is no Lexus ever made that fit that description.

275 compared to 255 mean they are 2cm wider which by itself will be OK in dry summer, but worse in wet winter. If there is room enough for 2cm wider and 1.4cm higher tyres in the wheel arches of the car I have no idea about, but speedometer would be not correct but showing a bit more than 2% less than OEM tyres, if OEM is 255. No really a problem for many, but maybe a problem for MOT. Here it would be, do not know about UK.

I’ve a couple of school mates that own a tyre shop and they always recommend the Nexen Nfera SU1, I’m not ready for tyres yet BUT it’s coming, my research found they are on Porsche from new, probably not the Mitchelin quality BUT unless the car is tracked or driven like it’s stolen (hard to do either on U.K. roads) I’ve put Nexen on the wife’s car and her mums and my previous cars, never had an issue BUT like u am dubious about putting on the F…….. although I don’t drive silly n just the odd spurt on roads I know……. Any others input would be appreciated 

Sumitomo. They bought out Dunlop decades ago. Not sure nowadays. Just brought a smile to my face seeing that word Sumitomo. Had mates working at the Dunlop factory in Manchester and loved it. They soon moved on with the takeover. 

11 hours ago, Womble72 said:

I’ve a couple of school mates that own a tyre shop and they always recommend the Nexen Nfera SU1, I’m not ready for tyres yet BUT it’s coming, my research found they are on Porsche from new, probably not the Mitchelin quality BUT unless the car is tracked or driven like it’s stolen (hard to do either on U.K. roads) I’ve put Nexen on the wife’s car and her mums and my previous cars, never had an issue BUT like u am dubious about putting on the F…….. although I don’t drive silly n just the odd spurt on roads I know……. Any others input would be appreciated 

Just replaced all four on my CT, the dealer (Lexus) recommended Nexen. Seem pretty good and the price was very good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tee643 said:

Thanks for the replies.

The front tyres are standard size and they are like new,they were fitted when I got the car.

If I change the rear to 275s will it make a difference.

Thanks

I’ve got 275/30/19 on the rears, went up 20mm on fronts too, does feel more grippy from standards.

Fronts are a 35/19 profile to keep Speedo calibration as close as possible 

7 hours ago, Womble72 said:

I’ve got 275/30/19 on the rears, went up 20mm on fronts too, does feel more grippy from standards.

Fronts are a 35/19 profile to keep Speedo calibration as close as possible 

Thanks but if I was to put 275 and leave the fronts on 225 will it have adverse effect.

1 hour ago, Tee643 said:

Thanks but if I was to put 275 and leave the fronts on 225 will it have adverse effect.

None whatsoever, it’s more about the profile height that will change the speedo reading, I went 20mm wider and 5 lower on profile height.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links