Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help confused IS 300H or ES 300H

hi guys i am a newbie and slightly confused as to which model i want never driven a lexus but joined as i hope to be a proud owner of one very soon ....

I wish to get a sunroof and mark levison stereo system as minimum ...which model shall i go for thanks all 

13 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

You need to define your budget

Thanks for the reply i am looking at buying a used lexus from the dealer with my car as part exchange ...looking at £20k

25 minutes ago, goody12 said:

Thanks for the reply i am looking at buying a used lexus from the dealer with my car as part exchange ...looking at £20k

£20k of your money plus the part-ex or £20k total?

With 40k. If that is the correct amount. You should be looking at a very good ES, top of the range.  IS was a great looking car but not sold in UK any more. Go and test drive both.  You will get a lot of change if you decide on a IS. But the refinement of an ES may sway you. I have owed both.  If I could have an ES in a IS shape. I would. All the best with your purchase.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cdmaskell said:

With 40k. If that is the correct amount. You should be looking at a very good ES, top of the range.  IS was a great looking car but not sold in UK any more. Go and test drive both.  You will get a lot of change if you decide on a IS. But the refinement of an ES may sway you. I have owed both.  If I could have an ES in a IS shape. I would. All the best with your purchase.

ok thanks for the reply i have also noticed its hard to find an IS with a sunroof as well

I have an ES Takumi previously had an IS300h, the ES is a lot  longer with a larger turning circle but I would take it over an IS any day of the week for the comfort, the IS is a good car but the ES is better, if you can live with rear seats that don’t fold!!!

15 minutes ago, Derant said:

I have an ES Takumi previously had an IS300h, the ES is a lot  longer with a larger turning circle but I would take it over an IS any day of the week for the comfort, the IS is a good car but the ES is better, if you can live with rear seats that don’t fold!!!

Thanks the ES seems so much better in my eyes more features etc ....whats fuel consumption like thanks

Hi

You won't get certain features with the IS such as car play/android auto and a touchscreen. The infotainment track pad will take some getting used to.

I believe all of the 2022 onwards ES's have a touch screen as well as the track pad which makes life a lot easier if you aren't used to the track pad (I'm not).

I think the newer ES's all come with the 12in display,  the earlier ES's don't have a touch screen and the standard  infotainment screen is smaller except on the Takumis. 

I am a new owner having picked up an ES less than a week ago. I have the Takumi model. 

So far the fuel consumption was an average 54 mpg on motorway (200 mile journey) but its dropped to an to an average of 52mpg as I have been driving around town exclusively since

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Danr said:

Hi

You won't get certain features with the IS such as car play/android auto and a touchscreen. The infotainment track pad will take some getting used to.

I believe all of the 2022 onwards ES's have a touch screen as well as the track pad which makes life a lot easier if you aren't used to the track pad (I'm not).

I think the newer ES's all come with the 12in display,  the earlier ES's don't have a touch screen and the standard  infotainment screen is smaller except on the Takumis. 

I am a new owner having picked up an ES less than a week ago. I have the Takumi model. 

So far the fuel consumption was an average 54 mpg on motorway (200 mile journey) but its dropped to an to an average of 52mpg as I have been driving around town exclusively since

These are the things i want android play etc ....how is parking as it is a long car ...will be going to a lexus dealership this week so going to make my judgement then ....lexus do hold its value so looking forward to picking one up 

Parking has been fine, mine has the 360 camera which really helps.  

The 2021 models come with car play android auto.  An Takumi or an F Sport with the optional Takumi Pack will give you a 360 camera and a HUD

The HUD is picturedIMG-20230101-WA0005.thumb.jpg.e4eafa9ec108bfdbfb7e3765fef0cd34.jpg

• Like 1

I was concerned about the  length as i was initially looking at an IS as well but didnt know the new version was not available in the uk.  The ES is the same size as E class Mercedes and Audi A6 although looks longer owing to it's shape.  The dealer told me it was but I was sceptical so I looked up the technical data to confirm.

41 minutes ago, Danr said:

I was concerned about the  length as i was initially looking at an IS as well but didnt know the new version was not available in the uk.  The ES is the same size as E class Mercedes and Audi A6 although looks longer owing to it's shape.  The dealer told me it was but I was sceptical so I looked up the technical data to confirm.

ok excellent that sounds good i am glad i came on here to ask real owners of the car ..the ES is more for me i love the sunroof and audio...by the way has your ES got the mark levison audio setup 

33 minutes ago, Danr said:

Yes it does.   It comes with the Takumi model and I believe the F Sport if the Takumi Pack has been specified

excellent thanks i know what i am looking for now 

13 hours ago, goody12 said:

Thanks the ES seems so much better in my eyes more features etc ....whats fuel consumption like thanks

I get 54/55 in the summer 49/50 in the winter. I also have climate concierge which controls all the climate controls including seats and steering wheel, set your temperature and it adjusts everything to suit , I think it’s great. I don’t know if comes across the range or whether it’s a Takumi option 

1 hour ago, Derant said:

I get 54/55 in the summer 49/50 in the winter. I also have climate concierge which controls all the climate controls including seats and steering wheel, set your temperature and it adjusts everything to suit , I think it’s great. I don’t know if comes across the range or whether it’s a Takumi option 

Betsy has the concierge option.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Derant said:

Great this is going to be my first lexus so looking forward to getting one 

8 minutes ago, Mincey said:

Betsy has the concierge option.

i was wondering who Betsy was until i saw your signature LOL... you have driven quite a few lexus cars what i find with the cars you hardly see them on the road 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, goody12 said:

hi guys i am a newbie and slightly confused as to which model i want never driven a lexus but joined as i hope to be a proud owner of one very soon ....

I wish to get a sunroof and mark levison stereo system as minimum ...which model shall i go for thanks all 

Well they're cars from different classes. The IS is more a 3 series / C class type car where as the ES is more a mid size - E class / 5 series type car. Other than the sunroof and sound system i think the decision would largely depend on what you use the car for and what your priorities are. I sold my e class due to ulez expansion and was looking for a lexus hybrid. I knew i didn't want an suv so for my budget my options were the IS or the GS (which i think is now replaced by the ES) but overall similar decision. I test drove both and frankly preferred the GS as the interior was roomy and it was more comfortable etc. But similar to the ES the rear seats didn't fold and the boot had an awkward shape which made storing a childs buggy along with any luggage tricky. In the end i went for an IS as that was at a good price + the looks and storage won me over. Overall for what i use the car for (primarily in the city and school runs etc) it is compact had adequate storage that is flexible and it is easier to park in relatively tight spaces than something like the e class or cars of that segment. But it is not without its flaws e.g its designed to be sporty so the seats are super snug doing anything like stretching over and trying to reach anywhere else in the car e.g. The glovebox etc is a nightmare. Sometimes even trying to take things out of the centre console is super difficult and inconvenient. If i had to do it over i sometimes think the GS would be more comfortable and maybe I should have gone for that. While the IS is adequate as a family car it was designed to be more sporty and is not what you would choose if you prefer wafting along in comfort. Also if you do more highway runs and need the comfort I recommend the roomier more comfortable ES over the sporty snug IS. 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links